Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my ham license over 7 years ago and bought a Yaesu FT-60. Had to hoist a coil antenna up in a tree every time to use it. Lost interest and quit messing with it so now I'm trying to relearn.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Checking in. JOCO.

My PERSEC is probably compromised at this point but Im still leary of putting my name out there. Would very much like to meet people in person!

How do we organize a group meet wothput getting put on a list?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Topeka checking in here. Get @ me for contact info.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Chautauqua/ Montgomery counties, way out in the country. We have an 8,000 acre cattle ranch, and all patriots are welcome.
View Quote
I am just west of you
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’m @ing posters I can think of who’ve been in the Kansas forum and maybe saw this thread about a trip to DC.  Read the update at the top and decide how you want to move forward in the new world we’re facing.  I’m willing to share my info with any of you.  Just contact be by IM on here.  

@GFrancisco

@jhereg

@bowmanch
View Quote

Thanks Lomshek

I'm here in the Johnson Co area.  Been thinking over the last many years to get my HAM license, after seeing how people are getting squashed on the internet; my interest is moving up to get my license so I can share info.

Between Work, going back to school, family and now the need to get in some other shape than round; meetups will be tough.  Contribute where I can.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Posting updated info here for anyone who misses the updated OP.

Update Jan 11, 2021 10:58PM

Arfcom has already been shut down once.  There's no telling when AWS or one or all of our ISP's will try and kill it again.  We have to establish an off site comms method if we want to retain the connections we have here.  It's good to have solid 2A friends you can rely on if things get spicy both in your area and around the state.

We have to trust someone to be the keeper of contact info and unless someone else wants the job I'm nominating myself.  It requires trusting me but I don't see any other way and the likelihood of losing arfcom is pretty high at the rate things are going.  Besides being on arfcom for a long time I’m a Project Appleseed shoot boss and ran USPSA matches for almost 10 years with contact lists from both of those organizations and have managed to not screw up any of that.

Here's the info I'm asking everyone to share.  If you don't want to include your name (screen name at least) that's OK but your phone number will be used to establish a text group on one of the encrypted apps and email will be the non-secure back up.  I don't know if the text apps will work with a google voice number.  Location can be a city, county or metro area (or blank).

Please email it to me at [email protected] instead of using the site IM system.  They shut us down once and can do it again rendering the IM system useless.

Screen name:
Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share: (Yes or No)

I'll have the only master list access for now and can coordinate small regional group or large group email or encrypted text discussion on Signal or Telegram.  I have both apps on my phone and recommend getting both because different groups use each.  For those OK with sharing I can email a copy of the contact list to everyone if things are looking bad but don't know how to do that with any kind of security.  For now we'll settle for anonymous texts and you can trade info at meet and greets.

Having a group of capable and trusted people all over the state may come in handy.

I'm working on securing my Ham license and am hoping to start some radio comms sessions with anyone interested.  As we figure that out I'll share more info.

If you have another idea on how to do this that might work better I'm open to anything.

I'll send my info to anyone who sends me their info.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Checking in. JOCO.

My PERSEC is probably compromised at this point but Im still leary of putting my name out there. Would very much like to meet people in person!

How do we organize a group meet wothput getting put on a list?

View Quote

I'm in the same boat, but we have to do something to move forward.  A list makes me nervous as it could be trouble in the wrong hands, but we need to mobilize enough for rallies etc.  If things get really bad,  and I suspect that's coming soon, it won't matter. But having a contact list of people you can trust might.  This site getting knocked offline was really a wakeup.  Ways to organize and being limited daily.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Johnson County with Miami County roots checking in. I'm a part of American Contingency and am vetted through their process. I'm also a member of a couple AC locals group. Currently GMRS licensed with some equipment. I'll gather the KS group names and post them here as there have been a couple meet ups already in case anyone else is on AC but not aware of those groups and wish to join. I think we should not exchange real names but keep monikers; can't be forced to id you if I really don't know who you are.

