Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
House bill 3594 2023? (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well the legislative session just started. Seems the houses version of the constitutional carry bill was recalled from the committee and is pending full floor vote at the end of last session.  
This is the same thing that happened with the open carry bill when it passed.

Got the follow email from NRA.

Today, January 9th, the South Carolina Legislature begins its 2024 legislative session in Columbia!

Last year, the South Carolina House passed Constitutional Carry (H. 3594) and sent it over to the Senate to be taken up this year.

The bill is currently awaiting a vote on the Senate floor, so PLEASE contact your South Carolina Senator and urge them to vote “Yes” on H3594, NRA supported Constitutional Carry legislation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#2]
The Mad Mommies and the Black Church Mafia still say "no."

Gotta keep people on the plantation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Some movement;
The bill will be debated on the Senate floor tomorrow.
Call your senator again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#4]
https://x.com/scgunrights/status/1750300780697985439?s=46&t=xzAocZ9cgsqDPxyfs8MWrg

Started debate on the bill today. Typical “Wild West” arguments against it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jlbs009:
https://x.com/scgunrights/status/1750300780697985439?s=46&t=xzAocZ9cgsqDPxyfs8MWrg

Started debate on the bill today. Typical “Wild West” arguments against it.
View Quote

It's always the same group of retards with the same tired and stupid arguments- somehow it hasn't happened in any of the other states that allow it but it'll happen here.  Go play in traffic, morons.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Any updates ? I haven't heard anything since the day before yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Redman556:
Any updates ? I haven't heard anything since the day before yesterday.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Twitter link
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:29:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#8]
FPC

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Passed 2nd reading today. One BS amendment added increasing the penalty for carrying in a posted area. Rinos strike again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Penalties are BS; so few places are actually posted that I don't even pay attention walking into places and have legitimately not noticed a sign before.  Maybe that's why those feeble-minded douchebags at whole foods have one on either door.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Penalties are BS; so few places are actually posted that I don't even pay attention walking into places and have legitimately not noticed a sign before.  Maybe that's why those feeble-minded douchebags at whole foods have one on either door.
View Quote

the Lidl here has a sign about 80 inches high on the glass next to the doors that actually gets blocked when the door opens.. Took me a year of shopping there before I noticed it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The Waffle House in Easley has a yellow square sign on a window that says " No Firearms on Premises." Doesn't have the universal circle slash anywhere. From now on, my late breakfasts will be at the IHOP.

I guess they plan on entrapping the immigrants that don't read English too well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By radioshooter:
The Waffle House in Easley has a yellow square sign on a window that says " No Firearms on Premises." Doesn't have the universal circle slash anywhere. From now on, my late breakfasts will be at the IHOP.

I guess they plan on entrapping the immigrants that don't read English too well.
View Quote

Doesn't meet the official sign requirements (last I heard) so you can still ignore it can't you?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Passed the senate 28-15 today. Goes back to the house to deal with the amendments the senate added.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Passed the senate 28-15 today. Goes back to the house to deal with the amendments the senate added.
View Quote

I dont know what amendments were added or how many. I see posts saying amendment 36 is going to kill it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:09:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#16]
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:

I dont know what amendments were added or how many. I see posts saying amendment 36 is going to kill it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Full text in spoiler below, but
-makes SLED have a CWP class available at least twice a month, per county.
-Makes it so someone without a CWP can get an additional charge if they have a gun during the commission of certain crimes, where someone with with the CWP wouldn’t have the extra charge.
Allows an 18 year old to obtain a CWP permit.

Massey kept saying he was “pro gun but believes training and background checks should be required”. This amendment was his way of incentivizing people to get a CWP.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#17]
SC: SHOCKING: REPUBLICAN ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY FROM BILL

Sen. Chip Campsen’s Amendment Removes Constitutional Carry

The South Carolina Senate displayed a fireworks show as several anti-gun amendments were debated and passed late into the night.

And the jaws’ of gun owners should be on the floor after what happened.

In one of the most shocking moves ever seen in a state capitol, “Republican” Senator Chip Campsen introduced an amendment to remove the Constitutional Carry language from the bill, leaving only increased penalties for gun crimes.

Yes, you read that right, a self-described “avid hunter,” Chip Campsen, sought to remove your freedom to carry a firearm free of government oppression from the bill.

