3100 Elm, that's the east side of DE.

El Fenix again...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like there's a serious effort to burn down Deep Ellum
View Quote

Malcolm X would be proud they're burning down his namesake (there's a Malcom X street right there)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Oceans adventures dude is lost or what?  

Last night he couldn’t find his car.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Last night he couldn't find his car.
View Quote
He's funny, but he agitates people to damage property and is dumber than a box of rocks.

He's walking down the dart track with his back to where the train comes
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cops complaining about vehicle flows still coming into downtown on 75 and 35.  Last I saw DART was still running too.
View Quote
I was surprised I got down 75 so easily. Southbound was flowing smoothly at least to Mockingbird.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last night he couldn’t find his car.
View Quote

LOL, that tool is trying damn hard to avoid this shit right now without looking like a pussy.

Pretty sure I heard they said a dead body was seen on a bridge, just now
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Regions Bank on Ackard being looted

Sounds like Woodall is gonna be shut down
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
DPD was looking for a guy with a 10 on his shirt about 4 hours ago
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Things getting a bit frantic again in N Ellum

Apparently the El Fenix is a looting target, for some reason
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, it sounded okay for a while there with the two big groups, cops were getting organized, then they got in the small roads and alleys in DE.  And the west group also split up too.

Uptown sounds worse for violence against the cops.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Making arrests, now (again, still; I think earlier they said there were like 45 in one spot)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:08:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw a report saying 74 arrests, so I think I win my bet.  There was that complaint on Ch 12 about how arrestees weren't being documented so the jail couldn't take them easily.

I head a call for 2133 Cedar Springs, that is Crescent and Rosewood.  That's getting towards pretty exalted territory.

More captured around El Fenix.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw a report saying 74 arrests, so I think I win my bet.  There was that complaint on Ch 12 about how arrestees weren't being documented so the jail couldn't take them easily.

I head a call for 2133 Cedar Springs, that is Crescent and Rosewood.  That's getting towards pretty exalted territory.

More captured around El Fenix.
View Quote

I have to say, I don't think a crappy Tex-Mex restaurant is a hill I'd want to die on
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#14]
More video from the beating.  Gladius works for a crowd, but only is accompanied by your scutum and several friends.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
That N1510L tail number on flightradar gives a really good picture of where they've been having trouble
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
More video from the beating.  Gladius works for a crowd, but only is accompanied by your scutum and several friends.
View Quote

Wasn't he a store owner?  "Racist white dude"

Cold Steel Gladius (or similar), yeah that's fucking retarded.  I was guessing it was some dude with a machete, but it was indeed a sword.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Another feed:
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#18]
"Armed militias on the scene".  Good statement anyways.  Somebody prepared and well-spoken to talk to media.  Will be interesting to see the responses, Shaffer broke the beating video and got a ton of traffic, but Blaze is Glen Beck's thing.  So basically exposing this conservative viewpoint in the video to a bunch of people who wouldn't see it.

Also head a call for cop injured about 5 minutes ago, but it sounded like a car crash.  Lots of reports of rocks at cops now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Armed militias on the scene".  Good statement anyways.  Somebody prepared and well-spoken to talk to media.  Will be interesting to see the responses, Shaffer broke the beating video and got a ton of traffic, but Blaze is Glen Beck's thing.  So basically exposing this conservative viewpoint in the video to a bunch of people who wouldn't see it.

Also head a call for cop injured about 5 minutes ago, but it sounded like a car crash.  Lots of reports of rocks at cops now.
View Quote

Not a crash, lots of rocks being thrown

Fires are still being lit, though it's degraded to shrubbery rather than structures
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Action on Outdoor Adventures just now
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Molotovs being reported at arson sites in Ellum
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Why won’t they bring that stuff over here to McKinney???.... I wanna boogie too!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Lots of video on Centraltrack at IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1vI-uhh9P/

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:52:05 AM EDT
[#25]
"Won't let them go back into Uptown"
a.k.a. folks calling the mayor to say keep that shit in downtown
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#26]
No more paddy wagons