Guess it's time to get more active.
View Quote

We can take this to IM if distracting,  but is the American Contingency 5 buck add worth it?  I'm a regular member and have been considering it.  
@mr_o
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We can take this to IM if distracting,  but is the American Contingency 5 buck add worth it?  I'm a regular member and have been considering it.  
@mr_o
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Johnson County with Miami County roots checking in. I'm a part of American Contingency and am vetted through their process. I'm also a member of a couple AC locals group. Currently GMRS licensed with some equipment. I'll gather the KS group names and post them here as there have been a couple meet ups already in case anyone else is on AC but not aware of those groups and wish to join. I think we should not exchange real names but keep monikers; can't be forced to id you if I really don't know who you are.

Guess it's time to get more active.

@mr_o

No please keep it here.  I'm curious about them too and what exactly you get.

I like the idea, just not sure about the paid membership aspect.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll let AC speak for themselves. This was one of, if not, their first email.

@jb31 @Lomshek
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
The $5 is optional. I figure $5 isn't breaking the bank to see where this group goes. Plus being a paying member affords you seeing posts that non paying members can't see (think Team vs GD). They worked a deal with a company to do a criminal background check to vette members which I thought was cool. Yeah it cost me $22? but what the hell. That probably steered away rif raf that otherwise would've been the wrong people that we don't need in our fox holes.  They release videos discussing different topics from the legit been there done that spec op guys. There are different sub locals created likely for your area to network and train or learn with. Intel (news) is available.

The only thing that bothered me was Mike's adamant support of Black Rifle Company. But I figured in times like these our list of allies grow short and I'm not yet willing to kick Mike to the curb. He's doing a good thing with helping organize. You can sign for free. Do it and check it out to see if it's for you.

My pure speculation here:
Mike Glover was a Green Beret. As I've come to understand GB help the indigenous population by training and advising. If the commies come to fill power, I think this AC is a cover to have the indigenous framework laid so we can get right to business. Again, my own speculation.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The $5 is optional. I figure $5 isn't breaking the bank to see where this group goes. Plus being a paying member affords you seeing posts that non paying members can't see (think Team vs GD). They worked a deal with a company to do a criminal background check to vette members which I thought was cool. Yeah it cost me $22? but what the hell. That probably steered away rif raf that otherwise would've been the wrong people that we don't need in our fox holes.  They release videos discussing different topics from the legit been there done that spec op guys. There are different sub locals created likely for your area to network and train or learn with. Intel (news) is available.

The only thing that bothered me was Mike's adamant support of Black Rifle Company. But I figured in times like these our list of allies grow short and I'm not yet willing to kick Mike to the curb. He's doing a good thing with helping organize. You can sign for free. Do it and check it out to see if it's for you.

My pure speculation here:
Mike Glover was a Green Beret. As I've come to understand GB help the indigenous population by training and advising. If the commies come to fill power, I think this AC is a cover to have the indigenous framework laid so we can get right to business. Again, my own speculation.
View Quote

Thanks.

If you can fix it the post above this one is not working.  I can't see any images or text.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks.

If you can fix it the post above this one is not working.  I can't see any images or text.
View Quote

Weird. It shows up for me. Let me try again.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Was there anyone at the Topeka rally on the 6th?

I wonder if these protesters have anything to worry about like the DC protesters.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]
@jb31....IM sent....
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wonder if these protesters have anything to worry about like the DC protesters.
View Quote

As far as I could see all the stuff in Topeka was polite and by the law.

Some fake news headlines on the 6th were claiming protesters "took over" the Topeka capitol building but that was untrue.  The protesters were permitted and allowed into the building.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
@Kevv
I was not, but facebook Kansas Rallies and they are the organizer.....they are planning on the 20th as well
WIBW had some news coverage as well....
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some news headlines on the 6th were fake claiming protesters "took over" the Topeka capitol building but that was untrue.  The protesters were permitted and allowed into the building.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some news headlines on the 6th were fake claiming protesters "took over" the Topeka capitol building but that was untrue.  The protesters were permitted and allowed into the building.

