Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazie social experiment at Total Wine tonight with social distancing based on square footage in the spirits side at 10 minutes to 7 PM.  Lots of worried people in the front lobby.  I should have gone to Greene's but had a Total Whine rewards coupon to burn.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
In Sumter THE PANDEMIC IS OVER! Well, you'd get that idea given the traffic today. Simpsons Hardware (which is Sumter's main LGS) had no parking mid-day...folks were parking out on the street in front of the store.

I was in there Friday and watched a steady stream of people coming in looking for ammo (they have none).
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
In Sumter THE PANDEMIC IS OVER! Well, you'd get that idea given the traffic today. Simpsons Hardware (which is Sumter's main LGS) had no parking mid-day...folks were parking out on the street in front of the store. 

I was in there Friday and watched a steady stream of people coming in looking for ammo (they have none).
View Quote

I am curious about any spike in cases in Sumter, where they come from, activities of the patients etc.  

Wanna bet, medical professionals, nursing home residents etc.  If people were going to get it through casual contact the cashiers at Simpson's would be dead by now.  Hell, they would be dead all over the place but they aren't.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Doug Gilliam from Union County posted this morning on FB:

All, the governor has just announced starting Monday morning, restaurants can open for indoor dining at 50% of occupancy rated capacity if owners choose to do that. There will be some requirements as hand sanitizer at doors, no condiments at tables until they ask. Like salt, ketsup, wiping down door knobs, tables 6 to 8 ft apart, etc. All rules for boating have been lifted and go back to before restrictions, as long as no health risk.
He will make an announcement on Monday concerning barber shops and salons and gyms.
View Quote

I highlighted the last line.  Guessing no moar than one client per stylist, no one waiting in lobby, gloves/masks, sanitize after each client, one-time use of capes....
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Until you catch it, then you are in the SHIT!
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Smokey99:
Until you catch it, then you are in the SHIT!
View Quote

I think it has been well documented that many had “something” late 2019 early 20 that tested negative for flu. I think the corona has been around for some time. I don’t think you are in the shit anymore than the usual flu. Fatal for some, inconvenience for others. This has been Orson Welles style hoax on America.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By d16man:

Seconded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 603Born:
Originally Posted By JamPo:
Originally Posted By Smokey99:
Until you catch it, then you are in the SHIT!

I think it has been well documented that many had “something” late 2019 early 20 that tested negative for flu. I think the corona has been around for some time. I don’t think you are in the shit anymore than the usual flu. Fatal for some, inconvenience for others. This has been Orson Welles style hoax on America.

Agreed.

Seconded.

Thirded.

My next door neighbors had a bad case of something in early January that exhibited all the Covid-19 symptoms, dry cough, high fever, etc. They all tested negative for regular flu. The two adults were sick for a full week, their two daughters only for a day or so. Never tested for C-19. I have heard of others in my circle of friends/family that had the same type of illness in late December to January time frame. It would be very interesting if all those flu test samples could be re-tested for c-19.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone in the Upstate wants to be tested for some reason, there's free tests in Spartanburg for the next three days.  I'm pretty sure it's just active virus test, not the antibody tests that I wish we could all get.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:
If anyone in the Upstate wants to be tested for some reason, there's free tests in Spartanburg for the next three days.  I'm pretty sure it's just active virus test, not the antibody tests that I wish we could all get.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/96140661_1334153216782510_3767755722499031040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=qCf4wEZS2IgAX-wsPym&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=0c83157ee06900f9383a48ac5f1f73ec&oe=5EDF47FB
View Quote

Antibody test?  So what, how would that change your behaviors?  There is no proof that getting it once makes you immune for life.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Douchebags new rules for salons here (PDF)

here is the KICKER....from the very last paragraph!

It is very important that all members of this industry understand that while these guidelines are
voluntary
, it is in everyone’s best interest to diligently follow them as we move to re-open our
economy and keep it open. All employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthy
workplace.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SCWolverine:
Douchebags new rules for salons here (PDF)

here is the KICKER....from the very last paragraph!

