Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for the shoot and the dinner run.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, is anybody else camping?  Matt?  Steve?  You guys were maybes.  Anybody else?  I'm trying to get an idea for how many folks will be there that night.  (door prize planning is underway!)

Ahem, I'll be camping.
I'll make sure to bring my tent poles too
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, is anybody else camping?  Matt?  Steve?  You guys were maybes.  Anybody else?  I'm trying to get an idea for how many folks will be there that night.  (door prize planning is underway!)

Rob I can not say at this time if I can make it or not for the shoot or camping.  
Matt
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem, I'll be camping.

We know SILLY, You're on the list PAGE 1
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rob I can not say at this time if I can make it or not for the shoot or camping.  
Matt

Take your time, Brother, we know you have a heavy heart right now. Take Care.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt

Take your time, Brother, we know you have a heavy heart right now. Take Care.

+1

Hang in there Matt, your pals have you and your family in our thoughts
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem, I'll be camping.

We know SILLY, You're on the list PAGE 1

List schmist, you gotta watch him now that he's in PA
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, ladies & gentlemen, The Leeds 13th child will be outta town for the weekend, so have no FEAR to camp in the Barrens after the Blast. Please feel free to get on the " List Schmist "
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt

Matt- can we borrow your 1919???
j/k
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#12]
BTW - - - can we carry/holster a pistol at the range???
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey hows it going? Just was wondering where in NJ is that range located?

From,
Fly223
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey hows it going? Just was wondering where in NJ is that range located?

From,
Fly223

HERE GOES:

Directions to the range from the Turnpike. If you need directions from somewhere else, post here and someone will definitely provide.

I know they are long but, I was very descriptive with them. The whole trip is really very simple.

•Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 7

•After paying toll, take Rt. 206 South

•After a short distance, make a LEFT onto Rt. 68. This is a very well marked intersection with signs for Fort Dix. Also, you can only turn left or go straight at this light, there is no right turn. Rt. 68 is larger highway divided in the middle by a grass median.

•After several miles, you will turn LEFT onto Rt. 537/Monmouth Rd. If you go too far, you will run into the entrance to Ft Dix and the MPs will tell you so. Just turn around and go back a couple of roads.

•After a couple of miles, you will come to an intersection with a WAWA on the far left corner, a diner on the far right corner, a motel on the near left and a gas station on the near right. The WAWA is a good landmark and the last/best place to stop for supplies before getting to the range… Continue straight through the light and on 537.

•A couple of miles past the WAWA you will go through a traffic light. Soon after that you will pass a farm market on your left (with the farm on both sides of the road) and then come to a flashing yellow light. Turn RIGHT at the flashing light onto Jacobstown Cookstown Rd. Note – one of the signs on the corner only says Jacobstown Rd but, that’s the one you want. Just look for the flashing yellow light; that is the best landmark.

•Follow this road to the end, it is a couple of miles. When you get to the end/stop sign, turn RIGHT onto the little main street of Cookstown. I do not believe there are any street signs here.

•Once you go through town you will pass a farm field and then cross over onto the military reservation. (Ft Dix) There is one little white sign that you might miss but, as soon as the field ends and the woods begin, you are on base. Continue straight, this is now Range Rd. You will pass some Bivouac sites on the right and a range or two on the left and the ‘urban’ range on the right. Look for ‘Messina Range’ on your left and the urban/MOUT looking range on your right (they are directly across from each other). These are good landmarks and Range 14 is the next left up the road. You will see a small brown sign on the left that says ‘Ft Dix Rod & Gun Club – Range 14’. Turn LEFT here.

•Go down the short road and cross the tank trail and go through the gate. (you will see the red ‘range hot’ flag flying) Go straight down the long ‘driveway’. You will pass the skeet/trap range on your left, the small archery courses on your right and will eventually come to the rifle range. (You have to turn left)

•We generally have two or three tables all the way down on the right side of the firing line. (These would be the first two you will see when you pull in) Look for a BRIGHT YELLOW F-150 parked on the line. You can pull right up to the line to unload.

Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Crap...  Seems like I won't be able to make it to this shoot now.  And I just puchased my upper too, Oh well, maybe I'll head out on another weekend and give it a try...
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone need/want ammo. I have a hookup for M193. It's $95 including tax. Drop me a PM if interested. I will probably pick it up this Sunday.

Rob:
Yup, I'm in for camping
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Does anyone need/want ammo. I have a hookup for M193. It's $95 including tax. Drop me a PM if interested. I will probably pic it up this Sunday.

Rob:
Yup, I'm in for camping

Add him to the List Schmist
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#18]

FT. Dix is NOT on the list for base closures
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep your personal battles with other members out of here and in the pit
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Does anyone need/want ammo. I have a hookup for M193. It's $95 including tax. Drop me a PM if interested. I will probably pick it up this Sunday.

Rob:
Yup, I'm in for camping

Federal???? $95/500???
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rob:
Yup, I'm in for camping

Federal???? $95/500???

That is correct. It's the boxed stuff. Not PD
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok guys I will be going to the shoot and I will be camping.  

If it ends up raining that day I will be going to WWII weekend instead.  I hate camping in the rain.

Matt
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If it ends up raining that day I will be going to WWII weekend instead.  I hate camping in the rain.

Matt

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well can we?????

I love drama!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Matt

Glad to hear that you're in

Considering the heat generated from the last fire you wont have to worry about the rain
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Glad your coming Matt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well can we?????

I love drama!

Technically, I think all weapons are supposed to be cleared and tabled during cease-fires.  However, I have seen people carry holstered there before.

Hummmm, maybe we should call? FMJ do you reserve our positions? I believe we as a group have clout so I'm thinking if they are asked via phone prefacing the query with, "I shoot with the Ar15.com group - are we allowed to carry holster exposed pistols?" Maybe a way to get to the bottom of this.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Lion Dog,

My friend wants to come and holster his lightsaber...Do you think he can do that!

Edit to change pic  

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey Lion Dog,

My friend wants to come and holster his lightsaber...Do you think he can do that!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/zbrane/PICT1714.jpg

(This is not me)  

[Cough] Bullshit [Cough]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like a good group of guys coming to the shoot and the camping.

I will have the campsite all set for you guys so all you have to do is add flame to the pit for the fire to begin.

What time is the shoot starting and over with?
I have things to do down at the club in the morning but I might be able to get free around noonish. I need to try a P22 before I buy one for my son.

RW3
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hey Lion Dog,

(This is not me)  

$20 if you wear your Vader outfit to the range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hey Lion Dog,

z- you are scaring me. And from the looks of that light saber special effect so should George Lucas. I bet sleep deprivation will do that - - -

I should hook you up with my nephew - his room is a star wars toy store.

Your star wars fetish is not the ghey   -  we need to find you a Princess Layher SOON!

ETRZC (edited to reflet zbrane's change): duh... what happened to that swashbuckling saber waving hoplophile???
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:54:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Hey Lion Dog,

(This is not me)  

Black Rifles, Black Masks..........  They're all EVIL...........

Sounds OK to ME
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I carried my BE 9mm holstered on one of our Blasts once, nobody complained.I suppose we better check with Chuck, the RO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I carried my BE 9mm holstered on one of our Blasts once, nobody complained.I suppose we better check with Chuck, the RO.

Agreed!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hey guys, be advised I shoot almost every weekend at Ft. Dix and last sunday when I was there they had hired new people.  I spoke with a woman and a 14ish year old girl who said They were new and Chuck wouldnt be there all the time now.  They also had some new old guy up in the tower who was a total Ass.  He was yelling at everybody for the littlest things, like taking too long to put up new targets.  

Just be warned!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey guys, be advised I shoot almost every weekend at Ft. Dix and last sunday when I was there they had hired new people.  I spoke with a woman and a 14ish year old girl who said They were new and Chuck wouldnt be there all the time now.  They also had some new old guy up in the tower who was a total Ass.  He was yelling at everybody for the littlest things, like taking too long to put up new targets.  

Just be warned!

