Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
scary military type rifles, high cap mags, folding stock, henny penny! they are so deadly we must ban it all! oh but wait, on demand abortion, well we need to have some more of that because its written law you see, and we all know the right to bear arms is not. gun control is about public safety and the children. lets see there were 67 zillion abortions last year and our guns killed no one.( HUMMM? ) it is mind blowing  to me how these fools twist and turn right from wrong and the good folks allways pay the price. overnight your mags turn you into a 3rd degree felon, but rush that scanky whore off to kill a unborn child and your good to go.

To keep the record straight, it's not a felony, it's a crime in the fourth degree. Although I wouldn't want to be charged with either.

The terms misdemeanor and felony are not used in NJ. The terms used here are disorderly persons offence (basicly equal to misdemeanor in other states) and crime (basicly equal to felony in other states).  This is a Crime of the 4th degree, so if you were to mix and match  with the more popular terms used out of state...than yes it in fact would be a 4th degree felony.

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Please forgive my ignorance,But doest that mean if one had a say 30 rouind mag blocked to 15 rounds with a welded or rivited floorplate,makeing it a 15 round mag its legal
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some of pk90's mags already.They are awesome!!The reason I  was curious is for cosmetics reasons only.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please forgive my ignorance,But doest that mean if one had a say 30 rouind mag blocked to 15 rounds with a welded or rivited floorplate,makeing it a 15 round mag its legal

welded yes,but, rivets can be removed.   Support PK90- conversions or the future CP ll ten rounders

You can also cut down the mag to hold 15 ,then rivet it I guess. Even if you drilled out the rivets, it would still be only big enough for 15 rounds. If that isnt permanant, then what is? Also, I just went and bought a pop rivet gun...just in case I need it for anything around the house of course. No reason for it really.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Hold onto those 20 & 30 round mag bodies.    3rd Design
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To bad well over a year ago this happened to me.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To bad well over a year ago this happened to me.

That totally happened to me, too...Small world, eh?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
overnight your mags turn you into a 3rd degree felon,

To keep the record straight, it's not a felony, it's a crime in the fourth degree. Although I wouldn't want to be charged with either.hinking.gif

The terms misdemeanor and felony are not used in NJ. The terms used here are disorderly persons offence (basicly equal to misdemeanor in other states) and crime (basicly equal to felony in other states).  This is a Crime of the 4th degree, so if you were to mix and match  with the more popular terms used out of state...than yes it in fact would be a 4th degree felony.

guys, thank you for your pin-point accuracy on the law, i made a tiny error in my sarcastic rant, guess the point that i was trying to make was missed. hr

Naa I got the point. I was just tryin to point out to the other guy that people often interchange those two terms and therefore you said nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hold onto those 20 & 30 round mag bodies.  hinking.gif  3rd Design

I'm getting a CNC mill in a few days. Any way I can help?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Check IM
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
F them! Ask them if they check gang members' mags.

F-N Right!  The asshats in Trenton can not even control the crime rate in our state capital, yet they will penalize the people they are bound to Protect and Serve.  That letter was created to make themselves feel good about their own inadeqacies of stopping crime.  

"Hey if we can not stop the criminals, we need to find someone esle to fuck over!"

This state is in the downward spiral in which it shall never recover.

ETA:  Ranger plates, everyone think Ranger Plates!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry

The mind set of the ruling class, of the peoples republic of New Jersey (a first class police state) is why I left and never went back. I was born and raised there.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please forgive my ignorance,But doest that mean if one had a say 30 rouind mag blocked to 15 rounds with a welded or rivited floorplate,makeing it a 15 round mag its legalhr
welded yes,but, rivets can be removed.   Support PK90- conversions or the future CP ll ten rounders

Why is everyone so quick to come up with ideas and critiques on the ideas of how to comply with this stupidity?  First of all, the more it is discussed in public, the more ammmunition (no pun intended) you give the state to go back and rewrite the stupid law such that there is no way to comply.  We all know what the ultimate goal of this administration is.  Don't think that you will gain some small victory by coming up with your "ingenious" solution to your interpretation of what is compliant.  