View Quote

You make your choices.  He made that very clear in every statement.  

Dude, it is on you to ensure your patrons' and staff are protected.  If he said it was mandatory and someone caught it, the sick folks would blame the guidance and sue the state.  By providing guidance and not making it required it puts the onus on the business owner to provide the safe environment and the patrons to pick places they feel best address their personal safety requirements.  

I felt the Gov. got it right this briefing.  He sounded like a Republican, it was VERY clear it was up to the individual to make their choices and not for the government to dictate how we live our lives.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t see a date? Order is not up yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Starts one week from today,  Monday May 18.  Gyms, salons, pools, playgrounds, etc all open.
View Quote

My son is a Lifeguard and swim coach during his summers off from UofSC.  He is waiting on the call.  Crazy, he may go back to work before I do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#17]
the guidelines as stated are nearly a carbon copy of what is already mandated by the LLR.  Why it takes another week to be allowed what we're already doing is beyond me
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Where's my massage I mean, coffee?

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#20]

McMaster is a dipshit.  I will vote for someone else in the primary.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#21]
My kid the lifeguard/swim coach went to work today.

Pool will only allow 40 people in, no swim team this year, adjustments made to swim classes.

Hey, the municipal pools are opening up next week or so.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#23]
My "self sharpening" hair clippers aren't worth a crap. I might as well use a butter knife.

When Gov. Leghorn shut down hair salons and barbershops I was already overdue for a haircut. Since then my hair has morphed numerous times:

Stage 1: Long overdue for a haircut hair
Stage 2: Rockstar Hair (briefest stage...one day)
Stage 3: Doc Brown on a bad hair day hair
Stage 4: Creepy Guy Selling Shit In Walmart Parking Lot hair

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#24]
From a guest perspective things seem relatively "open" in the Clemson area, hotel isnt full but there seems to be a decent number of cars in the lot, went out to eat at a few places, indoor & outdoor seating with tables spaced apart, not packed but people seem out and about.

I need some good BBQ recommendations in the Clemson/Seneca/Oconee area
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hking:
From a guest perspective things seem relatively "open" in the Clemson area, hotel isnt full but there seems to be a decent number of cars in the lot, went out to eat at a few places, indoor & outdoor seating with tables spaced apart, not packed but people seem out and about.

I need some good BBQ recommendations in the Clemson/Seneca/Oconee area
View Quote

The Smokin' Pig on Clemson Blvd in Pendleton is one most people love.  Sardi's Den in Clemson always had good ribs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Did McMaster just add two weeks the the DOE?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Did McMaster just add two weeks the the DOE?
View Quote

DOE?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ErikS:

DOE?
View Quote

Declaration of emergency.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Declaration of emergency.
View Quote

He is playing a money game with Feds. No doubt about it.  

The state is busy everywhere but restaurants, which are still limited and have some startup time to get back.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#31]

The Smokin' Pig on Clemson Blvd in Pendleton is one most people love.  Sardi's Den in Clemson always had good ribs.
View Quote

Smoking pig x2
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Its exactly what he is doing.  He is swamp to the core.  Give us $$.
View Quote

I don't want the money but SCWolverine sounds like he could use it.  

Right now I think the restart is a good balance.  My wife's hair dresser is taking appointments now using the new safety protocols.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]

I bet it goes into the states coffers and not out to those who truly need it...
View Quote

Not really. For one, CARES money can’t be spent on lost revenue. It can only be spent on C19 related expenses. Plus, I think it has to be spent by December, but don’t quote me on that part.

Also, I think that as a part of the Continuing Resolution that was passed this week, the General Assembly has decided to appropriate Federal relief funds. That should make for a shit show, but it isn’t on the Governor if that’s the case.