Never, never yell at a man with a loaded gun!!!
Just a joke, don't anyone get panty wadded on me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be warned!

Hopefully, Chuck will be there on the day of our Shoot. The "Old Guy" needs to be pre-occupied with somethin' like the latest copy of Penthouse so as to leave us to our devices. Lion-Dog , be prepared to give up your latest issue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be warned!

Hopefully, Chuck will be there on the day of our Shoot. The "Old Guy" needs to be pre-occupied with somethin' like the latest copy of Penthouse so as to leave us to our devices. Lion-Dog , be prepared to give up your latest issue.

Yeah, maybe it will dry out with not too many pages sticking together.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be warned!

The mail carrier brought it to you soggy again, I hope that's what you are referring to
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be warned!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be warned!

The mail carrier brought it to you soggy again, I hope that's what you are referring to

That calls for a double

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#44]
is this the old man
who some of you know as my good buddy
counting how many shot I take and how many rounds i put into a mag
not to mention my rapid firing
or the noise I make?

Rob
ask chuck to work that day
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
is this the old man
who some of you know as my good buddy
counting how many shot I take and how many rounds i put into a mag
not to mention my rapid firing
or the noise I make?

Rob
ask chuck to work that day

Or we strike!!!!

Not to be confused with invade.

ETA:perspective.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I was there last week trying out my new spade grips for my 1919a4, and as soon as I started to set up the gun,the old guy comes running out of the office shouting..."is that a machine gun sonny?" I assured him it was semi only, as did the other guys working and shooting there, but he didnt seem very reassured.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I was there last week trying out my new spade grips for my 1919a4, and as soon as I started to set up the gun,the old guy comes running out of the office shouting..."is that a machine gun sonny?" I assured him it was semi only, as did the other guys working and shooting there, but he didnt seem very reassured.

This IS sounding scarier with each post! I believe we have to out the HELLDOG40 call!

[flash]
HELLDOG40
 HELLDOG40
   HELLDOG40
     HELLDOG40
       HELLDOG40
         HELLDOG40
           HELLDOG40
             HELLDOG40
               HELLDOG40
                 HELLDOG40
[/flash]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Two weeks to go, and I smell trouble with the RO.
I may do some RECON the weekend before.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I was there this Wednesday and the same old guy came up to me and my M1919 (we are a couple).  He asked me if it was a machine gun.  I said no that would be illegal.  This is the old guy in the red shirt with the rake that picks up the brass.  Well he could not wait for me to pack up my stuff before his started to pick up my brass.  With him picking up my brass he was able to deposit a fair amount of sand in to my ammo can and over the rest of my stuff.  He asked me if I do any competition shooting with my M1919 I said no I had just got it a few months ago.  Well he told me I should come out to the AR15.COM shoots. I told him that I have been to a few of them.  

Mike he told me he liked your M1919, he even said that he liked how it was thumb operated.

I wonder if I should show up there with my LAW tube I wonder what would happen then?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Ah yes..the guy with the rake getting sand all up in my shit. After the first raking, I quickly started to pick up my links when I saw him comming over. Thats really funny about him telling you about the ARCOM shoots. I mentioned the shoot to a few people. Im surprised he remembered. When I first started to set up my tripod, he asked if I was setting up a mortar. Im sure he will have lots of questions when the shoot rolls around. Oh joy!

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there this Wednesday and the same old guy came up to me and my M1919 (we are a couple).  He asked me if it was a machine gun.  I said no that would be illegal.  This is the old guy in the red shirt with the rake that picks up the brass.  Well he could not wait for me to pack up my stuff before his started to pick up my brass.  With him picking up my brass he was able to deposit a fair amount of sand in to my ammo can and over the rest of my stuff.  He asked me if I do any competition shooting with my M1919 I said no I had just got it a few months ago.  Well he told me I should come out to the AR15.COM shoots. I told him that I have been to a few of them.  

Mike he told me he liked your M1919, he even said that he liked how it was thumb operated.

I wonder if I should show up there with my LAW tube I wonder what would happen then?  

Page / 6
Top Top