Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2003 6:50:34 PM EDT
Tried posting this earlier, but the system is acting a little weird tonight.

Mike's Gun Room, just north of Beltline on Greenville.  Three Valmets (never seen one of those before) and the MAK90 with evil features.

Valmet has pronged flashhider with bayo lug underneath in one unit.  Weird looking.

Also has a pre-ban UZI with detachable stock and loads of goodies.

All to rich for my blood, but fun to look at.  I am neither a relative, owner, employee, creditor, or servant of this store.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No such thing as a legal preban MAK-90.  The MAK was specifically imported to get around the 89 ban.

If it's got evil features, then it has to be enough US parts to make it a domestic weapon, and even then the 94 AWB still applies, unless it can be documented that all this was done prior to 1994, which is dubious.

When you hear preban and MAK-90 in the same sentence, you have to laugh.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
My apologies.  It is a pre-ban, semi-auto Chinese AK-type rifle.  I used the wrong terminology.  I used the MAK-word generically in error to identify a Chinese product.  Thank you for your correction.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The Houston Chronicle had a good article this morning on the AWB not being renewed.  Looks like Delay won't let it hit the floor.  Let's hope so.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mike's Gun Room, just north of Beltline on Greenville.  Three Valmets (never seen one of those before) and the MAK90 with evil features.

I take it you mean Main St., near the RPD? (same thing as Beltline)... I didn't know there was a gun store right there. Which side of Greenville?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
What were the Valmets selling for?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a Valmet? pic?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's a Valmet?

EricTheHun's favorite weapon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What were the Valmets selling for?

ditto
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#9]
http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=Valmet+M76+&ei=UTF-8

For a pic..
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
East side of Greenvile Ave overlooking the Richardson PD parking lot.  For some reason, he has never been burgled, held up, or even pestered.  Doesn't even have steel bars on the big front window.  The best place to have a gun shop in Texas is next to the all night cop shop.  They are some of his best customers, too.  

I don't recall the price.  These had the old Interarms import stamp.  

He is open Tues - Fridays, 10-6, unless he is headed out of town to Tulsa or Houston.  He often has tables at Mesquite, though he won't have a sign up.  Hangs out with a bunch of paunchy late middle aged Nam vets, ranging in rank from PFC, ret., to General, ret.  When he and his buds get together, plenty of Purple Hearts (not that you would ever see them), CIBs, and the like.  

Don't get the idea that these guys run around in old field jackets talking non-stop about how they save Saigon single-handedly.  These guys are very low key, but great patriots and damn fine gun nuts.

Mike is a good man, and a good man to get to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top