Radio signal is suddenly quite staticy
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#27]
We got a bunch of Dart buses that aren’t running downtown, fill them up and tell the jail to stop being pussies and cowboy up or quit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lots of video on Centraltrack at IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1vI-uhh9P/

View Quote
Hehe, Pete. Lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:23:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We got a bunch of Dart buses that aren’t running downtown, fill them up and tell the jail to stop being pussies and cowboy up or quit.
View Quote

Or designate a concentration center to hold these idiots while they're processed over night.  It *is* a rather unusual event that the typical infrastructure was never designed to handle, after all.  There's gotta be some spare locking storage units.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Armed citizens at 1999 McKinney confronting protestors
View Quote

I know that address  
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#31]
DPS CID running around.  Got called in by DPD wondering who the armed guys in nondestript truck and van were.

I will have to call it a night soon.

Predictions for tomorrow?
Wife is very pessimistic.  I'd say everyone is tired and hungover, all the pastors get up and call for calm, and the other leadership having elephant tears about what it all means.  So Sunday might be quieter, but then a bump later on if it's still being pushed nationally, and DPD gets complacent from Sunday?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#32]
If you can hold everyone you picked up today for 24 hours, you got a shot at it. If they get released in a couple of hours, then it’s security theater.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:33:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Or designate a concentration center to hold these idiots while they're processed over night.  It *is* a rather unusual event that the typical infrastructure was never designed to handle, after all.  There's gotta be some spare locking storage units.
View Quote

Emergency situation involving civil unrest. Do whatever you have to do.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you can hold everyone you picked up today for 24 hours, you got a shot at it. If they get released in a couple of hours, then it’s security theater.
View Quote

Hell no, free those poor misguided souls who were captured while on the way to church.  There's folks asking for donations for bail and pro bono attorneys lining up.  Like the BS stuff at the airports for the original travel ban.  Lots of not-very-busy attorneys out there who love to virtue signal.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:39:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Curfew tomorrow at least inside Loop 12, if not citywide (to be fair)?  But if the DA isn't prosecuting thefts up to $750, the curfew violations won't exactly be too scary.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Imagine the crowd control effectiveness of a squad of arfcommers with their new group buy of can cannons.

"The streets ran black from a pallet of diet dr thunder, maaaaan"

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:56:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hell no, free those poor misguided souls who were captured while on the way to church.  There's folks asking for donations for bail and pro bono attorneys lining up.  Like the BS stuff at the airports for the original travel ban.  Lots of not-very-busy attorneys out there who love to virtue signal.
View Quote

You’re grossly overestimating government efficiency.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Martel and Greenville Ave

Someone tried to set the DPD suburban parked at the 7-11 on fire

Then a fight broke out a block away, outside of OT Tavern

Seven shots were fired, I think into the air

No one was shot

So much for my peaceful night off Greenville
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Trying to process what just happened.

Was sitting at outside the bar, and someone threw a molotov at the back of a police suburban, which sits unmanned at all times at the 7-11 on Penrose and Greenville.

I started walking toward the 7-11, taking video of the suburban. The fire went out, so I stopped taking video.

At that point, a fight broke out among a group of people outside of OT Tavern, a block south on Greenville and Martel. I don't know if this had anything to do with the attempt at setting the cop car on fire, or if it was just a coincidence.

A few moments into the fight, seven shots rang out. I didn't see any muzzle flashes, so I don't know exactly where the shots came from, but they were definitely close.

I assume the shooting was done to break up the fight. At any rate, it broke up a few moments later.

At that point, most people at the bar across the street where I was at began to disperse. People were shocked, and scared.

A guy from a nearby pizza place called the police. That was a while ago, and they haven't shown up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate such broad language, but "we can't arrest these thieves, cuz there's too many thieves for the jail" is bullshit.  The shit I heard about jails "pushing back" demands some harsh words from the brass. Keep 'em in hallways and the Chief's office for the night if you have to, but their job is to get these animals off the streets and put some place they can't run away from a court proceeding.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Was sitting at outside the bar, and someone threw a molotov at the back of a police suburban, which sits unmanned at all times at the 7-11 on Penrose and Greenville.

