Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:31:59 PM EDT
I went to see the fingerprint division at the HOD HQ on travis.  Confirmed that you can carry concealed- but they give you a nice bright red visitors tag that says CHL in big black letters.

Plus you have to deal with the dumb liberal bitch cop sitting at the front desk who feels that the mere subjects should not have guns.

Nice to know that she is protecting us.  Much nicer to know that she has to let us carry in the building that I help pay for.

Went to the Hobby Center for a play:  has the 30.06 signs on most all of the doors.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm...would have thought HPD would have fallen under the government office exclusion.  I accidently have left my CCW in my briefcase and entered a few buildings where it would have not been appreciated.  Nothing like opening your case and seeing a pistol laying right on top for everyone to see.  Oops, I need to step out for a moment...BRB... LOL
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hmmm...would have thought HPD would have fallen under the government office exclusion.  I accidently have left my CCW in my briefcase and entered a few buildings where it would have not been appreciated.  Nothing like opening your case and seeing a pistol laying right on top for everyone to see.  Oops, I need to step out for a moment...BRB... LOL

IIRC, There is no "government office exclusion" in the list of prohibited places listed.  Generally, the CHL rules/regs were ammended to prohibit local governments from restricting carry by CHL holders in those offices that are not court rooms or where government meetings are held.  
I'm sure that if I am wrong, it will be quickly pointed out.

Where I live, the front desk of the PD restricts carry because it is a physical part of the building that houses the municipal court room.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly- they just wnat to give you enough shit to discourage your carry in the government offices
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
cops getting more uptight about citizens owning guns?  that's a new one.

seems to be the downard trend, more and more are anti-gun, except for themselves of course.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

seems to be the downard trend, more and more are anti-gun, except for themselves of course.

And the ones that have a Glock fo-tee!

CMOS

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the ones that have a Glock fo-tee!

CMOS

another reason to trust in your self and your self only for protection.  I want to pull my hair out when I chat with some lib friends I have and they ask why I don't understand the concept that the police have guns and they protect the society.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, and I'm glad you are here to speak for all us cops that are uptight about citizens owning guns.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and I'm glad you are here to speak for all us cops that are uptight about citizens owning guns.  

My mistake.

forgive me.

I know there are a lot that aren't and some that are.  It's just interesting the recent stories on here about cops raiding a home and calling a WASR (or whatever it was) an illegal automatic weapon on the Dallas SWAT show I believe.  

I'm not knocking cops, or the LEO establishment.  My brother-in-law is an officer in the NE Oklahoma Division (not sure of their exact designation).  He is a big gun enthusiast and was glad when he found out the guy marrying his sister has this as his hobby.  But others in his dept. wouldn't know a WASR from a real Soviet AK74SU.  And they don't care to know.  That's the point.  We're slowly but surely loosing our right to be armed in this society, and it doesn't strike me as good the more stories I hear such as this that SC pointed out, or another team member (was about a year ago(?)) who was pulled over, had a WASR in his trunk and was arrested for having an illegal machine gun, only to be released the next day.  

I didn't mean this to be an insult to you.  

-mark
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#9]
JAdams most certainly doesn't have a problem with us.  

The chick with the guna nd the badge at the front desk was the problem.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
JAdams most certainly doesn't have a problem with us.  

The chick with the guna nd the badge at the front desk was the problem.

She's probably one of those that don't have a clue about firearms.  

I'll be turning in my badge on wednesday!  It's going to suck not being able to wear the jack boots for several months.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My mistake.

forgive me.

I know there are a lot that aren't and some that are.  It's just interesting the recent stories on here about cops raiding a home and calling a WASR (or whatever it was) an illegal automatic weapon on the Dallas SWAT show I believe.  

I'm not knocking cops, or the LEO establishment.  My brother-in-law is an officer in the NE Oklahoma Division (not sure of their exact designation).  He is a big gun enthusiast and was glad when he found out the guy marrying his sister has this as his hobby.  But others in his dept. wouldn't know a WASR from a real Soviet AK74SU.  And they don't care to know.  That's the point.  We're slowly but surely loosing our right to be armed in this society, and it doesn't strike me as good the more stories I hear such as this that SC pointed out, or another team member (was about a year ago(?)) who was pulled over, had a WASR in his trunk and was arrested for having an illegal machine gun, only to be released the next day.  

I didn't mean this to be an insult to you.  

-mark

You'll have to forgive me as I'm awful grouchy trying to get this new house in order.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
that means you can come out to Tuesday Night next week then:)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
that means you can come out to Tuesday Night next week then:)

This weeks meeting I'll probably make it but next week I'm not so sure considering it's the 2nd day of starting the new agency's academy.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top