Everything was polite and by the law.  I'm not saying I was there, but my friend tells me they were denied access to the building for the first couple of hours, and about 2pm they were allowed in.  Presumably because they had cleared the building and locked most if not all of the interior doors.  Only security and staffers were left behind.

Guns were permitted inside the capitol building so long as they were concealed.

All in all there were probably 500 or so protesters there, and maybe 150 of them inside the building.  my friend left about 230 pm.

Stupidly, my friend rebelled against the mask bullshit, so their face is on every camera in that building.

Edited for opsec.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a free country but my advice would be for anyone thinking about taking part in an openly armed rally in Topeka in the near future to please stay home.  

If you want to go to a non-armed rally to express your distaste in government policies or results go for it.

There are indicators that the feds are licking their chops over the idea of violence to give them justification to crack down.  The dems would love nothing more than to have some outbreak of violence to point to as justification for new laws.  All it would take is a plant starting something or an openly antifa provocateur to try and start something hoping to provoke a response they can point to.

Antifa has proven themselves to be masters of the "I'm not touching you. Why did you hit me?" game of low level almost violent confrontation.  Their goal is to provoke an overreaction which can be made to look like unprovoked, violent aggression by an evil right winger with selectively edited video.  

At this time I don't see any good and lots of potential bad to come from an armed protest.  The protest in Virginia last year was an incredible success because it had a clear goal with solid organization.  The political landscape was very different then.

Just my opinion and worth every dime you paid for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for reaching out.

I’m in Leavenworth County (been here in KS for a couple of years).

Currently only comms capability is cell service and email.

I’m considering obtaining a HAM capable radio receiver.

I look forward to maintaining connection with the team.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's a free country but my advice would be for anyone thinking about taking part in an openly armed rally in Topeka in the near future to please stay home.  

If you want to go to a non-armed rally to express your distaste in government policies or results go for it.

There are indicators that the feds are licking their chops over the idea of violence to give them justification to crack down.  The dems would love nothing more than to have some outbreak of violence to point to as justification for new laws.  All it would take is a plant starting something or an openly antifa provocateur to try and start something hoping to provoke a response they can point to.

Antifa has proven themselves to be masters of the "I'm not touching you. Why did you hit me?" game of low level almost violent confrontation.  Their goal is to provoke an overreaction which can be made to look like unprovoked, violent aggression by an evil right winger with selectively edited video.  

At this time I don't see any good and lots of potential bad to come from an armed protest.  The protest in Virginia last year was an incredible success because it had a clear goal with solid organization.  The political landscape was very different then.

Just my opinion and worth every dime you paid for it.
View Quote

Yes.

"Stay away from crowds"  Uncle Remus, R.I.P.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#23]
OP I know we've met at Millcreek. Appleseed event I believe.

I like your thinking, though I don't like the idea of giving up PERSEC to be on a list.
I have been a ham for many years. Anyone hit me up for radio advice.
I believe everyone should get a ham license and build a grab and go kit for comms.

Also for any of you that are hams or have 2M receive capability in the KC area, check out the Right Wing Wackos Net. It was Sundays @ 9:00 PM 147.27 repeater.
I haven't checked in for some time, but will look for it tonight and update if info is incorrect.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP I know we've met at Millcreek. Appleseed event I believe.

I like your thinking, though I don't like the idea of giving up PERSEC to be on a list.
I have been a ham for many years. Anyone hit me up for radio advice.
I believe everyone should get a ham license and build a grab and go kit for comms.

Also for any of you that are hams or have 2M receive capability in the KC area, check out the Right Wing Wackos Net. It was Sundays @ 9:00 PM 147.27 repeater.
I haven't checked in for some time, but will look for it tonight and update if info is incorrect.
View Quote

Guaranteed we have. I've been at all but one when my kid graduated high school.

Totally understand the reluctance to provide personal info.  

Hoping we can do some get togethers this year and build connections.  I'll post info here as long as arf lasts.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
@lomshek

Emailed you my details. Definitely interested in a Kansas get together and setting up some communications.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top