I started walking toward the 7-11, taking video of the suburban. The fire went out, so I stopped taking video.

At that point, a fight broke out among a group of people outside of OT Tavern, a block south on Greenville and Martel. I don't know if this had anything to do with the attempt at setting the cop car on fire, or if it was just a coincidence.

A few moments into the fight, seven shots rang out. I didn't see any muzzle flashes, so I don't know exactly where the shots came from, but they were definitely close.

I assume the shooting was done to break up the fight. At any rate, it broke up a few moments later.

At that point, most people at the bar across the street where I was at began to disperse. People were shocked, and scared.

A guy from a nearby pizza place called the police. That was a while ago, and they haven't shown up.
View Quote

DPD doesn't come on a good night
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I hate such broad language, but "we can't arrest these thieves, cuz there's too many thieves for the jail" is bullshit.  The shit I heard about jails "pushing back" demands some harsh words from the brass. Keep 'em in hallways and the Chief's office for the night if you have to, but their job is to get these animals off the streets and put some place they can't run away from a court proceeding.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The South tower can take 1000 and North Tower can take 500 before full. It isn't a housing issue. Intake might be swamped for a day or two but they have the room.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do. I worked in that very neighborhood from 2013-2018.

Last night was a bad night.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have to say, I don't think a crappy Tex-Mex restaurant is a hill I'd want to die on
View Quote

Way off topic, but for the sake of History, El Fenix was one of the first TexMex restaurants.  "nachos" didn't even appear on menus till many years later for a time reference.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/more-mexican-food-its-about-time/
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Sunday 5/31 protest is starting 3pm at Freedman's Cemetery on Lemmon at US 75. This is likely planned to disperse into Cityplace, Uptown, M-Streets and Park Cities. Stay away from the Katy Trail as Antifa elements used it last night to loot. I bet today's protest will lead to a shutdown of Central Expressway as the protest site is 200 yards from the freeway. Avoid these areas today as there will be widespread damage radiating out from this area. Antifa elements are supposed to be there.

Monday's protest is scheduled for 6:30pm at DPD HQ on Lamar. Once again, stay out of the Cedars, Downtown and Deep Ellum on Monday evening.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#46]
just heard on the arfbofeng radio a call in was made that a "stack of bricks" was delivered in area of lovers and inwood and it needed to be picked up.  coincidence or not, this riot stuff is being staged.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Protest at Omni Dallas hotel (convention center) at 3PM.
Vigil at Freedman's Cemetary at 3PM as noted.
More protests at Klyde Warren Park and DPD HQ at 5PM too.
(from Downtown Dallas Inc update email)

I would like to see how these are being advertised.  My lack of Fbook really limits my info gathering sometimes.

Summing up from last night, here's some links:
One guy's pictures in the action - includes pictures of the barricade I screenshotted as it was happening.

Sword guys posts that he's an idiot
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Video of Shell/Dickeys looting:

DMN coverage:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/05/31/dallas-leaders-to-consider-curfew-after-nearly-90-arrested-in-protests/
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
just heard on the arfbofeng radio a call in was made that a "stack of bricks" was delivered in area of lovers and inwood and it needed to be picked up.  coincidence or not, this riot stuff is being staged.

View Quote

This has been talked about quite a bit on Twitter, in numerous locations, and I posted some videos earlier.  I could see it happening, but there's also a ton of construction going on, so it could be innocent.  One of the stacks I saw posted was all stacked up nicely, but not in a pallet.  I would not think that would have been stacked up if ut was just being dropped off as a provocation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This has been talked about quite a bit on Twitter, in numerous locations, and I posted some videos earlier.  I could see it happening, but there's also a ton of construction going on, so it could be innocent.  One of the stacks I saw posted was all stacked up nicely, but not in a pallet.  I would not think that would have been stacked up if ut was just being dropped off as a provocation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just happen to have a bunch of sidewalk pavers delivered; the delivery company likely won't even have a clue what's going on, and they will stack the bricks like they would any other delivery.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top