User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thank you sir.

Anyone wanna do a food list since we seem to be cooking out doors to celebrate the Sunset?

I can bring some sausages, chips and beer.

Also, for those with NFA weapons that are willing to let other people shoot them, what caliber ammo do you want people to bring so there isnt too much mooching going on...

One thing I forgot to tell everyone.  Unless you are comfortable with sitting on the ground, you might want to bring a chair or 2.  Remember we are going to be sorta out in the woods.  So we will have chiggers, ticks, fire ants, thorns, you know, all the things that make it interesting.  Since we have not had much rain lately, the mosquitos are few and far between.  That doesn't  mean they are not around.  A little DEET used on sunday might make next week a lot more pleasant.  

ETA:                              Wow 3 pages
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Any shade near the range area or should we bring our own?

If you need me to bring anything let me know.  The time is getting close.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
We got plenty of shade.  1hole-AR has graciously lent us use of his barbeque pit.  So it looks like we are going to have plenty of surface to cook on.  What we don't have we can improvise, or actually walk up to the  house and get.  This thing is turning into a big deal.   This is great.  I hope to meet a lot of great local people, and have a good time.  

What's everyone bringing to shoot?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We got plenty of shade.  1hole-AR has graciously lent us use of his barbeque pit.  So it looks like we are going to have plenty of surface to cook on.  What we don't have we can improvise, or actually walk up to the  house and get.  This thing is turning into a big deal.   This is great.  I hope to meet a lot of great local people, and have a good time.  

I got a couple of big links of really good sausage to throw on the pit if I don't forget, I'll have to make a mental note.

I can't really decide what to bring so a guess I will bring at least one FAL, one Vepr in 7.62x39 (I haven't decided whether to bring the K or the II) and probably two ARs.  I just got my dissapator upper back from Bushmaster for the second time so, maybe this time it will not shoot two feet to the right or left. But that's a different story. I'll test it out on Saturday and if it will zero correctly I'll bring it along for sure on Sunday.  Probably a pistol of some sort too. I don't want to have to clean rifles for the next few days so, that will probably be plenty.
I unfortunately don't have any class III toys to bring along.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I will bring some sausage, Chips and beers.

I'm just bringing my AR and a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
338winmag, please IM directions.  I should be able to make it out there.  May even bring the fiance....

I'll probably tag along with these two if they'll let me. ^^
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
AR, AK, .22

Thank you for doing this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I should be able to make it, my wife will probably join us.

I need directions from NE Houston/Humble, will bring a FAL and an  AR or two.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I should be able to make it, my wife will probably join us.

I need directions from NE Houston/Humble, will bring a FAL and an  AR or two.

IM sent
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thank you sir.

Anyone wanna do a food list since we seem to be cooking out doors to celebrate the Sunset?

I can bring some sausages, chips and beer.

Also, for those with NFA weapons that are willing to let other people shoot them, what caliber ammo do you want people to bring so there isnt too much mooching going on...

We will bring a couple of gallons of beans and some bottled water.

Renee
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How about a couple of AR's, a Garand and my war baby!

Renee
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
What time is everyone planning to show up?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I recall 338winmag saying it will start around ten.  I suppose I will be there around 10'ish.

I was down on the coast today sighting in my new upper and it was hot.
Bring some water and dress accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:25:25 AM EDT
[#15]
C yall there, loading up the car and getting ready to pick up the rest of the Yellow Tide Crew...

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there around 11
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]
well, appears as if I won't be able to make it out..  I lost 338's phone number and directions and had a full day of birthday parties I had to attend.

If anyone else plans to get together soon, let me know and I'll try to make that one...

Hope you guys had fun!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Photos at:  The Sound of Freedom!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#19]
WOOHOO!!  What a great time!!

Thanks to 338Win Mag & Mrs Win Mag for hosting such a great shoot!  I really enjoyed your place and the brisket was great!!  Excellent job on the beans ladyrt007!

It was great to meet all of you guys (and gals), lets all get together again sometime...

Wade
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Boy, looks like i missed out on a good time!Well maybe next time.

I hope the BBQ pit worked out good for ya'll.

SC,great job with the pics.

1hole
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Keith kills the short target.  Look at all the brass flyin'...

Many thanks to 338WinMag and Mrs. 338WinMag for hosting us.  I had a blast.  I'm burning CDs of the photos today.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#22]
NICE!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for having me out.  I had a great time.  I know that you put a lot of work into it 338winmag.

It was good meeting everyone and I hope to see everyone again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks again for having us out 338winmag.  We had a great time.  Sorry we couldn't stay for briskit and beans.

It was nice to meet everyone and I hope to make it out to some of the Tuesday night meetings..
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks 338winmag and Keith for the toys!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
WOOHOO!!  What a great time!!

Thanks to 338Win Mag & Mrs Win Mag for hosting such a great shoot!  I really enjoyed your place and the brisket was great!!  Excellent job on the beans ladyrt007!

It was great to meet all of you guys (and gals), lets all get together again sometime...

Wade

Glad you all enjoyed them, BTW, my husband made them!

Renee
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#28]
The beans were still good last night!  Damn fine beans:  "Roll that Beautiful Bean Footage!"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The beans were still good last night!  Damn fine beans:  "Roll that Beautiful Bean Footage!"

Sean, you are still eating the beans?

Those are deadly....

Gene said they were alittle dry, but then he is such a perfectionist!

Renee
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Thanks 338winmag and Keith for the toys!!!!!

Amen to that, but the next time we need to go out and help John get it set up!

We had fun, especially Dale, the little guy shooting my war baby that came with us.
He wants to load more magazines for you guys!

Keith......he works for bullets

Renee
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks John for having us out there. The beans were great
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top