Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
I just received an appeal letter from the NRA today along with two postcards to send to the Republican Chair and Democratic Chair.

I will send in the postcards, but the NRA also was looking for a $30 donation to fight some new threat. I'm a new NRA member. What's the deal with these things? Are they well disguised fundraising campaigns or do they actually accomplish anything?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just received an appeal letter from the NRA today along with two postcards to send to the Republican Chair and Democratic Chair.

I will send in the postcards, but the NRA also was looking for a $30 donation to fight some new threat. I'm a new NRA member. What's the deal with these things? Are they well disguised fundraising campaigns or do they actually accomplish anything?

All the NRA wants is money.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
yes they do want money

but who else fights for the gun owners rights??????
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yes they do want money

but who else fights for the gun owners rights??????

They do not do enough.  How has the NRA helped NJ?  and I am a member.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
well ? i dont know.  can you imagine if there was no NRA?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Vadge - Like any other deserving organization, the NRA will send you a zillion letters, surveys, warnings of new legislative tactics, etc.

The underlying principle is that they are reminding you that it requires more than just your membership fee for them to be truly effective.

So decide what extra you'd like to give, when you'd like to give, and ignore the constant requests.

Some people would like to point out that the NRA hasn't been able to make much headway in NJ and spin it to a "Why should I give money to the NRA?" question.

The reality is that we need to support both National and Local organizations to be truly effective.

Hence, give to the NRA on the one hand AND give to the NJCSD.org on the local level.

We all wish we lived in a world where we didn't have to constantly struggle to defend our 2nd Ammendments rights, but that's not going to change anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I encourage everyone to look into both - Gun Owners of America as well as Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership

www.gunowners.org/
www.jpfo.org/

The only real "No Compromise" organizations.
Top Top