Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 68
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
There's always the Railhead BBQ on the end of Montgomery just south of I-30.  And they allow open carry, unlike Heim.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:

26-27 October
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (wow, twice in a month)
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
View Quote
I'm up for Soulman's next week.  Haunting the State Fair today.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:. I'm up for Soulman's next week.  Haunting the State Fair today.
View Quote
Saturday noon?  W/ any luck I'll be in Florida next week.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be set up in my normal corner in Tyler this weekend trading off some of my various gun junk I don't use anymore.  If any of you make it by here stop by and say HI!  Look for the huge baldor buffer I use for knife sharpening.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Saturday noon?  W/ any luck I'll be in Florida next week.
View Quote
Works for me.  Anyone game for BBQ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#6]
26-27 October
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (wow, twice in a month) - Saturday, noon, Soulman's BBQ
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
26-27 October
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (wow, twice in a month) - Saturday, noon, Soulman's BBQ
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
View Quote
I'll only hit Soulman's if I hear others are coming.  Hate eating alone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
1125 Gross Rd?
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 0100010:
1125 Gross Rd?
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 0100010:
1125 Gross Rd?
View Quote
34, are you up for BBQ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Got stuff with the kids until ~11, but can probably make it there by noon.  Planned to meet some others at Big Town around 1 anyway, so it works.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#12]
Noon is good.  Ping me if you can't make it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Post up how it is.  Just had some lean Florida BBQ, lean brisket but dry.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 12:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#14]
34 says his kids event is running late.  So no BBQ for me since I didn't hear from anyone else.

ETA - Just arrived.   Smaller show.  Missing at least 3 rows of tables at south end.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
2-3 November
Grandbury - Whipp Farm
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

D/FW folks post up for lunch.  Soulman's BBQ, Texas Roadhouse in easy driving distance.

9-10 November
Canton - G&S
Lewisville - Premier

16-17 November
Belton - Real Texas
Brownwood - Silver Spur
Fort Worth - Lone Star (smaller than the Premier show, but still a decent large show @ Will Rogers)
Longview - Classic Arms

23-24 November
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (This should be a big show.  Parking will be tricky, particularly if muddy.  Maybe carpool from lunch?)

30 November - 1 December
Dallas - DACA (Not the Market Hall show you remember, but still a decent medium show in a large venue.  Hopefully they can recover.  I am no longer a member.)
Nacogdoches - G&S
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone going to lunch?  Grandbury has some good restaurants, Mesquite Rodeo is in easy driving distance of Soulman's BBQ & Texas Roadhouse, among others.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s Granbury..  the gunshow is usually a wash!
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#18]
9-10 November
Canton - G&S
Lewisville - Premier
Tulsa - Wanenmacher (15.4 seconds to look @ each table)

16-17 November
Belton - Real Texas
Brownwood - Silver Spur
Fort Worth - Lone Star (smaller than the Premier show, but still a decent large show @ Will Rogers)
Longview - Classic Arms

23-24 November
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (This should be a big show.  Parking will be tricky, particularly if muddy.  Maybe carpool from lunch?)

30 November - 1 December
Dallas - DACA (Not the Market Hall show you remember, but still a decent medium show in a large venue.  Hopefully they can recover.  I am no longer a member.)
Nacogdoches - G&S
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody going to the Lewisville show today?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By zach_:
Anybody going to the Lewisville show today?
View Quote
I think I’ll head there today. I’m a transplant to this area, loving it!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got back from Lewsiville, and if you missed it, you missed the last one they'll be having (according to one of the vendors I spoke to). If true, that's a shame, it was a good little show.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By geegee:
Just got back from Lewsiville, and if you missed it, you missed the last one they'll be having (according to one of the vendors I spoke to). If true, that's a shame, it was a good little show.
View Quote
Yep, thats it for Lewisville, and the January show at Mesquite Rodeo will be the last one at that venue...but there will still be all the Bigtown shows, that should cover that area nicely...
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 98kGuy:

Yep, thats it for Lewisville, and the January show at Mesquite Rodeo will be the last one at that venue...but there will still be all the Bigtown shows, that should cover that area nicely...
View Quote
Promoter or venue issues?
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#24]
TSRA may continue to hold shows @ Mesquite Rodeo.  And DACA is small enough to move there.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Gopher:  Promoter or venue issues?
View Quote
I would guess Premier's lease on the Lewisville location is likely up and they're not making money on such a small show; similarly, they make far more money on Big Town than they do on the Rodeo show.  The two shows so regularly close to each other likely detract from attendance @ the other show, so they're killing the less profitable one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:26:27 AM EDT
[#26]
16-17 November
Belton - Real Texas
Brownwood - Silver Spur
Longview - Classic Arms

