Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:50:35 PM EDT
I'll be there to make my annual $7 contribution at the door for the privilege of checking out a bunch of overpriced european militaria and multicam fidget spinners.

Shall we line up some lunch for Saturday afternoon?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]
"I Remember when I used to be able to pick up 1k rounds of Aussie 308 from the Long Island ammo guy for $129!"
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I Remember when I used to be able to pick up 1k rounds of Aussie 308 from the Long Island ammo guy for $129!"
View Quote
Yea, those days ended fifteen years ago.....My Salesman from Century used to call me with "deals" at least once a week  How about surplus 7.62x51 for $100. per thousand DELIVERED!  I still have a couple cans of Israeli "TZ" ammo made in the 80's set aside for a "rainy day"  

I'd love to go to Lunch, but with just the two of us working, I just can't leave, especially since 10:30 to around 1:30 on Saturday IS the very busiest!  Our tables are Row "N" and "O"  35~37 Van Tassel's Gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Whole lotta holsters, swastikas, and old ammo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
lol  in my best DK Prof voice.

Syracuse is always a great show, when I was doing it with my buddy Mike, I always walked out with a load of good stuff. But I never went there looking for specific guns, the militaria was always top notch. If you go there as a 1 trick pony likely ou will be disappointed. But I always found great ordnance, collectible military ammo, and general militaria there, to buy for my collection, and to turn around and sell.

My buddy Mike is there this weekend, said it started out great, but the weather was so nice, the afternoon died quickly. Wish I was there, shows down here don't typically have a lot of milsurp, or militaria. Typically if you want anything AR or modern assault weapon, Class 3, suppressors, you can find anything like that you want...but typically at, say, the Mesquite show, I can count the number of cool milsurps on my two hands.

The only really good show for milsurps/militaria consistently is the Dallas Arms Collector show, which I will be set up next weekend. The big Ft Worth shows are usually pretty good too, last time I went, I snagged an all original WWII front seam swivel bale original perfect paint M1 helmet with a minty, complete Westinghouse WWII liner hidden under an ugly woodland cover for $40, and an extremely rare German manufactured HE round for the Russian 37mm M39 AA gun for $80...

I wish I was up there this weekend combing the tables. I was never disappointed with that show....
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It wasn't too bad, at least I was able to get out and around a little bit...started slow, picked up between 11:00 and 1:00 after that traffic was light. Too nice a Day especially given the rainy Summer we've had.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure, there have been times I left frustrated, but I've gotten guns there at a really sweet deal.  My Ithaca 20ga. featherlight being one of them. Man that thing drops deer!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I had fun.  As much as we like to bitch it isn't a bad show.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol  in my best DK Prof voice.

Syracuse is always a great show, when I was doing it with my buddy Mike, I always walked out with a load of good stuff.
<snip>

I wish I was up there this weekend combing the tables. I was never disappointed with that show....
View Quote
Right on.    I can't figure out why people are looking for AR15 parts you can buy on the internet then get all hurt when show price is as high as internet price.

At Syracuse in the past I've procured an SVT40 bayonet at half price, a pristine FN Type B bayonet for $300, and the only Force Publique marked FN grenade launcher I've ever seen- AFAIK it's the only one that still exists.   Of course, 95% of "gun experts" here don't even know what those are.

Two years ago 1201 had a S&W Model 41 at a great price, and it didn't sell at the show.  Some years ago a guy had a OOW 1928 fully kitted out for $5k and nobody bought it, though they could have flipped it for an easy $2k profit.

At shows I usually look for stuff I can flip quickly to double my money and more often than not I make several trips to the vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#11]
And in two weeks everybody can bitch about the Rochester Show in the Dome. (Sep.31 ~ Oct. 1)  
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Wasn't that the show that I got two AI AR10s- a Dutch and Guatamalan-  for $1600 each?   Izzy HB for $750?   Yeah, that's the show.

Gun shops aren't worth going to either.   That's why I got a Spring 1945 Garand last week for $499.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#13]
How did the guy with the "solvent traps" make out?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wasn't that the show that I got two AI AR10s- a Dutch and Guatamalan-  for $1600 each?   Izzy HB for $750?   Yeah, that's the show.

Gun shops aren't worth going to either.   That's why I got a Spring 1945 Garand last week for $499.
View Quote
Those AR-10's were nice once you got all my drool off them.
Deals can be found if you'll look for them and have cash and the willingness to plunk it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top