Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 10:18:05 PM EDT
Howdy guys,
     Now that the weather has finally cooled off a bit, a buddy of mine wants to go shoot M14/M16 automatic rifles & a 9MM SMG. Much prefer an outdoor range. The only NFA/MG friendly outdoor range I have used in the Houston area was the Impact Zone over in Brenham. Are there any others a bit closer to the Kingwood/Conroe area?
TIA!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My backyard . Not sure if that thunder gun range is nfa friendly
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if that thunder gun range is nfa friendly
View Quote
Not for full auto.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not for full auto.
View Quote
Well that sucks. Seems like full auto is like tring to find a place thats 50bmg friendly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well that sucks. Seems like full auto is like tring to find a place thats 50bmg friendly.
View Quote
That's one of the reasons I got rid of my M16 a couple years ago.  I really didn't have many places I could shoot it (at least in 5.56mm).

Also to clarify, Thunder will allow full auto, but only if you're a cop with one of the agencies who's contracted with Thunder, and you're shooting in the non-public LE bays way in the back.  I've heard short full-auto bursts from back there occasionally.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's one of the reasons I got rid of my M16 a couple years ago.  I really didn't have many places I could shoot it (at least in 5.56mm).

Also to clarify, Thunder will allow full auto, but only if you're a cop with one of the agencies who's contracted with Thunder, and you're shooting in the non-public LE bays way in the back.  I've heard short full-auto bursts from back there occasionally.
View Quote
Thats dumb. Public ranges are one reason why im not selling my place out here. I only have a 100 yards but we've had everything you can think of out here with no issues.

People use to do shoots, the one near dayton was always great, but insurance and people not wanting to deal with some dude shooting himself has dried that all up. I miss those old days and meeting the guys that went.

Hell Houston Armory only did what 2 shoots up in Centerville before some guy started the shit.

Hope ya find a place close OP. Id say go down to the river in the back of kingwood but im sure you'd have swat on ya in no time now a days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The range in Magnolia (Magnolia Misfits) might allow it. (Private, but takes new members).

Alternately, once deer season is over, PM me. I’m on a lease in Splendora (off Plum Grove Road) and we can go out there and mag dump (there are some huge berms to use as backstops).
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The range in Magnolia (Magnolia Misfits) might allow it. (Private, but takes new members).

Alternately, once deer season is over, PM me. I’m on a lease in Splendora (off Plum Grove Road) and we can go out there and mag dump (there are some huge berms to use as backstops).
View Quote
Hey, we were on that lease for awhile. Small world.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do appreciate the offer. We have our own range 400 miles northeast over in MS but nowhere to shoot auto around Kingwood/Conroe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one where they’re turning the front half into a subdivision?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
LoL you mean the mexican cartel people? Yep
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. (That you were on the lease, not that Carlos is out there looking to cut me).
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess. Terrenos Houston?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Saddle River Range on FM 1488 (just south of Conroe) allows full auto after a quick brief with the RSO.

ETA, Saddle River is an indoor range...
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saddle River Range on FM 1488 (just south of Conroe) allows full auto after a quick brief with the RSO.

ETA, Saddle River is an indoor range...
View Quote
Thanks! Never hear of them before. Will give them a call.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks! Never hear of them before. Will give them a call.
View Quote
Never heard of them either. As i've said i dont go to alot of public ranges anymore but let us know how that one is if ya go. Always good to know a nfa friendly place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top