23-24 November

30 November - 1 December
Nacogdoches - G&S
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone going to make it to Longview this weekend?  I get off at 6am Saturday, will probably get there about noon or so.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#28]
23-24 November

30 November - 1 December
Nacogdoches - G&S

Whoops!  Forgot to update this this week.  My apologies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:29:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 75149] [#29]
The Mesquite Rodeo location will likely lose the overflow parking in the grass/mud.  The guy who owns the rodeo is developing all the land from Rodeo Center (the road you turn right from) west to Peachtree road (the McDonald's).

Hundreds of various residences (townhomes, single family, etc).  They'll get a shock when they paid $250,000-330,000 and still get their cars broken into by the Grove-ites, balch springs hoodlums and good ole Mesquite ghetto trash

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#30]
To be clear, today's show is @ Big Town, and there's always plenty of parking behind the hotel in a nice paved parking lot @ Rodeo.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#31]
30 November - 1 December

Dallas - DACA (Not the Market Hall show you remember, but still a decent medium show in a large venue - on Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully they can recover. I am no longer a member.)
Nacogdoches - G&S
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#32]
I should have checked in before I hit BigTown yesterday.   I ended up finding most of a Magpul M93 for $60. Also got a Magpul RVG for $3.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone was just looking for parts for an R93.  Guns762 had some clips for it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:11:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#34]
Someone was just looking for parts for an R93.  Guns762 had some clips for it.
View Quote
That was me

Temporarily I modded a regular carbine end plate so the M93 would screw in tight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#35]
29 November - 1 December

Dallas - DACA (Not the Market Hall show you remember, but still a decent medium show in a large venue - on Thanksgiving weekend.  Hopefully they can recover.  I am no longer a member.)
Nacogdoches - G&S
Paris - AllTex (Open Friday)
Texarkana - T&K (Open Friday)

TWO Friday gun shows!  How cool is that?

7-8 December

Abilene - Silver Spur
Allen - Premier (This is just around the corner from Cabela's)

14-15 December

Azle - Whipp Farm
Jefferson - T&K
Mesquite Big Town - Premier
Tyler - Lone Star (This is a decent medium show.  One of our own usually has a table)

21-22 December

Belton - Real Texas
Cleburne - Whipp Farm - this is a fun small show
Fort Worth - Lone Star (This is the last big D/FW show before Christmas.  Not as big as the Premier show, but not small)
Paris - AllTex (2nd show of the month there)

28-29 December

Fort Worth - Premier (Styled the biggest show in Texas, this should be packed.  You'll have to pay for parking)

Two notes:  If you will have a table @ a particular show, post up & I'll add it to the OP.
Anyone ever go to a T&K show before?  Most of the other promoters I'm familiar w/.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#36]
7-8 December

Abilene - Silver Spur
Allen - Premier (This is just around the corner from Cabela's)

14-15 December

Azle - Whipp Farm
Jefferson - T&K
Tyler - Lone Star (This is a decent medium show.  One of our own usually has a table)

21-22 December

Belton - Real Texas
Fort Worth - Lone Star (This is the last big D/FW show before Christmas.  Not as big as the Premier show, but not small)

28-29 December

Fort Worth - Premier (Styled the biggest show in Texas, this should be packed.  You'll have to pay for parking)

Two notes:  If you will have a table @ a particular show, post up & I'll add it to the OP.
Anyone ever go to a T&K show before?  Most of the other promoters I'm familiar w/.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I think we have someone who usually sets up in Abilene?

How was the Dallas Market Hall show?  Anything of interest?
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:30:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I think we have someone who usually sets up in Abilene?

How was the Dallas Market Hall show?  Anything of interest?
View Quote
Lots of good shit, horrible show, no attendance, door was shit even on Saturday, lots of tire kickers...

Picked up 4 rounds of 25mm TP-T linked...that was cool...saw a Magazine Lee Enfield (Long Tom) for $1200...good price for a tough gun...wish I had an extra $1200...