To pile on, other powerful Senate “Republicans,” such as Sen. Stephen Goldfinch, supported this amendment as well.

Constituents of these “Republicans” may want to call and politely ask why they do not support your right to carry a firearm freely.

Sen. Chip Campsen – (803) 212-6340
Sen. Stephen Goldfinch — (803) 212-6172

To be very clear, Sen. Campsen’s amendment failed, albeit narrowly, by a 24-19 vote. Constitutional Carry is alive, for now.

However, this amendment vote does show you which Senators support your constitutional rights, and which — despite what is said on the campaign trail — do not.

While I wish I had more good news to report, two more anti-gun amendments were added, such as a duty to report a lost or stolen firearm and increased penalties for Constitutional Carriers. The latter would effectively create two classes of gun owners with different “privileges” granted to them by the state.

Because of the addition of these amendments, the bill will eventually have to go back to the House of Representatives. It is possible, however, that these amendments could be removed in that chamber.

You can contact both your Senator and Representative here. Tell them the same message, pass clean Constitutional Carry!

In Liberty,

Jordan Stein
Certified Firearms Instructor
Southeast Region Director
Gun Owners of America

CLICK HERE TO TAKE ACTION
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The unfriendly to guns republicans have really been working to get those increased penalties for violating no carry sign provisions.
At least there is a carve out that it doesn't apply to people with a CWP(still a violation like before), but damn up to three years in prison for people that don't have a CWP.

This is kind of a nice change though from that clusterfuck of vehicle rules we had before.(the clusterfuck rules still apply to schools, but you don't need a CWP to park at a school with the firearm in your glove/trunk/compartment anymore)
"Notwithstanding any provision in this section, a person who is not otherwise prohibited by law from carrying a firearm may lawfully store a firearm anywhere in a vehicle whether occupied or unoccupied."

Also no more duty to inform law enforcement when asked for ID.

Also it looks like they tied some graduated penalties into this for repeat offenses, probably what McMaster was after in his state of the state address.

18 year olds can now get CWPs

Can get CWP flair on drivers license now?

They always have to shoehorn some bullshit in there, but overall it's a net positive.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:
The unfriendly to guns republicans have really been working to get those increased penalties for violating no carry sign provisions.
At least there is a carve out that it doesn't apply to people with a CWP(still a violation like before), but damn up to three years in prison for people that don't have a CWP.

This is kind of a nice change though from that clusterfuck of vehicle rules we had before.(the clusterfuck rules still apply to schools, but you don't need a CWP to park at a school with the firearm in your glove/trunk/compartment anymore)
"Notwithstanding any provision in this section, a person who is not otherwise prohibited by law from carrying a firearm may lawfully store a firearm anywhere in a vehicle whether occupied or unoccupied."

Also no more duty to inform law enforcement when asked for ID.

Also it looks like they tied some graduated penalties into this for repeat offenses, probably what McMaster was after in his state of the state address.

18 year olds can now get CWPs

Can get CWP flair on drivers license now?

They always have to shoehorn some bullshit in there, but overall it's a net positive.

View Quote

Agree. Overall an improvement. We should take any win we can get, even if some things are not ideal. We lose rights via incrementalism, so we need to use the same method to move in the right direction.

There are parts I don’t like but hopefully the house will accept and McMaster signs and then we can start the process to remove the parts we don’t like.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Yesterday I received a telephone call/automated message from some organization called "Citizen's Action" or something similar asking me to call my SC House rep as the "Senate is trying to kill constitutional carry by inserting poison pill amendments". I don't ever recall using said phone number in any contact with state/federal reps (I use my cell number). Tone of message was the typical NRA shrillness.

In addition when I try to use GOA's contact page I get an error message saying I cannot use the system for another 7 days as I've already sent them a message.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had the same "7 days" error with the GOA campaign page.  Not only for the current carry bill, but for other federal-level email campaigns they've done.  

The page that GOA pushed yesterday for the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 (UFA) reauthorization was broken or too busy.  It would not load my representatives.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MitchbSC:
I've had the same "7 days" error with the GOA campaign page.  Not only for the current carry bill, but for other federal-level email campaigns they've done.  

