Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 5:58:47 PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made a deal to buy a pre ban AR from IYAOYAS467(Josh Mayo) and checked him out as much as I could with the resources here and was confident since he's a member. Now he e mailed me that he got my funds(USPS MO)on SAT. 10/18/03 and I last heard from him Monday 10/20/03 and he claimed he was taking the rifle to his FFL on Tuesday the 21st for shipping. I was getting a little worried yesterday(WED.) and called his FFL in TX. and they informed me that they knew who he was but that he had not brought any rifle recently for a transfer and in fact still owed them money for the last transfer they did for him. Now this guy,IYAOYAS467(Josh Mayo Fredericksburg,TX) has not returned my IM's or e mails and I also searched for any other activity he's had and found another buyer who paid him for a M18 pack(Rallywagon) and has not heard from him or gotten any recent response. I am a very understanding person and can envision a lot of circumstances that could theoretically happened to legitimately held up the shipment of the rifle but I am also not a fool and want to know what you guys think I should do next. Since I paid with a postal money order I can contact the federal postal investigative service and at some point this becomes mail fraud and I may be able to claim that the money order was stolen and recover the funds and I'm also wondering if since this guy sent me a picture of the gun INCLUDING serial number if at some point the ATF may be involved. I did check his mailing address and the street he gave me does exist in Fredericksburg,TX but at this point I'm getting worried and pissed and feeling foolish. I hope he surfaces with a real good explanation for all this since I really would like to have the rifle but at this time I have major bad feelings about this. What do guys recommend?  At this point in time I figure my best bet is to ask the Texas crew for some help.

THANKS

TIM
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My first thought is him needing to ship via an FFL a New York requirement?

Just for grins, I did a Yahoo white page search for last name Mayo in Fredericksburg, Texas. I found five different phone numbers at four different addresses. You may want to do the same and see if any addresses match the one you have.  If not, some or all of them are probably related to him.  I would start calling to see if they know how to contact him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey sorry that you are having probs. I used to live in Fredericksburg. What's his address?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey sorry that you are having probs. I used to live in Fredericksburg. What's his address?

Joshua Mayo
110N. Milam St. PMB #125
Fredericksburg, TX.

The FFL he gave me is:
                     Dry Creek Sporting Goods
                     242 W. Main St.
                     Fredericksburg, TX.
                     830-997-7510
   Still no word from him.  I still hope that he surfaces with some reasonable explanation but I don't have a good felling about this.  He was very active with some of the other TX. crew and Tonster sent a link to his picture at one of the regional shoots he attended.  It's a real shame he seemed like a good guy and was very active on the EE and with other forums.  I remain hopefull but would love to find this guy and put the heat on him to send back the money or ship the rifle.  Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys can provide.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I go there often for the fine german food,  keep us posted,  could stop by for a chat if needed.   smaxx
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be able to get up there the middle of this week. I can try to make contact for you if you like?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I might be able to get up there the middle of this week. I can try to make contact for you if you like?

I would greatly appreciate that and if you are there you can possibly find out if he was involved in a serious accident and is hospitalized or perhaps locked up somewhere?
    Any help you can offer will be appreciated greatly!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI, the address you gave belongs to Be My Guest Lodging Service.  Either they offer mailbox service, or he was just passing through.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh oh.......

Looks like a fire mission is going to be damn near impossible, unless someone camps out by the box number assigned to this douche.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
FYI, the last time i talked to him he did say that he was either in the process of moving or had just moved.............

i do have his cell phone # if you need it
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
BREAKING NEWS!
   I just called his FFL again and they informed that minutes ago Joshs' father dropped off a rilfe for shipping to my FFL!  The fellow at Dry Creek Sporting Goods told me that Josh' father paid him for all the money that he owed him and that the rifle will go out tomorrow!  He went on to say that "Josh is not a very reliable young man"!  Keep your fingers crossed and I'll update you as I have more news.
   Thanks so much to all my brothers in Texas who so generously have helped out and when I am in Austin next March for a wedding I want to get together buy all you guys a few drinks!!!!!

Tim
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Green18.  Glad that thing is going to work out for you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I am glad it is on the way. Now what excuse do I use to stop by my ex girlfriends to say hi? LOL
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Rallywagon is still waiting for the pack(M18)that he paid for and has not recieved from the same seller.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in kerrville, it about 30 minutes from fredericksburg.

TG
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks so much to all my brothers in Texas for all your help and moral support!  The rifle arrived today and I hope that someday I can repay the kindness.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh man, that looks great, I want one. Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
i ask nothing in return sir, knowing you and josh worked everything out is payment enough for me!

however, if you ever want to buy me a beer............
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i ask nothing in return sir, knowing you and josh worked everything out is payment enough for me!

however, if you ever want to buy me a beer............

I'll be in Austin in March.......beers are on me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top