Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:18 AM EDT
i asked them about this, pointing out that preban mags are perfectly legal, and they said
"We do not sell to any of New York according to New York State Laws. "

i then sent them nys penal law section 265.00 line 23 :

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

i'm awaiting further response.

fellow new yorkers, please help me be a "squeaky wheel", as we dont need companies enforcing bans that do not exist, further isolating law-obiding gun owners of this state.

-44rdv4rk
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it sucks to live in this circle of hell called New York.....

A lot of companies play this way - can't be bothered to dig deeper or are afraid of what might change or be interpreted. I tried to push with Sportsman's Guide on the surplus Tommy Gun drums and got no where, so I stopped buying.

Let them know how you feel and buy elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank Spitzer. With many manufacturers not dating their new mags, these companies don't want to expose themselves to liability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top