The page that GOA pushed yesterday for the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 (UFA) reauthorization was broken or too busy.  It would not load my representatives.
View Quote

Ditto.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Overall, this bill, even with the amendments, is a big win.

For example, you know those magnet mounts to hold a pistol under your dash for instant access? They would be legal with this bill vs the current requirement for the gun to be in a compartment.

My biggest disappointment has been the propaganda and spin coming out of PGR and NAGR. They're using exaggerations and spin to get people (who haven't read the bill themselves) worked into a lather. Why? To draw attention to their organization? Fund raising? Recruiting members?

Stiffer penalties for non-CWP holders who break laws? Law-abiding citizens know that doesn't apply to them.

I want this bill passed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Overall, this bill, even with the amendments, is a big win.

For example, you know those magnet mounts to hold a pistol under your dash for instant access? They would be legal with this bill vs the current requirement for the gun to be in a compartment.

My biggest disappointment has been the propaganda and spin coming out of PGR and NAGR. They're using exaggerations and spin to get people (who haven't read the bill themselves) worked into a lather. Why? To draw attention to their organization? Fund raising? Recruiting members?

Stiffer penalties for non-CWP holders who break laws? Law-abiding citizens know that doesn't apply to them.

I want this bill passed.
View Quote

I agree this should pass. The reality is there are a handful of guys in the R column in the senate who are a pain in the ass at getting a clean pro gun bill through. NAGR and them aren't accounting for how many times they have torpedoed permitless carry. While I would love that amendment to be stripped out by the house, it will likely kill the bill. But, no concealed weapons signs should not carry the force of law. So breaking the law in this case is breaking a law that shouldn't exist. It is no ones business what is in my pants. This goes the wrong way on that and it should be on our agenda to rectify it in the future. The anti carry propaganda will make the proliferation of no carry signs worse, we need to take the teeth out of them.

Since it seems like the only way to get something done with guns is with incrementalism, after this passes, next session they should introduce a bill that makes signs not hold the force of law when carrying concealed, and they only are enforceable against open carry. Then go from there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
The House rejected the ammended Senate bill. They are sending their original bill back. Maybe it’ll make it out of conference.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jlbs009] [#26]
Originally Posted By rock71:
The House rejected the ammended Senate bill. They are sending their original bill back. Maybe it’ll make it out of conference.
View Quote

We’ll see what happens I guess.
This will sound defeatist but I’d rather them concur with the amendment and then work to remove the BS amendments

ETA:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#27]

We'll see what happens I guess.
This will sound defeatist but I'd rather them concur with the amendment and then work to remove the BS amendments

ETA:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429115/IMG_7084_jpeg-3122672.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rock71:
The House rejected the ammended Senate bill. They are sending their original bill back. Maybe it'll make it out of conference.

We'll see what happens I guess.
This will sound defeatist but I'd rather them concur with the amendment and then work to remove the BS amendments

ETA:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429115/IMG_7084_jpeg-3122672.JPG

Yeah, I'm pretty split about it. Practically, it seems like it will just end in another year without permitless carry. Ideologically, the house is right, but the senate has always been the problem. Oh well, here's hopin'!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#28]
It's dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
House sent the bill back to the senate today without the amendments.
Call your senators and tell them to pass a clean bill.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#32]
My shocked face.    Weak soy bastards.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#33]
So is this officially dead now? If so we should have just passed what we could and fixed it later.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
So is this officially dead now? If so we should have just passed what we could and fixed it later.
View Quote

Maybe, maybe not- we have seen a huge influx of lefties from other states as SC has attracted more industry (and I'd bet dollars to donuts with the help of lefty organizations) and we're increasingly seeing them get involved in politics, trying to change things to the way they were in the failing/failed states they fled.  I know we've made a lot of good strides, but between the homegrown retards (democrats and RINO/Fudds) and the invaders, I'm not sure if accepting some of these compromises and then hoping to change them later is a good plan.  JMHO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Sucks to hear you guys won't be getting constitutional carry.