One thing that you can almost guarantee is that we’ll see a big push for rural broadband internet, since there are tens of thousands of students that haven’t been heard from since schools closed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Our situation was exasperated by the fact my bride had fought cancer for 12 mo before returning to work for 2 weeks and then being forced shut by His Majesty (single income/homeschool 5 kids). In other words we had no income for a year.

Speaking of money. My bride has been a salon owner and lead stylist for 21+ years.  The States part of the 'Unemployment' was $131./week.

That's less than 1/2 of what most clients pay/service.

We skipped the PPP/e money because there were too many strings attached and for only 1 employee (her) we determined it was not worth it.

We didn't/don't want assistance (Uncle Sugars $) we only want the opportunity to operate our business as protected (we thought) by the State and Federal Constitution's.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#37]
The following is from a cosmetology CE group....

COSMETOLOGY INDUSTRY EMPLOYERS Re-opening Guidelines
These guidelines are intended for application in non-health care related places of employment. The foundation guidelines for businesses and employers remain the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
General Guidelines that Apply to All:

Each employer is responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace. All employers must determine how best to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. In order to re-open and successfully remain open for business, everyone individually and collectively must actively participate in the following core recommendations:

1. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF SOMEONE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES?
    ANSWER: YOU WILL GO TO JAIL WE HAVE SEEN THAT IN COLUMBIA SC AND DALLAS TEXAS.
Self-isolation – if you are sick, stay home;
Practice social distancing of at least six feet distance to the greatest extent possible;
Wash hands frequently (20 seconds with soap and water or use of a sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol);
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (e.g., keyboards, phones) and surfaces (e.g., handrails, workstations, sinks) and remove unnecessary frequently touched surfaces (e.g., trash can lids);
Avoid touching of eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
Strongly consider wearing a cloth face covering when it is difficult to practice social distancing (do not use on children under two years old, people with difficulty breathing or people who cannot remove the mask themselves);
Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and throw used tissues away immediately after use;
Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices or other work tools and equipment when possible, or disinfect them before and after use; and
Minimize the use of soft surfaces like cloth-covered chairs or area rugs that are more difficult to clean or disinfect.
Guidelines Specifically for Cosmetology Industry Employers:
In addition to the above safe-practices, the Cosmetology Industry recommends that compliance with the following, additional guidelines will further minimize the potential for transmission and spread of COVID-19.
Waiting/Reception:
Create and implement a digital check-in process if possible.
o i.e. Client can check-in via phone, website, or mobile app
Limit the number of clients in the waiting area (eliminate if possible, allowing only customers to be serviced in the salon at any given time).
o Rearrange waiting area so as to maintain 6 feet between seats.
Develop a schedule for cleaning frequently touched surfaces such as the check-in countertop, shared writing utensils, and the main door handle.
o i.e. Wipe all these surfaces with a disinfectant wipe every hour.
