Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 3:56:13 PM EDT
Can anyone give me any help/advice? I'm trying to find a suitable place to sight in my AR and shotgun. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I know there's one out in Brunswick, the Albany Detectives shoot thier M4's out there from time to time.  It's out past Tamarac HS somewhere, supposed to be pretty nice.  Also Watervliet R&G Club out near the water tower just past Crossgates. The only two I know of.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Gentlemen, please keep in mind that there are no public ranges in Albany, you will have to visit with a member.  I am a member of the Brunswick Sportsmen's Club to which you refer.  It is a great club!  Reminds me, I need to send in my dues!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a member of the Watervliet F&G off of Rte 155 in Colonie. Membership there is $50 and requires a sponsor, but that is no big deal.

There is also a range in Clifton Park, and one in Scotia (Guan Ho Ha). That one has a great indoor pistol/archery range. All of these are membership only or visit with a guest. Annual membership is less than $100 for each of them, plus an initiation fee and an evening of your time to get initiated. Others have mentioned Brunswick...it just depends where you are coming from.

Keep in mind that your AR-15 is not legal in Albany proper.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i am a member of watervliet also .. nice range .. BIG ...

i heard about the one in clifton park .. ... or was it malta .. my brother in law and his grandfather shoot there .. whats the name and how do i get there ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i am a member of watervliet also .. nice range .. BIG ...

i heard about the one in clifton park .. ... or was it malta .. my brother in law and his grandfather shoot there .. whats the name and how do i get there ?

It's in clifton park. I haven't actually been to it, but I think it is near the reservoir in the Vischer Ferry area, off of exit 8. It is on the JMapco maps of the area. I've heard complaints of people not having good regard for muzzle control there, but I've seen that at Watervliet as well. Clifton Park does have a plinking range, which I miss at Watervliet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top