Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 11:32:01 AM EDT
@ciraxis

Anyone have plans for fishing Lake Ontario/Pulaski area for Salmon this year?  Theres usually an ARFCOM hookup in Altmar for lunch, beers and lies.  I have friends heading up for September 29, 30 and 10/1 and I believe I'm heading up for my annual visit 10/5/6/7/8.  Early reports are really good right now.  Cohos blasting the river daily and lots of Kings being caught - even up in Pineville/Altmar.  I would much rather fish 9/28/29/30 and NOT the Columbus Day weekend but that's what it looks like we'll have to do.

Anyone else have plans to be there?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now I have the week of the 2nd off, unless the run sucks this year I'll be up there every day.  

If the run does suck I'm not sure when I'll be up, but I will be there to drink beer with you regardless.   I missed the last two years thanks to fucking cancer, I'm seriously in need of a good fishing season.  

If anyone wants to join me that would be great
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I am game to come fish/ bullshit with you guys! Where do you go in Altmar? 
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am game to come fish/ bullshit with you guys! Where do you go in Altmar? 
View Quote
not sure of the name, its on the south side of the bridge, little bar/hole in the wall but the burgers are ok and they have booze
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ill be camping at cranberry lake that weekend
View Quote
Gay
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a decent push of fish this week, obviously not enough to fill the river but guys I know did pretty good.  

I might try to go this sunday but I doubt it will happen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ill be camping at cranberry lake that weekend
View Quote
Go on, I'm listening....
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Caught one in the lake off of Kendall a few weeks ago.  They are starting there run in Sandy creek in Hamlin.  Should be pretty good third coming weekend with the rain on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There was a decent push of fish this week, obviously not enough to fill the river but guys I know did pretty good.  

I might try to go this sunday but I doubt it will happen.
View Quote
went up Saturday the 9th and they were running most of the day, went back up on the 12th and was good till the sun got high enough to light the water then it died. hooked into about 10 so far but haven't landed any yet, once they decide to go downstream in the rapids your done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I might go up this sunday with my wife
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Run is already solid from what I've heard
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be up there every day starting monday

@Zoomer302 is your cell number still the same?   Let me know when you want to meet up for beer
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep it's the same.  I'll be up the there the 5/6/7 maybe fish the 8th but doubt it
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I need to get down to the pier in Olcott, haven't fished there in years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be in the Pulaski area this weekend 10/7&8 with a couple buds. Hoping to get something good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Fishing is outstanding right now!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fishing is outstanding right now!
View Quote
What are you using and how?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What are you using and how?
View Quote
Using a fly rod with sucker spawn.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I left at 1 today, i was beat, lol

Day 3 of crazy good fishing
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Caught this Friday morning off the pier at Genesee River.  Only one I have gotten.  Bites are kind of slow around here.  My buddy caught one on a bottom rig with night crawlers Sunday morning.  Not bad for just getting back into fishing this summer.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Caught this Friday morning off the pier at Genesee River.  Only one I have gotten.  Bites are kind of slow around here.  My buddy caught one on a bottom rig with night crawlers Sunday morning.  Not bad for just getting back into fishing this summer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/207874/20170929_081751-324270.jpg
View Quote
nice!

The Salmon river is on fire right now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Heading home now.  Had the worst season We've had in 20 years.  The Salmon river is on fire but crowds are insane.  I won't fish the big river and we fish other tribe.  We landed 3 and multiple other hook ups and runoffs but all in all it was pretty sad.  This was the biggest pig I landed and I could hardly lift it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137149/IMG_0585-327847.JPG

Heading home now.  Had the worst season We've had in 20 years.  The Salmon river is on fire but crowds are insane.  I won't fish the big river and we fish other tribe.  We landed 3 and multiple other hook ups and runoffs but all in all it was pretty sad.  This was the biggest pig I landed and I could hardly lift it.
View Quote
I was at the bridge on friday noon at the off chance you'd be there, i had no cell service.   Sorry i missed ya

Shame you didnt have a hood year, i think this year was one of the best i've ever had
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Tried to get out this morning for a little while with the kids.  Was a little late waiting out the rain.  20mph wsw winds didn't help, other than getting better casting distance.  Saw a few nice ones jump.  But no tight lines, left without even seeing one landed.  Went to find some better wind cover and worm fished for a little.  My oldest caught one sunfish... That was it for the outing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry I missed you to Brad.  From what I saw the big river is completely loaded top to bottom with fish.  Cleaning stations are running full tilt and the poor guys look exhausted.  We saw full stringers of fish being dragged back to cars everywhere (nothing like a little Pulaski tenderizing zombie mud sharks...).  Every fisherman I saw seemed happy.  More fish at the bottom of the LFZ holding in the slot than I can remember seeing for 20 years.  On the south side of that bridge fish were running in 2 channels - Ive never seen them run so heavy there like that.  Town pool circus had pods of 100-150 fish swimming in circles trying to avoid the kitchen sponge gauntlet. 5 simultaneous hookups there wasn't uncommon.  I cant fish like that tho.  My friend Jack and I fished in virtual solitude for 3 days, and while "our hole" usually produces there just weren't the numbers there like in the big river.  We pounded it relentlessly for 3 straight days and while we saw fish jumping (loosening eggs in their bellies - or so I'm told that's why they jump) continuously we just didn't get the hookups were used to.  It was more like muskie fishing and the term the fish of 10,000 casts seemed more appropriate on this trip than any I can remember.

I'm glad to hear you're hitting it good this year.  Considering what you and your bride have gone through the past 2 years, you deserve it.  My co-worker was up there a week before I was and he said he landed 15 or so.  A slower than usual for him but way more than when we were there.  Were thinking the flooding all summer had something to do with it and I was amazed to hear just how bad it was.  Marinas said most boats didn't GO IN the water till August and the high water marks we saw were pretty incredible.  At least I have something to try and pin the miserable year for us on......  Catch one for me and I'll make sure we hook up next years for a suds or 5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top