Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 4:31:33 AM EDT
You see all those cars pulled over in Plano and Allen?  Just an FYI, looks like this is the week!  Saw the commercial last night.  No kidding, must have 10 professional ticket writters out in Allen and another in Plano all in the same areas.  But they are mobile!

stay alert!

c  

edited to learn to spell
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Just remember; seatbelt laws are for your own protection.  You'll only be ticketed if you're pulled over for another offense...

Oh, and BTW, we're only asking that you register your machine guns; we'd never make them illegal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just remember; seatbelt laws are for your own protection.  You'll only be ticketed if you're pulled over for another offense...

Someone should have told them that, that is all they are writting!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone should have told them that, that is all they are writting!

I'm just pointing out another "slippery slope" example.  I know that when they introduced these laws in Ohio, they told people that they would never pull someone over just for a seatbelt.  That made it easier to get passed.  Now the story is changing.  We give up independence and self-determination one shitty little law at a time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
State Congress changed the law this year, at least the guy said so in the commercials.  I say repeal that law and let the people who don't want to wear seatbelts practice survival of the fittest!
Seriously, the law is to preserve federal highway dollars, as is the drinking age, legal intoxication limit, Houston's speed limits, etc.  If these laws were not in the books, the feds said they would cut off fed. funding of interstates. Click it or ticket is a fundraising campaign for uneeded social programs put in place by previous regimes.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm just pointing out another "slippery slope" example.  I know that when they introduced these laws in Ohio, they told people that they would never pull someone over just for a seatbelt.  That made it easier to get passed.  Now the story is changing.  We give up independence and self-determination one shitty little law at a time.

Correct. If you follow the full story, you will see seat-belt laws were passed to help Detroit automakers avoid putting in air bags. When Libby Dole was with DOT in 1980s, she mandated vehicles had to have air bags UNLESS 2/3 of the states passed mandatory seat belt laws. So instead of installing seatb belts, AUtomakers had their Lobbysists go to work in 2/3 of the states to get seat belt laws passed, and the usual dumb sheep went along with them and passed them.

The delay in installing air bags in vehicles has costs thousands of lives, so the irony is that seat belt laws have killed thousands of people, who otherwise would have been protected by air bags.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Last year my buddy gave me a lift to school.  Just as he pulls into the Plano Senior High School parking lot we get red and blue lights behind us, so he stops.  The cop walks up to the passenger side where I am, and gives me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt.

This is the same parking lot that a cop gave me a ticket for not having a front license plate on my car.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is the same parking lot that a cop gave me a ticket for not having a front license plate on my car.

FWIW, Texas law requires a front license plate, always has, unlike many other states.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I am ready for the "Cuff 'em and Stuff 'em" campaign.

You know the one where cops ACTUALLY CHASE REAL CRIMINALS and put them in JAIL!!!

Geez.  

As for selling out our personal freedoms so that we can 'get' federal highway money, we seem to have forgotten that it is OUR money that we are getting from the Feds.  They would not have it if we did not send it to them in the first place.

GRrrr!

TRG
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I was in the target/starbucks parkinglot last night on hwy 249.  My friend and I decided to bust out a backward 180 degree turn.  Ofocurse I looked behind me and I dont see a thing.  So I bust out this badass move for shits and giggles and from behind a SUV a PCT 4 constable pulls out and pulls to he side of my vehical and puts his lights on.  I wasnt worried though.  He asked for my insurence and liscence right off the bad and i said "sir its in my back right pocket."  He said "WELL GET IT THEN!" I did and gave him the information.  Few minutes later he comes back and says "So why were you doing that shit"  I said "just playing around"  Then he proceeded to chew my ass about what if there where kids around or behind me and such. I told him..."well I checked behind and beside me as I was taught." he then said "well does that make it OK then."  Knowing he probably wanted a "NO" answer and not wanting to risk a P.O.P. problem i went ahead and said "NO."  I guess because I was on private property he counldnt right me a ticket...hehe......but he did tell me to do that shit elsewhere.  I said yes sir, have a good night then proceeded to starbucks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Cit, be carefule!  You said, "I guess because I was on private property he counldnt right me a ticket"  You were not on "private property"  If they do not charge a fee for parking, then it is "public" with access to public streets and roadways!

I think he just let you go...

c
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#11]
maybe your right! I'll be more careful about where I play around at.  Gotta keep practicing my SHTF Tactical Driving skills...wouldnt want to be rusty on that when/if SHTF.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]
It was probably Cit's repeated request for the officer to frisk him that convinced the constable to let him go...

TRG
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FWIW, Texas law requires a front license plate, always has, unlike many other states.

Mike

And since 9/1/3, almost all license plate frames are illegal too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#14]
In WA no seat belt is a $101 ticket. And they will have your ass for it. Or for five over, or if you touch a line on either side of the lane.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It was probably Cit's repeated request for the officer to frisk him that convinced the constable to let him go...

TRG

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Police chasing real criminals, GTFOH!

Armed tax collecting is what most traffic citations actually accomplish.  It does not make the streets safer.

Reckless and aggressive driving i.e. drag racing on a crowded street, traveling at speeds that are 30-50mph more than the traffic immediately around you and running stoplights and stop signs are the dangerous behaviors that  need to be stopped.  However, these LEOs are writing tickets for not wearing a seatbelt, not having a license plate on the front of their car (& yes recruit killer, I DID GET THAT FIXED-thank you very much for reminding me) the average bullshit speeding ticket does not contribute to my safety or anyone elses safety on the road.

