Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 10:57:33 AM EDT
I am a little bit sick of Carters after this past saturday. There were just way too many people there and I had too many Thugs around me when I was at the pistol range, I was getting sick of hearing mother f this , f that. Does anyone else think that over hang at the pistol range is too low?? I have almost hit a few times.

I was thinking about the gun emporium in conroe, I found their website and it looks decent in the pictures. How is the pistol range? Are aks and ars ok there ( I know , no rapid). How is the range as a whole? thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Both times I've been to Gun Emporium I've had a good time and there have been some kind of evil rifle. A little cheaper, less strict, and they have a 200 yard range. Even better, it's a combined 100/200. I haven't shot any pistols there yet, though. Best part was absolutely NO ganstas.

What time were you at Carter's? I was there from about 2;30 to 5 at the far east end of the line shooting a Savage with a huge scope.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
sniper,

I was at the 25yd pistol range, there were way too many people around the pistol range and 50 yard rifle .  I was surpised that the range officer wasnt getting pissed, there were people in back of other people holding rifles and ars.  I dont mind when there is a lot of people but at my end there were too many people.

Then some guys almost got into a fight about where their targets should go. It was somewhat funny, but I got sick of the Gangstas.

I usually keep to myself, since sometimes there are morons at the range. I almost laughed at some guys talking about how he cant sell his pistol because its registered to him and he doesnt think he can sell it to anyone. Anyways thanks for the info on gun emproium, I think I will head up there.

By the way what kind of savage? I have a old savage 99 in 300 savage and I love it , its a great deer rifle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Doubt I would have run into you then. I tend to stay at the 100 yard end. Gangstas don't go down there

It's an Accutrigger 12FV in .243 with a 4-16x56AO Millett scope. I hunt deer with it occasionally, but it's definately intended for "other" purposes
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i go to gun emporium all the time,, great range laid back and most shooters are very friendly shoot me an IM if you want to meet up sometime
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
i usually go to carter's every weekend and have noticed the increase
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I try to go shooting every weekend, can't go next weekend since I'll be... ok, shooting, but only 1 or 2 rounds After that, does anyone feel like invading GE on a Saturday afternoon? I'm going to try and talk them into letting me shoot at steel since paper is getting boring. If that works out I probably have enough scrap steel sitting around to make a couple of targets. Won't be armor plate, so it'll get swiss cheesed, but a a steel plate with 6mm holes punched all in it would be pretty cool to have hanging over the lathe
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I lived about 15 min. away from the Gun Emporium and went there almost every weekend. There are target stands as 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. There are also movable, single-target stands if you want to shoot closer. They are black rifle friendly--just don't shoot bumpfire or anything like that. They are pretty laid back, and don't have an RO on duty unless it's really busy. Cost is $6 per gun. Emmitt, the owner is a really nice guy, but they get firearms laws confused sometimes. I actually bought my first rifle from them on my eighteenth birthday.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
For pistols I like Shooters Station on 105 W better, indoors LE/military discount.

Definitely need to check out rifle ranges in Conroe area though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at Carter's Country on Sunday to exchange something and noticed that they were extremely busy on the range.

I normally like to go to Gun Emporium since I live so close to them.  It would be nice if they were open on Sunday though. They are the least expensive of all the ranges I have been to and they are very laid back. The people there are nice and it is much easier to get a cease fire. I have shot my AR, my SKS, FAL, and all my pistols there. On occasion I have shot rapid fire without any complaints (although I don't like to press my luck). I have seem AK's being shot there too.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Gun Emporium.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I worked at Gun Emporium for about 3 years part time. The best time to go is on the weekday. During the week we call our own breaks for target change on weekends when busy they use a range master. I spent alot of time on the range shooting in customer rifles and repairing them. and all the folks shooting were real nice. Emmett is real fair but if you act a fool you will be asked to leave. there are a lot of regulars like myself that try to keep safety in mind. people tent not to read the rules and do stupid stuff like shooting the steel uprights, this really pisses me off because I just built them last year.I will talk with Emmett. but I know AR,AK and all other assault weapons are ok. He has even aloud 50 cals. when its not busy. Myself and several other are headed out there wed. @ 10am if anyone want to go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I was sent a good ? can you use your own targets, yes you can the boards are spaced 16 inch apart. staplers are supplied and the rifle targets are sold for $.50. that is on top of a $6.00 per gun range fee. at about half of the staion you can shoot from 25 out 200 yards
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
The range is great in Conroe but the Guy at the clay shooting was a complete asswhole. Just because I was telling a story and said "Son Of a Bitch" inside the store. So I go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I can explain. Mike is Paster and Youth minister, He has got on to me before also.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Well that makes sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top