If the weather is nice, consider leaving the front door propped open. This will help increase air exchanges in the establishment and eliminate the need for customers to touch the door handle when entering/exiting.
Providing Services (Before/During/After):
Prior to providing any services, make sure the service area is clean – including all surfaces, devices, linens, and tools.
Do not place clients at adjacent stations, if possible. If space allows, have an empty station between each client.
Limit the number of clients being seen by any given stylist at one time and in the salon at one time to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Staff should wear an apron or smock and change after each client.
Staff should wear gloves (if possible) and dispose of them after each client.
Staff should wash hands prior to beginning work on a client and between clients if seeing more than one client at a time.
Staff should strongly consider wearing a face mask or cloth face covering while in close contact (less than six feet distance) with a client.
Talk openly with clients about the situation and be attentive to their concerns.
Upon service completion, wipe chair, hair washing sink, and all used devices/tools with disinfecting wipe (or equivalent disinfecting spray and cloth), remove all used linens, and discard all used non-reusable items prior to the next client.
Check out:
Explore digital pre-payment at the time appointment is scheduled or during a digital check-in/check-out process.
Where payment must occur at a register, encourage the client to use hand sanitizer prior to touching a shared writing utensil, credit card keypad, or other shared equipment. Consider keying the number yourself to avoid client touching the keypad.
Wipe checkout counter, utensils, and equipment after a transaction is complete. Cleaning (End of the Day):
• Devices/Tools –
o Wipe down all surfaces of the device, tool, case and/or containers used for the
service
o After fully cleaning the entire device/tool (electrodes, tips, handles, etc.) place it
in a closed container marked "clean."
o Empty your steamer at the end of every day.
o Disinfect the interior of your hot cabinet and leave the door open to dry.
• Surfaces
o While cleaning surfaces, spray it with an EPA registered disinfectant (bacterial, virucidal, and fungicidal). Be sure to leave the surface wet for the full contact time listed on the label.
o Wipe it down. Use paper towels to wipe the surface clean, and then discard the paper towels in a closed trash container.
o Wipe down product bottles with a disinfectant wipe (or equivalent listed above)
o Mop the floor. A disposable floor cleaner (i.e. Swifter) can be used. • Linens
o Use bleach or a different EPA registered disinfectant laundry additive. Follow the manufacturer instructions for the correct water temperature.
o Place linens in the dryer immediately after the wash cycle is done. Do not leave the linens in the washer overnight.
o Fold the clean linens and place them in closed cabinets or other storage areas marked clean.
o Launder uniforms nightly. Multiple uniforms or smocks will be needed if laundry cannot be performed daily.
Signs:
• Create signage for employees and members of the public regarding your safety and hygiene practices. This serves as a good reminder for employees and instills confidence in the public.
Training:
• All employees should be trained on the safety and hygiene practices including but not limited to:
o Donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE).
o Use of disinfecting and/or sanitizing agents to clean surfaces, devices, and linens. o Any newly established workplace policy or procedure to minimize the spread of
COVID-19 It is very important that all members of this industry understand that while these guidelines are voluntary, it is in everyone’s best interest to diligently follow them as we move to re-open our economy and keep it open. All employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace.

