Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 10:56:37 PM EDT
Do any of you guys go to this?   I've often thought of joining but don't want to travel much outside the Houston area to shoot it.

I checked their match info but since it's toward the end of the year I didn't have much luck.   How often do they come 'round these parts?

Update

Well,  I pulled the trigger on a new G19 RTF2 and have convinced the wife who enjoys shooting that she needs a Glock so we can go together.   We're going to handle some Glocks on Saturday so she can see what feels good in hand.

And we are joining GSSF so we can start competing next year.

Thanks guys for chiming in with your experiences and I'm looking forward to both indoor and outdoor matches.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot GSSF, an enjoyable, easy match with a good chance to win prizes.  The Texas matches are Dallas in the spring and San Antonio this weekend.  That could change if other ranges offered to host.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done it once, placed high enough in my division to win back my entry fees
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot GSSF, an enjoyable, easy match with a good chance to win prizes.  The Texas matches are Dallas in the spring and San Antonio this weekend.  That could change if other ranges offered to host.
View Quote
That's exactly what I was looking for!  Thanks for sharing.   Looks like if I want to do that then I need to plan a family trip to Dallas and San Antonio.   Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've done it once, placed high enough in my division to win back my entry fees
View Quote
That's pretty awesome!

Thanks for chiming in!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really? That sucks. As big as houston is I would have thought we would have some down there(currently in Big D to celebrate auntie's 89th).
Or are you saying the season is over for now, with only Dallas and San Antonio winding up their matches?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they are sort of tied to their distributors locations. IE: G.T. Dist.

You could call them up and ask for a schedule of the matches,maybe.

Always wanted to shoot one myself,now moved away from DFW,so?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
GSSF hosts a really great match, and if you can arrange to shoot one, don't miss it. I've RO'd a couple of them and have always observed that they are professionally conducted, and everyone connected with it makes sure there are no range Nazi's like you might see at some local ranges. The Dallas GSSF is in a good location and it's a perfect range for a pistol shoot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really? That sucks. As big as houston is I would have thought we would have some down there(currently in Big D to celebrate auntie's 89th).
Or are you saying the season is over for now, with only Dallas and San Antonio winding up their matches?

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
If I am correct it is up to individual ranges to apply to GSSF to host a match.  The range also has to be able to handle the expected shooters.  For example, at Dallas they generally have 4 5toGlock stages, 2 GlockM and 2 plate racks.  I also believe the range has to supply the target and plate racks.  Also have to have sufficient ROs available.  Only maybe 5 personnel from Glock are there to run the match.  The range is pretty much committed to a full two days for the match.

The schedule for this year is on gssfonline.com.  Next years schedule generally comes out around January IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot them.

The Dallas and SA matches have been consistent for decade or more. Other locations in Texas come and go. It is quite an effort by the host club to have one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, forgot, they also run "indoor" matches, much less required on the part of the range.  I have shot a couple indoor matches outdoors.  However, the match is held for three consecutive months, one or two days each, not sure which.  However, the shooter must compete in 2 of the 3 to qualify for prizes, etc.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh, forgot, they also run "indoor" matches, much less required on the part of the range.  I have shot a couple indoor matches outdoors.  However, the match is held for three consecutive months, one or two days each, not sure which.  However, the shooter must compete in 2 of the 3 to qualify for prizes, etc.
View Quote
That’s a neat trick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Update in OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top