Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked South Carolina Gun Shops (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fokkfess:

I went to Sharpshooters a few days ago to work a trade.  First, the only person who could do any trading was not available.  Second, what they show online (pricewise and in stock) does not match what they have in store.  I guess they share the same business model with CTD where they claim the brick and mortar store and the online store are different business lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fokkfess:
Originally Posted By wanderson:
Last few years most of my money has been going to Sharpshooters on Rutherford Rd. (good prices on guns and cheap indoor range rates).

I went to Sharpshooters a few days ago to work a trade.  First, the only person who could do any trading was not available.  Second, what they show online (pricewise and in stock) does not match what they have in store.  I guess they share the same business model with CTD where they claim the brick and mortar store and the online store are different business lines.

I noticed that, was there about a month ago looking for a 9mm Shield and they told me they were out, but checked their online inventory and it showed a 9mm Shield in stock. I'm assuming I could have ordered one online and have it sent to the store but if I'm doing that I'll find an online dealer and do a transfer and save some cash. PSA does the same, but considering they have multiple stores I can understand why my local store may not have what's shown online.

BTW I came across a gun shop called Upstate Armory Group in Simpsonville, good selection of guns, ARs & parts, good prices. I bought a Magpul D60 drum for $130 and a buddy snagged one of their 16" midlength uppers w/free float rail for $300 and a nickel boron BCG for $125.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Rich is a great fellow to talk with about guns and problems associated with them. I had him fix a PSA PA-10 that was not working right and I got no satisfaction from CS at PSA.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Rich is a great fellow to talk with about guns and problems associated with them. I had him fix a PSA PA-10 that was not working right and I got no satisfaction from CS at PSA.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Lexington Guns and Range off of Hwy 378
Guys are pretty down to earth and fair prices.

FFL Transfer fees for $25
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:

View Quote

Are you referring to Defender Shooting Sports at 146 Litton Drive in Lexington?

www.defenderrange.com

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

www.defenderrange.com

View All Quotes

www.defenderrange.com

No sir, they are not too far away from them.
http://lexingtonguns378.com/
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:01:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#7]
From your post count I'm tempted to call shill poontang.

I was in there today. Same outrageously overpriced inventory. I saw many of the same guns I saw in there 21 years ago and the prices haven't been lowered so much as a cent. $800 for a j-frame. WTF?  Ruger LC9s for $469? Brand new cans of smokeless powder likely neckbearded from Simpsons and the asking price doubled.

Different FFL same bullshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LAWBREAKER:
Jim's Gun Shop in Sumter has re-opened on a temporary basis by the son and daughter of the deceased former owner.

The ATF has directed the surviving family members to sell off the remaining inventory during the time remaining on the old man's FFL - TWO YEARS. All firearm sales must be done with a 4478 including any guns from the old man's house (stuff he purchased for cash and didn't log into the store's log book) and the store is not permitted to purchase any firearms from the public.

Suggestion: if you go there have cash in hand and deal hard. With any luck they won't be as bullheaded as the old man was. Expect to find a lot of junk.

ETA: I haven't seen this store open in the past 2 weeks.
I stopped by Jim's for the first time. I met Jim's daughter and asked about the store closing. She informed me that she has her FFL and it's business as usual. The store will not be closing. I like to see smaller shops doing well. I paid fair prices and left pleased. For you Tier 1 fellas, I didn't see body armor, night vision, or imitation crab meat. Stop by and support the smaller shops in your area.
From your post count I'm tempted to call shill poontang.

I was in there today. Same outrageously overpriced inventory. I saw many of the same guns I saw in there 21 years ago and the prices haven't been lowered so much as a cent. $800 for a j-frame. WTF?  Ruger LC9s for $469? Brand new cans of smokeless powder likely neckbearded from Simpsons and the asking price doubled.

Different FFL same bullshit.
I drive by JIm's about a dozen times+ a week and haven't seen them open in months. Use your imagination.

ETA: Store is now permanently closed. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

This place has quite a bit of inventory now, and some unique items. Quite a good bit of AR accessories. I agree the prices are fair, the staff down to earth and helpful. They have a gunsmith who works there during the week than can help with a build, install pistol sights, etc. Also sell suppressors here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StylesBitchley:

This place has quite a bit of inventory now, and some unique items. Quite a good bit of AR accessories. I agree the prices are fair, the staff down to earth and helpful. They have a gunsmith who works there during the week than can help with a build, install pistol sights, etc. Also sell suppressors here.
View Quote
What is the transfer fee for each subsequent item? In this case I'm talking about stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: army75th] [#10]

What is the transfer fee for each subsequent item? In this case I'm talking about stripped lowers.
View Quote
From what I understand it is $25 for each # - they do give a mil/leo discount.

