Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 4:37:29 PM EDT
I used to have to drive from Allen to the nearest HF in Richardson.  It would take anywhere from 20 minutes or more depending on traffic.  Richardson is so seedy.  The parking lot should have been paved a decade ago.  It is a small store.  The neighborhood is sketchy.

But Richardson was exotic.  She was the girl you wouldn't take home to mom.  But she was satisfying.

Then the news!  A new HF in McKinney, only 10 minutes away.  OMG!  This will be wonderful.

It's not the same.  She's too bright, too clean, and too respectful.  Her parking area is perfect.  She's well lit.  She, well, she's a nice girl.  But way too easy.  There's no challenge.

Be careful what you ask for.  You might get it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Parking in the McKinney store is awful. Couple times I could not park. One time three idiots with trailers parallel parked in front, blocking at least 20 spaces.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been there pulling a trailer.  Plenty of places to park on the south and east side with a trailer.  Those guys were just being assholes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Harbor Freight -
The place to go when you don't have any other choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the smell of cheap Chinese shit in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I go to Harbor Freight about every 2-3 weeks. Last purchase was their septic pump with a 1” hose. I bought their 8,750 generator with electric start about 2 years ago and it works great. 12 ton press and 3/8” drill press work as advertised as does their 3/4” drive metric socket set.  A lot cheaper than my Snap on 1/2” metric impact set that was $200 dollars when I bought it 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Harbor Freight -
The place to go when you don't have any other choice.
View Quote
LOL No
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
or for 6.99 you can skip all the drama and just have them deliver it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Say what you want to, that 25-inch breakover bar for $19 was a lifesaver removing my mower blades for the first time last week.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
There's one in McKinney?

Shit, there goes my weekend. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I go to Harbor Freight about every 2-3 weeks. Last purchase was their septic pump with a 1” hose. I bought their 8,750 generator with electric start about 2 years ago and it works great. 12 ton press and 3/8” drill press work as advertised as does their 3/4” drive metric socket set.  A lot cheaper than my Snap on 1/2” metric impact set that was $200 dollars when I bought it 30 years ago.
View Quote
I saw one of my old tool dealers from my wrench days. H. F. is taking a good bit of biness from the pay to play trucks. We all bitched about their prices back then. Fact was, their no pay ratio was the reason for fucked up high prices.
Good tools.........
Gotta go. zzzzzzzzzzzzz-zzzzzz-zz-
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's one in McKinney?

View Quote
Wait... you live near McKinney.  I thought you lived in Ohio getting guns stolen around a campfire.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wait... you live near McKinney.  I thought you lived in Ohio getting guns stolen around a campfire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's one in McKinney?

I moved here August last year. And you’ve got a long memory. That was years ago. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top