Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 7:35:55 PM EDT
I know NJ is the only state that considers bb guns to be firearms, but I was at Dick's recently and they had airsoft guns for sale. Some guy goes to the counter and buys 2 of them for his kids. Is airsoft considered a bb gun, or do the BBs have to be metal or something? I dont want a BB or an airsoft, It was just something I was thinking about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Airsoft guns are not considered firearms even though the projectile is smaller than 3/8".  2C:39-1f.

Why?  I was told that the balls are not solid.  They are hollow.  I never opened one up, so I'll have to believe the NJSP Firearms Unit Trooper who told me that on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
NJ needs to fall into the ocean...along with NYC....please God, do it for the children
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
NJ needs to fall into the ocean...along with NYC....please God, do it for the children

Dieter,

You don't mind if the NJ crew comes to live at your place after the big splash?
For the sake of balancing the continent should CA fall off at the same time?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dieter,

You don't mind if the NJ crew comes to live at your place after the big splash?
For the sake of balancing the continent should CA fall off at the same time?

Balance is essential, you know....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
come to NY, then after NY falls, we can all move to Pennsylvania....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Kid, you'll shoot your eye out!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont think airsoft bb's are hollow, but I guess the plasticness of the whole affair makes it seem safer by some measure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
come to NY, then after NY falls, we can all move to Pennsylvania....

Please Don't.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top