NOW IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE SAFE AND HEALTHY WORKPLACES. WHEN THIS BEGAN IT WAS THE STATES RESPONSIBILITY.
WHY ARE WE NOW RESPONSIBLE?
View Quote

no emphasis added, posted as received
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SCWolverine:
The following is from a cosmetology CE group....

COSMETOLOGY INDUSTRY EMPLOYERS Re-opening Guidelines
These guidelines are intended for application in non-health care related places of employment. The foundation guidelines for businesses and employers remain the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
General Guidelines that Apply to All:

Each employer is responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace. All employers must determine how best to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. In order to re-open and successfully remain open for business, everyone individually and collectively must actively participate in the following core recommendations:

1. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF SOMEONE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES?
     ANSWER: YOU WILL GO TO JAIL WE HAVE SEEN THAT IN COLUMBIA SC AND DALLAS TEXAS.
 Self-isolation – if you are sick, stay home;
Practice social distancing of at least six feet distance to the greatest extent possible;
Wash hands frequently (20 seconds with soap and water or use of a sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol);
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (e.g., keyboards, phones) and surfaces (e.g., handrails, workstations, sinks) and remove unnecessary frequently touched surfaces (e.g., trash can lids);
Avoid touching of eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
Strongly consider wearing a cloth face covering when it is difficult to practice social distancing (do not use on children under two years old, people with difficulty breathing or people who cannot remove the mask themselves);
Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and throw used tissues away immediately after use;
Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices or other work tools and equipment when possible, or disinfect them before and after use; and
Minimize the use of soft surfaces like cloth-covered chairs or area rugs that are more difficult to clean or disinfect.
Guidelines Specifically for Cosmetology Industry Employers:
In addition to the above safe-practices, the Cosmetology Industry recommends that compliance with the following, additional guidelines will further minimize the potential for transmission and spread of COVID-19.
Waiting/Reception:
Create and implement a digital check-in process if possible.
o i.e. Client can check-in via phone, website, or mobile app
Limit the number of clients in the waiting area (eliminate if possible, allowing only customers to be serviced in the salon at any given time).
o Rearrange waiting area so as to maintain 6 feet between seats.
Develop a schedule for cleaning frequently touched surfaces such as the check-in countertop, shared writing utensils, and the main door handle.
o i.e. Wipe all these surfaces with a disinfectant wipe every hour.
If the weather is nice, consider leaving the front door propped open. This will help increase air exchanges in the establishment and eliminate the need for customers to touch the door handle when entering/exiting.
Providing Services (Before/During/After):
Prior to providing any services, make sure the service area is clean – including all surfaces, devices, linens, and tools.
Do not place clients at adjacent stations, if possible. If space allows, have an empty station between each client.
Limit the number of clients being seen by any given stylist at one time and in the salon at one time to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Staff should wear an apron or smock and change after each client.
Staff should wear gloves (if possible) and dispose of them after each client.
Staff should wash hands prior to beginning work on a client and between clients if seeing more than one client at a time.
Staff should strongly consider wearing a face mask or cloth face covering while in close contact (less than six feet distance) with a client.
Talk openly with clients about the situation and be attentive to their concerns.
Upon service completion, wipe chair, hair washing sink, and all used devices/tools with disinfecting wipe (or equivalent disinfecting spray and cloth), remove all used linens, and discard all used non-reusable items prior to the next client.
Check out:
Explore digital pre-payment at the time appointment is scheduled or during a digital check-in/check-out process.
Where payment must occur at a register, encourage the client to use hand sanitizer prior to touching a shared writing utensil, credit card keypad, or other shared equipment. Consider keying the number yourself to avoid client touching the keypad.
Wipe checkout counter, utensils, and equipment after a transaction is complete. Cleaning (End of the Day):
• Devices/Tools –
o Wipe down all surfaces of the device, tool, case and/or containers used for the
service
o After fully cleaning the entire device/tool (electrodes, tips, handles, etc.) place it
in a closed container marked "clean."
o Empty your steamer at the end of every day.
o Disinfect the interior of your hot cabinet and leave the door open to dry.
• Surfaces
o While cleaning surfaces, spray it with an EPA registered disinfectant (bacterial, virucidal, and fungicidal). Be sure to leave the surface wet for the full contact time listed on the label.
o Wipe it down. Use paper towels to wipe the surface clean, and then discard the paper towels in a closed trash container.
o Wipe down product bottles with a disinfectant wipe (or equivalent listed above)
o Mop the floor. A disposable floor cleaner (i.e. Swifter) can be used. • Linens
o Use bleach or a different EPA registered disinfectant laundry additive. Follow the manufacturer instructions for the correct water temperature.
o Place linens in the dryer immediately after the wash cycle is done. Do not leave the linens in the washer overnight.
o Fold the clean linens and place them in closed cabinets or other storage areas marked clean.
o Launder uniforms nightly. Multiple uniforms or smocks will be needed if laundry cannot be performed daily.
Signs:
• Create signage for employees and members of the public regarding your safety and hygiene practices. This serves as a good reminder for employees and instills confidence in the public.
Training:
• All employees should be trained on the safety and hygiene practices including but not limited to:
o Donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE).
o Use of disinfecting and/or sanitizing agents to clean surfaces, devices, and linens. o Any newly established workplace policy or procedure to minimize the spread of
COVID-19 It is very important that all members of this industry understand that while these guidelines are voluntary, it is in everyone’s best interest to diligently follow them as we move to re-open our economy and keep it open. All employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace.

NOW IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE SAFE AND HEALTHY WORKPLACES. WHEN THIS BEGAN IT WAS THE STATES RESPONSIBILITY. 
WHY ARE WE NOW RESPONSIBLE? 
View Quote

It was always the business’s responsibility to provide a safe service. The state provided rules were followed or the business was fined or shut down. The only difference now is no fines if they don’t adhere to the guidelines.

