Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 6:51:40 AM EDT
Who wants to shoot the GSSF match at TacPro this weekend, April 1, 2006?  FALARAK, I know you could do well at this match and clean up!

GSSF matches are for Glocks only, but are geared toward shooters of all skill levels.  And they always give away a lot of prizes, including Glock pistols and cash, and shooters in the middle and the bottom of the pack *always* win something too.  The courses of fire are not too difficult for beginners and include steel plate racks.  There are no tactical reloads and no drawing from the holster.

The 5 To Glock stage uses cardboard D1 targets spaced at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards.  You stand there and put 2 shots on each target.  Shoot it 3 times for score.

The Glock "M" stage consists of D1 paper targets at 7 yards, steel pepper poppers at 11 yards, and D1 paper targets at 15 yards.  You stand there and put 2 shots on each D1 paper target, and one shot on each steel or until it falls.  Shoot it 3 times for score.

The Glock The Plates stage consists of 6 steel plates at 11 yards.  You stand there and see how quickly you can shoot all 6 plates.  Shoot it 4 times for score.

The total times are added together and your score is determined.  The emphasis is accuracy over speed.

There are typically some Glock armorers at every GSSF match who will inspect your Glock pistols and replace any parts, usually free of charge.  Also a good place for picking up Glock parts and accessories.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I am going. I will be shooting 17, 17C and 26. I have gone to these matches before, and had a good time. 1 in 4 wins something under the new scoring rules. I will probably go Sat but will check for inclement weather and go whichever days is best.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I made the trek out. Attendance seemed light, but the number were OK. I guess folks were spread out during the day so it did not appear crowded. Weather held up, no rain. Despite having to wait 2.5 hrs to shoot Glock M 5 to Glock, I had a good time, probably because I was stoked at sub 75 second score I turned it, which has been good enough to win 50% of the time on the last few Texas matches. We will see, Texas is a tough crowd, lots of fast shooters. Didn't know anyone, but saw a few familiar faces from past matches. Match is still going on tomorrow, if anyone wants to venture out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top