BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's a good time for you and the rest of us to get out and take a first aid/CPR course. If it isn't for your own loved ones it could help save the life of someone else's. I was a NYS certified first responder years ago and I can't tell how reassuring it was to have that level of training and knowledge.

Keep us posted.

+1

The only useful things I received from county college were certifications in First Aid, CPR, and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator.  Now that my certifications are 6+ years old this would be a good time to go down the hospital and see when the Red Cross is holding classes.  The classes are well taught, the material is not to difficult to learn and with this skill you can save someone's life.  Hey if you can build an AR you can lean CPR.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope everything is back to normal for you. Chances are it he had a febrile seizure
that it could happen again. You need to watch when he gets sick and keep his temp from spikes. Cool compress under the arms and back of the neck should work. Do not submerge him into a ice cold tub.

I do not want to worry you but just be ready just in case, It might also never happen again and those was a fluke. In either case glad all is ok and I know how you feel. I went through it with my son when he was a baby.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
FMJ - Best Wishes and Prayers to the little one.

We are all hoping it is a one-time event only.

J/K - You can't mention that "you bought a new pistol" and not give further details.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Double Post
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My prayers are with you.  I know how you feel.  In Nov. of 2002 little twogun had to have an operation, or he would not make it.  I think of those days and I still cry.  I work as a street sergeant for a large city, and when I get  calls for sick babies, tears come to my eyes thinking of little twogun.  He is a healthy 3 year old now.  The future is bright for you.  Jesus watches over the little children.  My friend's daughter had the same thing you dercribed that your son expierinced, she is in good health today several years later.  Be Strong.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent, and best wishes, too - I sure am glad to hear that things are looking up... I JUST read this whole thread, and my heart went out to you and yours... Best of luck, bud - I'm sure it'll all be OK...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Bud,

I'm happy to hear it wasn't too serious. Let s know if we can do anything for you.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Rob,

Prayers inbound.  Stay strong, your family will need you and we're here for you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My prayers go to you and your family, FMJ.  I can't and don't want to imagine what that must have been like.

Glad to hear your little guy is okay.

Feel better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top