Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 9:24:58 AM EDT
I have to stay there a few days for Thanksgiving with my liberal doctor (he's a good infectious disease doctor if you are looking for one) brother in law.  Ranges, places to shoot?  Anyone need a whitetail shot?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There are only a few guys on here that call Flotown home.

There is not a lot to do in Florence. And over Thanksgiving, it will likely be chaotic with shopping.

A couple gun stores that are not "that" impressive. You are only 1.5 hours from PSA.

Ranges... I dont know, but I think there is an outdoor range. I know nothing about it.

Turkey week is hectic at my house with multiple family events. Otherwise, I would invite you for shooting/hunting in the back yard.

Good luck on your doc visit and time here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There's in indoor range Blueline on Cashua. Never been there, but hear it's ok as indoor ranges go.

Doc's Firearms are good people, and most times are on par or even under online prices on guns.

Apple Annies is a good pub style place to eat, good food, specially sammiches. Red Bone and Percy & Willis are also good places to eat, but expect a wait during peak times, specially that weekend. 

Laser tag off Irby Street if you have kids(or are big kid). 

Not a big city by any means, but decent mid sized city with a fair amount of things to do in and around it. Some decent state and county parks within fairly close driving range with river and creek access.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are only a few guys on here that call Flotown home.

There is not a lot to do in Florence. And over Thanksgiving, it will likely be chaotic with shopping.

A couple gun stores that are not "that" impressive. You are only 1.5 hours from PSA.

Ranges... I dont know, but I think there is an outdoor range. I know nothing about it.

Turkey week is hectic at my house with multiple family events. Otherwise, I would invite you for shooting/hunting in the back yard.

Good luck on your doc visit and time here.
View Quote
Thanks, man!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's in indoor range Blueline on Cashua. Never been there, but hear it's ok as indoor ranges go.

Doc's Firearms are good people, and most times are on par or even under online prices on guns.

Apple Annies is a good pub style place to eat, good food, specially sammiches. Red Bone and Percy & Willis are also good places to eat, but expect a wait during peak times, specially that weekend. 

Laser tag off Irby Street if you have kids(or are big kid). 

Not a big city by any means, but decent mid sized city with a fair amount of things to do in and around it. Some decent state and county parks within fairly close driving range with river and creek access.
View Quote
Was hoping for an outdoor place to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah the only outdoor I know of fairy close to Florence is the Wildlife Action range. Pretty nice place, but gotta be a member. I let mine lapse, but been thinking of reupping. If I do you're more than welcome to go as a guest. Think a guest is like $5.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I can tell from this thread that there are some good people in SC

Again, if you or any of yours need to know the name of a good infectious disease doc in SC, let me know.  My brother in law really is good at his job.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Phoenix covered most of it. I've shot at Blue Line, it's a pretty nice facility but no rapid fire or such.

Depending on my schedule that week I may have some time to shoot. I build long range rifles so most of my gear is oriented toward LR competition, but I do have a full auto PCC too.

I think they're having a full auto demo day near Camden that Saturday too, although it may be the following Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I will be there sooner or later, but I got out of thanksgiving.  Woohoo! Nothing against SC, just the brother in law
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top