As far as "gunsmith" - just basic AR stuff that we all can do. No one is certified and they dont have milling, press or stuff like that. Just basic ar stuff and sight install for pistol.

However, defender a few miles away is also $25 each # but will do discount if 5 or more lowers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The Gun Doctor.
1928 S Live Oak Dr, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
(843) 761-0788

Found the rear sight for my Remington 121 that no one else had in stock.
Good selection on long guns not to many pistols, also they sell a few guns on consignment.
old school type gun shop.

Any time i need work on one of my guns that i can nott do my self i take it to them.
Just be aware that the counter guy is damn near blind.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 6:50:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#12]
Camden: Flag Firearms on Jefferson Davis Highway in East Camden has gone out of business. They were located in what used to be Watson's Bait Shop
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkBinSC] [#13]
D & R Gunsmithing announced that they are going out of business. They were located on 17a between Summerville and Moncks Corner. They did Cerakote too.

According to their Facebook page, the business is available for sale.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:55:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#14]
Southern Sportsman on Bultman Dr. in Sumter is permanently closed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Defender closed - ray the owner sold out thank god. (he was always rude in my opinion no matter how much i tried to get to know him. .shame i live like 2 miles from the shop)

its now been sold and opened as Kilo Charlie.  Ive been in once.. may go back again soon, they were slammed when i went on a saturday a while back so i need to go in and see if i can get to know the guys who are running it now. thye said thye do transfers too but i didnt get the in and out on it. as to price and what not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Went by 2 shops yesterday.

Shooters Choice in west columbia.  Theyve been making some changes there slowly.  Widening up the front enterance, and keeping a hell of a lot of stock in store.  Im impressed with the amount of stock they have, and while some of their prices are incredibly high, I feel that they are making an effort.  It also looks like a good bit of the staff has changed. not all mind you but a good bit.  many of the guys that were there were actually friendly and offered to help repeatedly. When i mentioned how they opened the front up they stated that major renovations were to come yet so id expect to see a lot of changes here soon hopefully.  the layout isnt bad, but i feel theres a lot of unused or improperly used space with that side area that houses their safes..

Lexington gun on 378 going out towards saluda.  They had hardly any stock at all on the shelfs or walls. it felt like there was maybe 10 guns total in the cabinets new or used to buy.  i was severly disappointed as it was my second time being in the shop.  I asked the counter help about it and he said that they havent been able to keep anything on the shelf since black friday and that wasnt even including ar's.  He did say he has to fix 6 out of 10 psa ar's that come thru the doors.  (no i wasnt wearing anything PSA related, and no i wasnt talking about psa or anything to him, just came up in casual discussion about guns and quality as i was looking for lowers) they had like 2 lowers that were andersons in stock, for 50 bux a peice iirc.  The range on this shop is a second building.  disconnected from the first out back.  the showroom is big, and you have pleanty of area for stock, but it just was wiped out like no one cared to stock it or maybe they dont have enough income to bring in a lot of stock, i dont know.  it was pretty depressing overall, and i left without being there more than 30 minutes.

I was going to try to go back to what used to be defender but after my chemo yesterday and visiting those two shops after it i was pretty wore out and i went home and crashed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Driving through Greer this morning I noticed a silhouette target by the road that said Indoor Range across from the Kia dealership on Wade Hampton.  Apparently a new store opened there recently, though I didn't realize it.

http://barrelsblades.com/

Looks like they're friendly to us:

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 603Born] [#18]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 603Born:
Georgetown - ZJS, 07 FFL, and SOT, also does engraving.

Open by appointment.  

This is my son's new business.  You can send me a private message for his contact information.
View Quote

I'm the son. I'm currently just getting spun up, but I am a 07/02 like dad said, and have a silencershop account.

Silencershop dealer URL is the link to find me on silencershop, I don't mark stuff up beyond their recommended prices.

Prices for transfers will be 20 if you have your CWP, 25 if you don't, and NFA transfers outside of silencershop will be 50 dollars.

