Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 2:24:37 PM EDT
How was the big Houston show?  Was it worth the hassle?  I may go Sunday, emphasis on may.

TS
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Fairly good for a change.

I bought an M96 Recon carbine with green furniture for $200 under retail from Tejas Gunwerks out of Austin.

Already stripped, cleaned and lubricated, mags are loaded, ready to see if it goes bang later tonight!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  Let me know what your opinion of it after you've played with it some.  I know they look really cool.

TS
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The M96 sounds nice, Terry is a great guy to work with.  

I am going tomorrow from Austin.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
i think i am going tomarrow.  i went today.  nothing really blew my skirt up....but it was worth going.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
tigerstripe   do you want to ride together to the show  i am going back to the show...   let me know you have my number    If not    I can drive myself.

I am leaving around 8:00 AM to go to the show....
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It was OK.  I got a "sling thing" sight mount sling swivel for my carbine & almost bought a Global trades AKM!

The girl friend told me to get an EO Tech Holo site, so I'll probably be buying one of those inthe near future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]
It seems a bit more crowded because of the table layout than normal.  I noticed there was no jerky sales, and was kind of disappointed.  We picked up some good jerky from the last GRB show.  I picked up some books and a small safe for the nightstand.  I talked a friend into a comp-tac holster for his P-99 and then noticed Greg, the owner, was there walking around with an Uzi I think he was trying to get rid of.

All in  all a good show, and I really like the fact that this one is so well lit.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Show seemed to be more crowded than last time.  I was there around 10:30am on Saturday, left about 3:00pm.

Bought a Cavalry arms lower.

Only had one "food court" open.  What a pain.  Had to wait for a cup of coffee.  They needed at least two of these open.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
i went saturday morning. i thought it was about like a big ft worth show. about half a dallas show. did find an arms 40 for $75. 20 better than i'd ever seen
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#10]
i saw an SP1 without the forward assist for $1095.00  almost went for it.

also saw a CAR15 with the 5.5 flash hider.  was like 1200 i think. i dont recall.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]

It was my first one so i was blown away. i saw some niiiice stuff...really enjoyed it. I couldn't tell you if it was good or bad though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top