Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 6:35:21 PM EDT
Im holding out as long as I can. lol. gets around 65 inside the house. Seeing lows in the mid 40s, low 50s at night. 41* low for sat night. lol.

Fall is my favorite time of year, always loved the cool air and leaves changing..
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my guard up because the wife is snooping around the thermostat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
LoL...yea ive got an indoor/outdoor wireless one. the base unit is inside and there is a part outside so I get both readings. Ive been checking it often. lol.

I think we will see some warm snaps before true fall hits, but thats just a guess.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
No, but we have been sleeping with the electric blanket on.    Wife sleeps with the window open pretty much year round.   (menopause)
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had it on several nights. I could get by without it, but I have a three year old and don't want her getting cold.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Eastern panhandle:  No, it only got down to 69 inside last night, and the upstairs still warms up to low 70s during the day, almost kicking on the A/C set for 74.
Northern panhandle:  Heading up there Saturday morning and I'm going to guess I might need to turn on the gas furnace Saturday night in that old house with next to no insulation.

ETA:  Upstairs A/C just kicked on in the eastern panhandle and I REFUSE to switch from A/C during the day and heat at night, so I'm still on A/C heat pump mode for at least another week.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Not yet but it has been 38 and foggy 2 mornings in a row here. Won't be much longer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LoL...yea ive got an indoor/outdoor wireless one. the base unit is inside and there is a part outside so I get both readings. Ive been checking it often. lol.

I think we will see some warm snaps before true fall hits, but thats just a guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I came home and she wanted to turn on the heat. I told her 70 and no higher. We shall see..........
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife did.  Blah. It's so nice when the house is cool enough you need blankets to sleep comfortably.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, but we have been sleeping with the electric blanket on.    Wife sleeps with the window open pretty much year round.   (menopause)
View Quote
My wife never got hot flashes..she is still cold all the time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
We're still running the A/C.  I refuse to turn on the heat until at least October.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Gonna be 36* tonite and 44-46* lows thru Tues....probably gonna have to pop the heat, dont know yet. Im fine, ive got a new goose down comforter,,,i couldnt use it a few weeks ago, was too hot. It worked great last nite.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope, still not running the heat.

To be fair the snake enclosures and chest freezers in the house throw a ton of heat - and I am starting to run the oven again in the evenings.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Well i caved last nite...around 2am it was mid 50s inside, a bit too chilly, considering there are dogs and young 'uns in the house. So, I popped the heat and got it up to a blistering 65* inside. lol. Suppose to warm up for the rest of week, so should be good without the heat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#16]
We had frost two nights ago, the house was still over 70*F when I got up without the heat on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Been running the heat now for about a week (wood burner). We had nearly 1/2 foot of snow by this past Monday morning with lows in the mid to low 20's. The log home is well insulated and it really has to get cold outside to drop the inside temps below 60.

We only broke 80 degrees outside once this summer, so we been sleeping with blankets on the bed year round. I love the cold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top