Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2003 7:48:36 PM EDT
 My latest project AR is almost done, if you want pics then someone with a good digi camera and a place to host the picture will have to assist.
 It started out as an AR carbine for as cheap as I could make it.  That idea didn't last, blame TxLewis and El Roto for their harebrained lightweight ideas for corrupting the cheap AR.  It's a skinny, pencil barrel, naked muzzle flattop in Coyote Brown.  I'm waiting for the DPMS rear sight, not a flip up, from Kiesler's to get here.  It's about 3-4 inches shorter than my all RRA parts homemade 16" HBAR A2 with Wilson comp.  It also weighs a ton less.
 I'm thinking about tossing the charging handle and getting a new one from RRA, you wouldn't think it but there is a difference.  I may splurge for a NM trigger group.  The EO Tech 511 is on layaway, I'll have it next paycheck.  I got the C4 handguards, I may swap those out for the skinny standard carbine ones.

Anyways, the dumb thing started as an idea to see if I could build an AR for the wife for under $450.  It's at about $680, not including a NM trigger group $120, new skinny handguards $35 and a better charging handle $11.

For my next trick I'll make a stubby bull barreled flattop with no irons for under $400....does this building your own stuff ever stop?

mike
Top Top