Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked WV Role Call.... (Page 3 of 14)
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Richwood native now living in Lewisburg (Greenbrier County).  Looking for some fellow ARFCOMers to go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:
Quite a few of us used to shoot ay Sleepy Creek often, then the B.S. rule of the no High cap mags and such came out and we stayed away.

I like the place myself.

Anyone back home have a Strip job we could shoot on with permission? I have a few folks here in Virginia looking for some long distance.

Go to "Whitehorse" range in Upshur County. 10 miles north of Buckhannon on Rt 20. Great guys run that range. They shoot highpower matches there. They have lines out to 1000 meters. 600 meters being the norm. If you go to 1000 they have to close the range. 304-623-6093. Dick Whiting runs the range most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By COZ:

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:
Quite a few of us used to shoot ay Sleepy Creek often, then the B.S. rule of the no High cap mags and such came out and we stayed away.

I like the place myself.

Anyone back home have a Strip job we could shoot on with permission? I have a few folks here in Virginia looking for some long distance.

Go to "Whitehorse" range in Upshur County. 10 miles north of Buckhannon on Rt 20. Great guys run that range. They shoot highpower matches there. They have lines out to 1000 meters. 600 meters being the norm. If you go to 1000 they have to close the range. 304-623-6093. Dick Whiting runs the range most of the time.

Thanks!

Did you see that the www.wvsrpa.org website is down.

Looking to open up a 1500 yard shots, no where down here in this state.
Link Posted: 5/4/2006 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I grew up in Buchannon to, well 5 years of my lifehug.gif
Link Posted: 5/4/2006 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
In Morgantown now....
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Milton, Cabell County. Home of the "WV Pumpkin Festival". Member of Huntington Pistol&Rifle Club. Range is outside of Barboursville. 200 yards flat area for targets, gong on hillside at 250 and 300 yards. 300 is max distance.
Link Posted: 5/10/2006 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By southpaw67:
Milton, Cabell County. Home of the "WV Pumpkin Festival". Member of Huntington Pistol&Rifle Club. Range is outside of Barboursville. 200 yards flat area for targets, gong on hillside at 250 and 300 yards. 300 is max distance.

The Pumpkin Festival rules!
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Parkersburg.

Just moved here.

Link Posted: 5/14/2006 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Huntington, WV.

How can I join, southpaw67?
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Mikado... you need someone to Sponser you, an active club member. Do you know of anyone? You can email me for more info.

Cabell County (HTS)
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Hello new member here.  I'm from Kingwood (Preston Co.)  Lived in Martinsburg for about 10 years. Now living in Points (Hampshire Co.)   I work in Charles Town, I'm at work now, and drive thru Inwood , Gerrardstown, and Glengary almost every day.   Havn't finished building my ar yet, still getting the parts together.  I've got a lower with the fcg in it.  Working on trading for a barreled upper ( I hope).    I do most of my shooting at home.  Don't really have a range yet although I hope to someday.     Great  web site!
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#12]

To all fellow Mountaineers, we need a WV strip pit shoot out!

Anyone have access to a coal pit?
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#13]
MetalRain

Hey  i live in Charles Town area. Someday we should get lunch and talk about guns and all that  great man shit.   So what do you do in Charles Town for work.  Guessing  local Gov. work?

No coal pit. but  a uncle of mine is about to buy 100acs in  middle of WV so that could be a  idea.
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
TURNSKULL     You're right about the job.   I'll send an email with more details  Don't want to give out too much - may cause trouble me trouble later.   I made a deal for a barreled upper over the weekend so I'm getting close.  A few more weeks and I'll have my firsh AR.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Millerized here, Inwood, WV.  Reporting for duty. Originally PA native, moved here for the jokes.  When was the last time you'd heard a good Pennsylvanian joke?!  Actually, spend most of my summers in Philippi growin up. Just had to come back.  See you folks over at Sleepy Creep someday.
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I was just  at the creek today with  my father. Blasting some  paper and what else we could find laying around.  Speaking of wich the rangers  stoped by when we were there and he was telling me how they might be shutting the thing down if  people can't learn to  keep it clean. it is a dman  shame that white trash messes it up for the rest of us. For most of us its the only place we have left to  shoot.  The Rangers said if we could get a group of people together and come up ever now and then and give it a nice cleaning  that the  Gov. agency that  wants to shut it down because it is turning into a  trash can  would let it stay open.  I guess whenever i am up there and the last one  i will  just do what i can to clean up as much  shit as i can. We should start a club. haha.

Link Posted: 5/31/2006 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By TURNSKULL:
*snip*

They been saying that for years.

Originally Posted By millerized:
Millerized here, Inwood, WV.  Reporting for duty. Originally PA native, moved here for the jokes.  When was the last time you'd heard a good Pennsylvanian joke?!  Actually, spend most of my summers in Philippi growin up. Just had to come back.  See you folks over at Sleepy Creep someday.

Hello....Bunkerhill
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally from Beverly, WV (next to Elkins), and now live in Berryville, VA.  I will always be a Mountaineer, just displaced over this way for work  Most of my family is in Randolph and Barbour counties.

I also shoot at Sleepy Creek fairly often.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm from West Virginia. McDowell County to be exact.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Morgantown here....
Member of Mason Dixon Rifle Club.......
Want to head down to Whitehorse sometime for some long range shooting
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Cabell County here...
are there any local WV firearm enthusiats or local airsoft or local armed forces forums?
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 9:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: southpaw67] [#22]

Originally Posted By s10ryan:
Cabell County here...
are there any local WV firearm enthusiats or local airsoft or local armed forces forums?