The SC Senate has some serious cunts that need to be kicked out in the next Republican primaries.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Maybe, maybe not- we have seen a huge influx of lefties from other states as SC has attracted more industry (and I'd bet dollars to donuts with the help of lefty organizations) and we're increasingly seeing them get involved in politics, trying to change things to the way they were in the failing/failed states they fled.  I know we've made a lot of good strides, but between the homegrown retards (democrats and RINO/Fudds) and the invaders, I'm not sure if accepting some of these compromises and then hoping to change them later is a good plan.  JMHO.
View All Quotes

Are opponents are taking compromises and thats how theyre winning. Taking anything they can get. Like hicap mag bans. Wanting 10, but taking 15, then working to 10, then ny has what 7 rounds. The only comprises were what different penalties for cwp and noncwp holders?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Are opponents are taking compromises and thats how theyre winning. Taking anything they can get. Like hicap mag bans. Wanting 10, but taking 15, then working to 10, then ny has what 7 rounds. The only comprises were what different penalties for cwp and noncwp holders?
View All Quotes

I'm not disagreeing with you, especially on this particular bill, I think we're basically saying the same thing- we keep compromising with this archaic idea that we'll fix what we don't like in the future.  Occasionally that works, but as you noted, they keep incrementalizing (is that a word?) us to get what they want. Worse, they use that compromise to say it's set some sort of "precedent".  I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not in politics so I don't know what the answers are.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Newz says that the house has again rejected the Senate version of the bill to which was added a poison pill amendment giving nearly limitless carry privileges to legislators because as we all know they're special.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Newz says that the house has again rejected the Senate version of the bill to which was added a poison pill amendment giving nearly limitless carry privileges to legislators because as we all know they're special.
View Quote

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By danelen:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By danelen:
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Funny (and not in the haha way), the same quote ran through my head when I read that.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Committee voted on it today. Less punishment for CWP holders who carry into posted areas remained in the bill.
It passed the committee and goes to the house and senate for a yes / no vote. No additional amendments can be added. If a majority say yes in the senate and house, it goes to the governor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#42]
House passed it already. Now waiting on the senate (again).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#43]
House passed it already. Now waiting on the senate (again).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429115/IMG_7324_jpeg-3150234.JPG
View Quote

Is there any reason to believe Massey has changed his mind? He seems to be the lynchpin of the opposition. Our younger version of Mitch McConnell.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Is there any reason to believe Massey has changed his mind? He seems to be the lynchpin of the opposition. Our younger version of Mitch McConnell.
View Quote

No way to know what the rino will do. In theory, his BS amendment is still in the bill and he was on the conference committee so he could if joined the dems against it there, but who knows.  A couple of SC 2a groups on Twitter seem to think the senate will pass it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Crossed fingers
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Did the house actually improve the bill in any way? I haven't taken the time to compare it to the last draft.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Did the house actually improve the bill in any way? I haven't taken the time to compare it to the last draft.
View Quote

They did remove some of the BS, but the big one stayed in keeping two different penalties for CWP holder vs a non-CWP holder.  Looks like the senate is voting today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:42:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#49]

They did remove some of the BS, but the big one stayed in keeping two different penalties for CWP holder vs a non-CWP holder.  Looks like the senate is voting today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429115/IMG_7325_jpeg-3150862.JPG
View All Quotes

Have you got a link that summarizes this or do you know what these are off the top of your head?  I'm confused as to which version they're pushing right now and the local media is basically no help, just the usual obfuscation and doomsaying (western gunfights in the streets and the same police officers and democrats we always see who oppose any loosening of restrictions) without any actual info.  If I'm reading it right, the penalties only apply to non-CWP holders who repeatedly violate the No-CWP locations rule.  

I'm sure that PoS Keel is furious that they are talking about having to offer free classes.  He needs to move to NY, California or somewhere that better suites his type.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Have you got a link that summarizes this or do you know what these are off the top of your head?  I'm confused as to which version they're pushing right now and the local media is basically no help, just the usual obfuscation and doomsaying (western gunfights in the streets and the same police officers and democrats we always see who oppose any loosening of restrictions) without any actual info.  If I'm reading it right, the penalties only apply to non-CWP holders who repeatedly violate the No-CWP locations rule.  

I'm sure that PoS Keel is furious that they are talking about having to offer free classes.  He needs to move to NY, California or somewhere that better suites his type.
View All Quotes

This taking away valuable SLED time covering up for corrupt sheriffs and legislators.
Page / 4
House bill 3594 2023? (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top