January is DACA's last show at Market Hall...after January they are changing venues to South Fork Ranch (good for me, literally 3 minutes away). The January show is in conjunction with several Militaria show guys, will be lots of militaria dealers there, and vehicles, etc...of course if they don't advertise, other than this thread no one will know...

Premier will be taking over shows at Market Hall, their first show there will be in May...Michelle at least will advertise the hell out of it...she'll get people through the door again, whether they buy or not is a different story.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Sorry for the crappy show, but that is good news.  DACA has been losing money hand over fist at Market Hall.  Will look forward to finally visiting Southfork.

You know Premier will make a decent show out of it.  Think they're ditching Lewisville and Mesquite Rodeo, so they'll have 3 big shows across the Metroplex.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#40]
What kind of venue do they have at South Fork?
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
What kind of venue do they have at South Fork?
View Quote
They have a decent sized event center...show will only be 450 tables when it moves...
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 98kGuy:

They have a decent sized event center...show will only be 450 tables when it moves...
View Quote
That will be a Huge waste of time
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Lot's of Glocks and knives at Allen today. Usual collection of scopes, holsters, and a fair selection of uppers and stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 98kGuy] [#44]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
Lot's of Glocks and knives at Allen today. Usual collection of scopes, holsters, and a fair selection of uppers and stripped lowers.
View Quote
And one really nice dot 43 98k....

And a WWII M69 60mm Practice Mortar round with propelling charge...
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#45]
14-15 December

Azle - Whipp Farm
Jefferson - T&K
Tyler - Lone Star (This is a decent medium show. jeffb1911 has a table)

21-22 December

Belton - Real Texas
Fort Worth - Lone Star (This is the last big D/FW show before Christmas. Not as big as the Premier show, but not small)

28-29 December

Fort Worth - Premier (Styled the biggest show in Texas, this should be packed. You'll have to pay for parking)

Two notes: If you will have a table @ a particular show, post up & I'll add it to the OP.
Anyone ever go to a T&K show before? Most of the other promoters I'm familiar w/.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll be set up in my normal corner in Tyler next weekend trading my excess parts and stuff and sharpening a few knives.  Anyone have a Tokarev barrel they want to get rid of?  Both 30Tok and 9mm.  Also need some grips.  Haven't seen any at any gunshows lately.

If you make it to the Tyler show come by and say hi.  I'm opposite end from the stage in the main room. Look for the huge Baldor buffer I use for sharpening.

jeffb1911
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#47]
This may be a dumb question...

Can any Joe blow rent a table and sell guns as private sales?  Thinking about offloading some inventory.

I've sold guns at gun shows before, but normally only one and wasn't sure the ATF would get shitty with me
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jeffb1911:
I'll be set up in my normal corner in Tyler next weekend trading my excess parts and stuff and sharpening a few knives.  Anyone have a Tokarev barrel they want to get rid of?  Both 30Tok and 9mm.  Also need some grips.  Haven't seen any at any gunshows lately.

If you make it to the Tyler show come by and say hi.  I'm opposite end from the stage in the main room. Look for the huge Baldor buffer I use for sharpening.

jeffb1911
View Quote
@jeffb1911
Where are you mainly located at?

My shop is in Tyler.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:  This may be a dumb question...

Can any Joe blow rent a table and sell guns as private sales?  Thinking about offloading some inventory.

I've sold guns at gun shows before, but normally only one and wasn't sure the ATF would get shitty with me
View Quote
In free states, yes.  If you're @ every show, buying & selling, you need to make damn sure you're not engaging in the business of dealing firearms.  If you're a C&R collector, improving or expanding your collection, or divesting yourself of it, not really an issue.  It's when you're ordering guns through your FFL and then flipping them @ the gun show that BATFE takes an interest.

If you're buying a lot of handguns to try them out, b/c you're a single guy w/ no wemin to spend your income on, then selling them used @ the show, don't be making a profit on em.

The closer we get to the election the higher the prices are likely to climb, so later next year might be ideal.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Pumbaajk:

I am opposite the stage in the corner closest to the hallway.  I do knife sharpening, you will see a huge Baldor Buffer with the paper wheels for sharpening.  Usually I have a work apron on.  I'm a peace officer full time, deal mainly with psyc cases.  Where is your shop?

Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

@jeffb1911
Where are you mainly located at?

My shop is in Tyler.
View Quote
Page / 68
Top Top