I am a modern firearms collector in eastern Cabell county. I am waiting for my
07 manufacturing/dealer FFL to be issued out of Atlanta, then I will be opening a storefront in Milton area. I will build AR type rifles to suit the end user.

ETA....I recieved my FFL Monday June 12th.
Link Posted: 6/22/2006 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Near Morgantown, Preston Co.  Woulnt be home for a year or so...till we get back from the big shooting range out east, just a little south east of Europe!
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/27/2006 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By WVHunter:
Richwood native now living in Lewisburg (Greenbrier County).  Looking for some fellow ARFCOMers to go shooting.

Any time!  I am in Lewisburg as well.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2006 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I butt in ?

Wifes family in Monroe Co,  Peterstown/Lindside area (Rich Creek Valley Rd).  I get down there a few times a year, notably the week of Thanksgiving for rifle-deer.

I recognize some of the city names from our route down there.

Link Posted: 7/1/2006 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I think Monroe County is the most scenic in the state.  BTW I finally got my FFL after a five month wait!  It will be a while before I get set up yet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2006 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Lewis Countyhainsawkill.gif
Link Posted: 7/17/2006 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#30]
DougR, Where are you going to be located? Right now I'm buying most of my stuff at Park Center in Rainelle. I live at White Oak. It's 6 miles from Winterplace Ski Resort.Drop me a line.     Doinker
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey Doinker, I am in downtown Bluefield.  Wife and I have a pawn shop on Bland Street (1316 Bland) and we are currently building up a military clothing line.  Very little firearms stuff yet, but I did put my 1919A4 on display and put one of my own ARs out.  So much more to do!

Anyway if you are in the area stop in for a while, love to meet ya.

Doug
Link Posted: 8/5/2006 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Hello

After getting my computer running again, I am back on-line.  I recently moved to Jefferson County WV and am interested in finding ranges, preferrably with 200yard or more line in the area. Does anyone have any suggestions.  Also I am very interested in joining a gun club that shoots National Match Course as well as other types of rifle matches.  

I used to shoot quite a bit with the Ft. Meade Rifle and Pistol Club. But due to my current responsibilities getting out there is tough.  

Thanks in advance for the info.

Axehandle7
Link Posted: 8/12/2006 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Welcome to  J-County  AXE.   Sleepy Creek is the only place around here with a 200 yrd range and lanes.   As far as shooting clubs that  shoot.  i have no idea. Sorry man.

See you around.  and when are we  J-County , Berk- County   guys gonna   take over a steak house for a  WV  dinner ???
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Welcome to  J-County  AXE.   Sleepy Creek is the only place around here with a 200 yrd range and lanes.   As far as shooting clubs that  shoot.  i have no idea. Sorry man.

See you around.  and when are we  J-County , Berk- County   guys gonna   take over a steak house for a  WV  dinner ???

What?  All 3 of us

Hell (o), I'm up for it.  Just do it some night after 5:30 and I'm there! If we're allowed to carry the rifles, I'm sure we could do it with 2!

Link Posted: 8/14/2006 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Dude sounds good to me,maybe get together at the race track one evening,or maybe the outback or something.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#36]
yeah that sounds like a good plan.  we will have to do that  one night.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#37]
paint creek checking in
Link Posted: 9/11/2006 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Charleston, well actually South Charleston....Looking to get my second AR....and keep it this time!
Link Posted: 9/11/2006 2:11:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southpaw67] [#39]

Originally Posted By matgyver:
Charleston, well actually South Charleston....Looking to get my second AR....and keep it this time!

Come to the Old Dominion Show this coming weekend at Coonskin Armory and look me up, Mountain State Armory from Milton, I'll be there with 3 tables.
Link Posted: 9/11/2006 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By jimpickens:
Lewis County

DANG!..................................................................Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/14/2006 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Martinsburg, Berkeley County here.  Love firearms big and small.
Link Posted: 9/17/2006 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Come to the Old Dominion Show this coming weekend at Coonskin Armory and look me up, Mountain State Armory from Milton, I'll be there with 3 tables.

It was great meeting you at the show yesterday.  Your rifles look awesome and you had some fantastic prices.  Glad to see another good shop opening up around here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2006 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By vanrichten:

It was great meeting you at the show yesterday.  Your rifles look awesome and you had some fantastic prices.  Glad to see another good shop opening up around here.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I know most of my rifles are hi-end but I will keep factory spec ARs in stock or a short phonecall away for special orders on ARs, pistols and shotguns. Hopefully within 2 months I will have a small storefront open.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Benwood, WV here.... Marshall County
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#45]
[crickets chirping] Sure is quiet in here. [/crickets chirping]
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#46]
The SHOWMASTERS gunshow is the weekend of Oct 7-8 in Fairmont WV.
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 7:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: COZ] [#47]

The SHOWMASTERS gunshow is the weekend of Oct 7-8 in Fairmont WV.

Cool, Finally on a weekend when I don't have Reserve training.
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Yup, Im plannin to with my big boy toyz set up on my tables.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I tried to make it to the gun show at the Coonskin armory a couple of weeks ago but had to finish some remodeling on the house. When is the next show in the Charleston area?

Hey southpaw and all the other Kanawha/Putnam/Cabell and other locals, we need to get together and blow some stuff up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Next 2 Old Dominion Coonskin Armory shows are Nov 10-12, Dec 8-10.
Zorro Gunshows in S Charleston Community Center on Nov 25-26.

If you wanna shoot stuff gimme a yell with dates and times. Im in Cabell County.
Page / 14
Tacked WV Role Call.... (Page 3 of 14)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top