If I got lice at the barbershop I would go after the shop not the state. No matter if it was now or pre-covid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#39]
That whole post was a quote, but my phone didn't allow to make it a quote? ... I'll correct and add quotes when I get my PC back out
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Found this today in the accelerateSC opening...

These efforts should prioritize protecting the most vulnerable citizens, including senior adults, residents in rural communities, lower income communities, minority communities, persons with chronic disease and weakened immune systems. Additional efforts should include plans for statewide implementation of increased disease and immunity testing, as well as, contact tracing.

Guidelines Specifically for Fitness Centers, Gyms & YMCA CentersIn addition to the above safe-practices, the Associations affiliated with Fitness Centers, Gyms & YMCA Centers recommend that compliance with the following additional guidelines will further minimize the potential for transmission and spread of COVID-19.
Entering the Building
Staff & members will utilize one way entrance and exit.
Staff & members will have temperature taken immediately upon entering the facility.
Temperature should be recorded for the employee and the member for the purpose of contact tracing.
Temperature must be below 100.4 degrees in order to be allowed to enter, work or participate in activities at the facility.
Anyone with known exposure to COVID-19 or who has tested positive for COVID-19 should do the following before returning to the facility:

a. Inform supervisor of the facility of your symptoms.
b. Contact your healthcare provider immediately and get screened to be
tested for COVID-19. Keep track of your symptoms.
c. Self-isolate at home. When you are without fever for at least 72 hours
without the use of medication & all other symptoms have improved and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared, then seek testing for a negative result from a COVID-19 test or a written statement of good health from a doctor.
d. If positive, complete the isolation steps above and be re-tested before returning to facility.
Staffing
Staff will:
 Receive training prior to coming back to work on new procedures & protocols ;
Be strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves at all times as provisions are availabl
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#42]
It's not like I carried my phone around with me all the time before this.  Most people confuse need with want and don't actually need their phone with them all of the time despite whatever goofy excuses they give.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#43]

I really don't like the idea of that contact tracing.
View Quote

Seems kind of important to me for this particular issue.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't like the idea of that contact tracing.

Nope
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Seems kind of important to me for this particular issue.
View All Quotes

I agree completely.  Y'all do know that it has been done for STDs for YEARS.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Why is that?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Why is that?
View All Quotes

Why is that?

You do realize to track a disease we have to know the vectors.  

I wish they would tell us the backgrounds of the people who get it.  Are they medical workers or first responders?  Boneheads licking carts at Walmart?  Average joes that aren't doing anything PPE wise etc.

If PPE helps then the data would support it.  If all sick folks are in the medical facilities or nursing homes, then we stay away from those areas.

Right now they want us to think everything and everyone is equally dangerous and that can't be true.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#48]

I agree completely.  Y'all do know that it has been done for STDs for YEARS.
View All Quotes

I agree completely.  Y'all do know that it has been done for STDs for YEARS.

So this means we know where Dick! Harpootlian has been all this time?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#49]

You do realize to track a disease we have to know the vectors.  

I wish they would tell us the backgrounds of the people who get it.  Are they medical workers or first responders?  Boneheads licking carts at Walmart?  Average joes that aren't doing anything PPE wise etc. 

If PPE helps then the data would support it.  If all sick folks are in the medical facilities or nursing homes, then we stay away from those areas. 

Right now they want us to think everything and everyone is equally dangerous and that can't be true. 
View Quote

All that may be true. But he said “this particular case.” How is this any different than other outbreaks? 1957 H2N2. 1968 H3N2. 1997 H5N1 (avian).  2009 H1N1.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#50]
For contagious diseases, Health Departments in all? states do contract tracing. I contracted TB in 1960 and the county Health Dept did contact tracing.

I also had similar regimen to follow. Plus all dishes I ate/drank from were kept and washed separately. I was allowed to continue college classes with social distancing.

However the TB came back in 1968 as drug resistant and surgery removed 2/3 of my right lung. Y'all keep safe and respect social distancing!
Page / 5
Top Top