From the NJSP website: "The New Jersey State Police is not authorized to provide legal advice to private parties....Because the New Jersey State Police is not authorized to provide legal advice to private parties, you may wish to consult with independent legal counsel or conduct your own research." That means that any decision on compliance or non-compliance will be settled in court.  Does anyone want to be the test case and pay for that litigation?  I don't.  "welded yes,but, rivets can be removed."  What's the difference in drilling rivets out vs. cutting through welds with a dremel? I don't want to start debating methods for compliance. The point is that these can be argued to death, but in the end who will decide who is right?  Do what you think you need to do to be compliant and just leave it alone already.  In the meantime, stop helping to write the script for the prosecution by debating this over the air.  Talk about it at your club meetings.

There seems to be a lot on ingenuity coming with ideas of blocking mags.  Maybe we should spend that energy by focusing our ideas and attention (and $$$ if you can) on the ANJRPC which has vowed to "vigorously challenge this action" or anyone else that can help develop an organized response. In 2002, we are able to stop this by rallying signatures and writing letters.   Let's see if we can come up with ideas to just make this thing go away.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Good idea alray. I've already sent my donation to the NJCSD. How about the rest of you????
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Alray - I understand and support your underlying point and I also have contributed to NJCSD, etc.

However, I would hesitate to tell people not to discuss this topic here, in a free and open manner.

I don't think .gov is going to learn anything useful in reading our debate concerning methods to comply with the "permanent block" rules.

Weld, rivet or epoxy - people will choose their own path to compliance and like you said we should then focus our efforts on getting some beneficial adjustments made to these NJ laws.

But let us not suppress open and honest debate on this topic.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I concur.

Its better to have 20 people doing it 2 ways versus 20 people doing it 20 ways.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I think all gun owners should support each other as one. PERIOD! its not just new york,
nj, etc... even ill. is having its share of battles. if ALL gunowners stood together as one,
not the hunters worried about thier issues or the black rifle guys just worreid about theirs,
maybe we can gain some ground. and not be pushed around by the antis.

and in NJ i dont think they have to read forums to dream up thier fn bullshit.  even donating
can be frustrating. i was there in 1990 and none of it made a difference.
who here remembers the rally in trenton? when even law inforcement said it was rediculous.
They did what they wanted anyway!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I live out of state  (VA) and travell a lot to matches; mostly USPSA. I did shoot the GSSF in NJ last year and come to think of it, some of my Glock mags might have been new ones, I honestly don't recall. I found out about this ban after the fact.

Anyway, since then I have asked some friends who shoot USPSA in NJ and here is the gist of what they told me:

-its OK to bring higher than 15 rounders to a USPSA match in NJ. Just bring them in parts (disassembled) and put them back together on club property for the match. Then take them apart.  

-but that does not seem OK from reading the letter above.  I think that we should have an exception since we live out of state, but it does not matter what I think; the law is what matters & I'm having a hard time finding an exception for us.  Whadyathink?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#23]
those draconian laws even touch people that dont even live there?

go figure
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
those draconian laws even touch people that dont even live there?

go figure

If you keep in mind that the HBO drama "The Sopranos" takes place and is actually filmed in north jersey (where 2/3 of this most-densely-populated state in the USA lives), it's all about the money and the power.

The mob runs many many businesses and the government has its crooked fingers in everyone's business. Our elected (haha) officials care very little about the citizens of this state.  They're only interested in enriching themselves and their friends. And fuck everyone else. And if they can catch out-of-staters in their revenue machines (can you say speed traps?) so much the better. So you AR fans, bring all your 20 and 30 rounders to jersey. There's some guys residing in Trenton and Rahway looking for girlfriends.  

This state sucks

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur.

Its better to have 20 people doing it 2 ways versus 20 people doing it 20 ways.  

I am not proposing the suppression of any debate on the topic.  I am just suggesting it be done in a less open forum, such as at your gun club.  I may be paranoid, but coming up with 20 different ways to comply online here offers twenty new ways to rewrite the law.  Just look at what is being proposed in NY.

If some of you think this is paranoid, just remind yourself how much open and honest debate there was on this before that letter was issued.  NONE.  Does anyone remember voting on this?  I don't.  Does anyone remember the state legislature voting on this?  They tried to in 2002, but it never got anywhere.  But look where we are now with this backhanded approach of what amounts to gubernatorial decree.  Hell, they don't even want the citizens to be informed about it.  The letter was sent to dealers only.  The only reason we know about it is because PK90 posted it. (Thank you BTW)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top