User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He strongly advised me to NOT request a supporting deposition when I plead not guilty.

Years ago before officer's had computers the purpose of requesting a sup dep was if the officer didn't send out one before you appeared for trial the ticket would almost always be dismissed. These days it takes only a few minutes to fill in and print out a boiler plate sup dep for any offense so they are almost always sent it out in a timely manner. Trooper's usually give you one at the scene when they hand you the UTT/STI.

There is no point in requesting a sup dep if you don't have any intention of going to trial which it appears you aren't going to do.

The cops I have talked to don't make a big deal now days about sending a SD.   It's pretty automated and been that way for awhile now as stated above.  

Advice on the 1201 is good.  Locality keeps it all, no state surcharge.  There was a bill I think it might have made it to law not sure, that even if a speed is reduced you still pay the surcharge to the state on that charge, localities were up in arms about this as it cut into their take.   Believe it or not H Clinton of all people when she was NYS Senator make recommendations to drop the bill.  Call Ripley's.  :D

I would go to court myself talk to the ADA for the locality and plead your case.   Ask for dismissal settle for 1201.  The trooper will not talk to you but most likely will be present and represented by said ADA.   The state is pushing hard from Gov office and DMV for seat belt and distracted driver stuff, cell phone, texting, etc besides the regular DWI campaigns.  As another said no seat belt driver goes on your record and your ins will nail you for it.   So it is worth fighting.      

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just be glad you didn't have a dog with you.

Huh? Please explain.  I often drive with a mean looking GSD with me.  What should I be expecting?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? Please explain.  I often drive with a mean looking GSD with me.  What should I be expecting?

He is insinuating that cops like to shoot dogs
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, yeah I knew that already.  I was just wondering if they were issued an official directive to "kill Fido on site."

At any rate, sorry top derail.  Carry on, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was just wondering if they were issued an official directive to "kill Fido on site."

Of course not. You have to judge if you're likely to get bit. The officer can defend themselves if they perceive they are about to get bit. Me, I carry dog bones. I've found that if they are chewing on a dog bone, they are less likely to be chewing on my bones.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to Patterson's state Revenue Advancement Program Enforcement

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok, since we have so much road experience here let me set a few things straight. Troopers DO NOT pull over cars haphazardly just to issue UTT's, for the most part they hate V&T. IF a break is given roadside they are doing it out of kindness, not out of some sense of subterfuge. I used to let 80% of the people I stopped go with nothing, those I did right were the liars. There is no grand scheme going on.

This is the truth as I know it and see it every day....  But my similar opinion is just coming from the "desk" of a local PD

Maybe i missed that File 24 on the "grand scheme"..?  

In reference to the OP the cheapest and easiest way to handle it is to just talk to the ADA handling that courts traffic section and explain the situation...  Can only hope for the best... I myself have been pulled over by and work with some LE that are one egg short of a dozen, or are just plain douchbags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top