Sorry for the rant.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In WA no seat belt is a $101 ticket. And they will have your ass for it. Or for five over, or if you touch a line on either side of the lane.

[rant on]Mine was $127.00 for not doing ANYTHING wrong.  WA cops are going nutz out here pulling everyone over and making up B/S tickets.  My wife got the same ticket as me 2 months earlier.  Both got thrown out in court and both were unwarranted bullshrimp!  And the seatbelt thing, they don't need any other reason to pull you over here in WA.  Fargin baistages!!![rant off]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell, IH35 between San Antonio and Austin is becoming the biggest speedtrap/ticket writing area I've seen in years.  I've counted no less than 10 police/sherrif/state troopers.  Around Kyle to Slaughter Lane there were 6 motorcycle cops last Wednesday, all writing tickets to vehicles ranging from SUVs and cars to 18-wheelers.

Used to, if you weren't going 85MPH, you were being blown off the road.  Now you can't quite do 72 without someone taking notice.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#19]
They're from the .gov, they're just here to help us.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

TRG

No I am pretty sure its the part where I asked if he could use the pink fuzzy cuffs instead of those ruff metal ones!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

No I am pretty sure its the part where I asked if he could use the pink fuzzy cuffs instead of those ruff metal ones!

Don't feel bad, that didn't help M Jackson either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

i had a confederate flag front license plate on my car for over two years...i was NEVER pulled over(didnt even own a regular front license plate)
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't wear a Helmet on My Bike, And I 'm Not wearing a seat belt in my car. It just that simple.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't wear a Helmet on My Bike, And I 'm Not wearing a seat belt in my car. It just that simple.

Why not?  Just because your rebeling against the government or just being stupid?  Now dont get me wrong...I do belive we should have a choice and it isnt the job of the government to tell us to be safe or wear a seatbelt, but...I'd wear one even if it wasnt the law.  Somthing about flying through windows just doesnt appeal to me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been pulled over in Plano 6 times in the last week for no seatbelt. I had one fucktard attempt to give me a ticket for having only a lap belt on. I had to explain that's all she came with.
('78 Jeep CJ7)

That whole campain is a ploy to fill the citys coffers.

Shoot Straight
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?  Just because your rebeling against the government or just being stupid?  Now dont get me wrong...I do belive we should have a choice and it isnt the job of the government to tell us to be safe or wear a seatbelt, but...I'd wear one even if it wasnt the law.  Somthing about flying through windows just doesnt appeal to me.

Maybe I'm Just STUPID, I Believe I should have a choice and it isn't the job of the government to tell me to be safe and wear a seatbelt. So I don't wear one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'm Just STUPID, I Believe I should have a choice and it isn't the job of the government to tell me to be safe and wear a seatbelt. So I don't wear one.

I would agree that seatbelts and helmet are the choice of adults, however, children need to wear seatbelts.  I know, slippery path, etc....
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would agree that seatbelts and helmet are the choice of adults, however, children need to wear seatbelts.  I know, slippery path, etc....

I agree with Darwin.  Let the smartest and strongest survive...including thier children.  Why do we need a law forcing parents to buckle up thier kids?  If they are not smart enough to do it without being told, then that is their problem.  Dumb people produce dumb offspring.

Since we have no need to forage for food and fight wild animals for resources, the highway system serves as a modern jungle for Darwinian Natural Selection.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Darwin.  Let the smartest and strongest survive...including thier children.  Why do we need a law forcing parents to buckle up thier kids?  If they are not smart enough to do it without being told, then that is their problem.  Dumb people produce dumb offspring.

Since we have no need to forage for food and fight wild animals for resources, the highway system serves as a modern jungle for Darwinian Natural Selection.

TRG

My kids get buckled even when only driving out to the mail box, on my property. They wear helmets on their atv's. It's not a Choice for them.  

I don't wear a belt out of habit, and I am not about to start. Yes, I know they save lives, that why my Kids Always wear theirs.

Sorry Fellas, some folks don't believe in the right to own firearms, some don't believe in the right to an abortion, etc...  And I Don't believe I'll start wearing a seat belt, Because someone believes that I should.

.... I drink alcohol, smoke and Chew tobacco too.....
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

My kids get buckled even when only driving out to the mail box, on my property. They wear helmets on their atv's. It's not a Choice for them.  

I don't wear a belt out of habit, and I am not about to start. Yes, I know they save lives, that why my Kids Always wear theirs.

Sorry Fellas, some folks don't believe in the right to own firearms, some don't believe in the right to an abortion, etc...  And I Don't believe I'll start wearing a seat belt, Because someone believes that I should.

.... I drink alcohol, smoke and Chew tobacco too.....

I think you are missing my point.  I SUPPORT the right of people to make their own decisions, about seat belts, guns, alcohol and firearms.

Of course, I was a Driver's Education Instructor for a long time, so I am kinda biased.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

TRG

My kids must have gotten their intellegence from their grandparents.....wonders may never end.   I KNOW they didn't get from their uncles.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

My kids must have gotten their intellegence from their grandparents.....wonders may never end.   I KNOW they didn't get from their uncles.

You never know.  

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top