Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 10:17:57 PM EDT
I'm looking towards traveling a bit to train next year and it occurred to me that a great way to reduce some of the cost would be finding folks heading the same direction to split room and board with.

Has anyone ever tried it? I was thinking finding an Airbnb in the training area for 4-6 people to split the stay with so that a week of training doesn't cost $1k in a hotel room. Has anyone done the same? How did you go about it? How did you find people to share a stay with? Where did you go?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see it working out if you were traveling with some friends, bouncing around and taking classes. But a lot of people won't give out their personal info or would really be willing to stay with other people they don't know.

Maybe check the local forums of where the class is and poke around. "Anyone taking this class on this day? " go from there.
Might not be an air b&b but someone might open up their home to you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done it several times but then I have a pretty dedicated bunch of training partners and we often travel to courses together and lodge together. I've also stayed in "dorms" provided by a course host or at the facility several times. No issues. But, in fairness, there was always plenty of room and nobody had to bunk together that didn't want to essentially.

Splitting a room and gas are one of the best ways to cut down on training expense. The very best of course is to host a trainer locally.....cuts ALL of that out....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top