User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We had a republican triple threat and couldn't get HPA or anything else through.
View Quote
Truth and not just this time. Between 2001 and 2007 when the Republican's had the House, Senate and Presidency we got The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). That was it. Yes they prevented a renewal of the AWB in 2004 and a few other Democrat initiatives but there was no repeal of existing laws or pro-gun legislation. I had zero expectation that this time around would be any different and I was right. Even with the NRA telling us how wonderful all these pro-gun legislators, many now evicted from the House, would be. In the meantime, I can certainly see a fully Democrat controlled government in 2021 repealing the The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), which they abhor, thus rolling back the little progress we had the last twenty years. I would not be surprised to see even a repeal of the 1986 FOPA, sans a repeal of the Hughes Amendment, get pushed through.

We will have two years of legislative stalemate until the 2020 election and then all hell is going to break loose.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Truth and not just this time. Between 2001 and 2007 when the Republican's had the House, Senate and Presidency we got The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). That was it. Yes they prevented a renewal of the AWB in 2004 and a few other Democrat initiatives but there was no repeal of existing laws or pro-gun legislation. I
View Quote
Don't forget:
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/08/us/irking-nra-bush-supports-the-ban-on-assault-weapons.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It will pass too
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes I remember that. The funny thing was the anti's ate it up but it was Karl Rove, in private discussions, who told people the administration would work behind the scenes to make sure a bill never came up for a vote in congress so it would never be an issue for GWB during the 2004 election year. As it was, a bill never did. I remember the evening the BATFE posted the notice on its website that the AWB had expired. Living in New York, it was a non-event.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing significant will be done, lets not forget that Cumhole thinks he is going to be elected POTUS in 2020.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nothing significant will be done, lets not forget that Cumhole thinks he is going to be elected POTUS in 2020.
View Quote
I like to believe that wouldn't happen,  but honestly as batshit crazy a good portion of this country has become,  it really wouldn't surprise me to see him get the big seat.  Lliberals are rabid and motivated.  And he's just the kind of crackpot supertard messiah the moonbats are looking for to ram through unconstitutional laws to fit their agenda.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I like to believe that wouldn't happen,  but honestly as batshit crazy a good portion of this country has become,  it really wouldn't surprise me to see him get the big seat.  Lliberals are rabid and motivated.  And he's just the kind of crackpot supertard messiah the moonbats are looking for to ram through unconstitutional laws to fit their agenda.
View Quote
Cuomo will run and win as a “moderate” Democrat.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
NOPE
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s great seeing out of state relatives over the holidays. And they are happy to be getting better gas mileage on their return trip.

View Quote
Now.. Just what are you saying?  

Also - I was made aware of the proposal to search social media accounts today.. Trample the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments all at once, what a great value!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We will have two years of legislative stalemate until the 2020 election and then all hell is going to break loose.
View Quote
Pretty much. If they have an even remotely good presidential candidate that doesn't have any ruining baggage, our rights are going to be strictly limited to what SCOTUS is willing to go out on a limb to defend, which will be a pittance.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a chance. His campaign would never survive the primary process.

Keep in mind his opponents in NY can’t match his war chest. Other presidential candidates won’t have that problem.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
He'll run just as he is now- a progressive zealot, claiming there's no room in the new America for people with conservatives values - calling for nationwide SAFE, open borders and the entire US to be a sanctuary Country-   and they'll love him for it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He'll run just as he is now- a progressive zealot, claiming there's no room in the new America for people with conservatives values - calling for nationwide SAFE, open borders and the entire US to be a sanctuary Country-   and they'll love him for it.
View Quote
After seeing the 2018 mid-terms, I do not think either side should be complacent come 2020. This country is basically divided right down the middle politically with a 50/50 split. Look at the elections in Georgia, Arizona and Florida (to name a few) where only a few thousand votes tipped the balance either way. And we still have the Mississippi U.S. Senate race to be decided in the upcoming runoff. I would not be surprised at all with a few hundred votes bringing Cuomo to the top in the primaries. The question is how far left do the candidates have to go to get the votes. But for Republican's the question is how far right do you go. Trump will almost certainly be the 2020 candidate though there are rumblings of at least one candidate who wants to primary him.

Up until 2016 I would have said there was no way Cuomo would ever be a contender for President. But now I am really not that sure and smart people would work hard to support any and all Democrat candidates, within the primary system, to deny him the chance to advance to the Democrat nomination. Even if it means sending money to people like Bernie Sanders to help him get the nod
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#14]
D Win: It's a mandate!
R Win: Keep counting until the D wins.

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
In NY, he is king of the Dems, controls the media, and has no worthy opponent with a fat wallet like he has. On a national scale, that's not the case.

When he steps onto the big stage, the other dems will eat him alive... All the skeletons in his closet that are off limits to the NY media are fair game to his democrap opponents. The drug use, the legal troubles daddy got him out of, the tax loopholes he uses, all the buffalo billions back room deals, and all of those other demons he has kept out of the public eye will be dragged out for all to see.

His own party will tell him to take a step back IF he does decide to run. There is no way he walks onto the national campaign trail and his secrets stay hidden. "The third man" in the room was on his way to a federal indictment when a deal was cut by someone, and Preet was ousted... I have no doubt those files are still locked away in someone's file cabinet in case he runs in 2020...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Cuomo doesn’t have a chance.  He’s the wrong color and the wrong gender.  That’s all that matters to the insane leftists today.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cuomo doesn’t have a chance.  He’s the wrong color and the wrong gender.  That’s all that matters to the insane leftists today.
View Quote
Oh he will dress up in drag if it means he will win..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top