Starting up prices for NFA engraving on a laser engraver will be 50 dollars for basic name and state. If you're local, I can do it while you wait, if not I can mail it back to you next day.

I don't have any active inventory yet, mostly because I got licensed in November, and you guys have all seen how hard it is to get anything right now, but I can order from several different distributors so if you're looking for something in particular I can look for it.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Lexington, SC

East Lake Industries LLC

By Appointment Only

We have our FFL 07 & SOT 02

Gladly excepting transfers and taking special orders.

We are also a Silencer Shop Dealer

Attachment Attached File

Suppressors have been our niche lately, so if you’ve ever wonder about the process please reach out and I can walk you through it.

The supply chain is a mess but we plan to start building rifles just after the first of the year.  Just waiting on lowers to come in.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:17:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#21]
Strong Arms (Sumter) is currently moving to a new location which is 2100 Thomas Sumter Highway (SR 521) next door to Macintosh Auto. Owner says they should open the new location sometime the first week of January 2021.

Grand opening of new location on February 1, 2021
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Mauldin Arms in... Mauldin is my goto shop. I do lots of trading with Jeff and he always does me right.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#23]
Swamp Fox Armory at 9331 Garners Ferry Road in Hopkins is PERMANENTLY CLOSED.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I went by Palmetto Pawn and Gun in Darlington.

Small selection, a few semi-auto shotguns, couple ar's   and a couple dozen pistols.  prices were close to internet on the cheaper guns and some markup on the more expensive ones.

transfers are $35 and $50 for multiple transfers. according to the sign.  

not much of a pawnshop. very little selection other than used movies. and a little bit of tools and jewelry and a handful of lawn mowers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Columbia, Two Notch Rd. Between Richland County Sheriff’s Department and Cola mall
Best Deal Pawn and Gun.
$20 transfers. Same day if shipped from an FFL, 7 day hold if sent from an individual.  They’ve always been great for me. Actually liked my Uberti 1866 so much they did a free transfer!
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Amchar in Summerville is a decent shop. They are one of two in the state that participate in Springfield’s IOP pricing for mil vets and Leo’s. Not huge place, but worth a stop. Ring the door bell and tell them your headed up to the store.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Crossfire Gunsmith and Firearms
1938 Augusta Highway
Lexington SC 29072

Sells guns, optics (Leupold, Eotech etc), ammo, parts for building (Aero, Magpul etc) and some reloading supplies.  One of the owners or manager told me today that after the New Year they’d be stocking a lot more reloading supplies.

They gave me a couple parts from their private gunsmithing stash at no charge I needed to fix a lower receiver with

Good folks
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#28]
This was a pleasant surprise that came in last week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 7:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#29]
***I stopped by today, its in an old bank building. Not a large place.  Some nice stuff though. pvs7, some things to just look at. christenen arms, some fancy revolvers and hi power.  not a lot of scopes, mostly thermals and a handful of others. prices were reasonable to very high. They were friendly.  ***

new store opened in Florence recently. not been yet. but they advertising on radio.  sounds like more high end stuff.

High Caliber Guns and Optics.
3320 W Palmetto St, Florence, SC 29501

article
SCNOW
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't see these guys listed, retail store front plus indoor range.

C&S Shooting Sports
4923 Rivers Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29406
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Liberty guns in Mullins now has a diner in it. not sure how long they have.  heard a radio commercial and they said its new. Not been yet.

Freedom Diner

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I was down for a few days in North Myrtle Beach and made it to the PSA at 501 and 17. It is one more big store, although they were sold out of the Springfield Ronin compact I wanted to look at. What's with the all guns must be cased before entering sign at the door? I walked past it OC and nobody said anything. Nothing like that in the Greenville store.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:53:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#33]
Tony's Guns in Sumter has closed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlacAttack] [#35]
T&K outdoors, Spartanburg. Silencershop dealer. Good group. Very helpful with how the  NFA process works, its where I did my first f4. They have a laser engraver now also for F1s, so one stop shop. $30 transfers, $75 for NFA, I think engraving was $45 or $50? Lots of cool stuff here.

C & C Indoor Range. Spartanburg area, 25m indoor pistol and rifle (separated) ranges. Not sure on regular transfer price. $75 for NFA, regular efile. I just email my EFT to the shop. Nice people. I only found the place recently. Sales selection isnt as broad as the above place.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked South Carolina Gun Shops (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top