Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 10:56:37 PM EDT
Hey guys. I want to order some new front doors, or door with side lights for my house. Before I buy from HD or lowes, can anyone tell me of another good supplier here in the treasure valley?

Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
We just had 3 exterior doors changed out, two double doors one single. We went through Viewpoint. Doors are Thermatru. Not super high end but quality seems pretty good. We also upgraded on the locksets with 3 point locks.

I got a couple other estimates and the prices vary wildly. I removed and replaced all interior and exterior trim so I can't comment on their installers finish quality. A couple minor things came up and the installer kind of had an "if you find it I'll fix it" attitude. I would guess that's an industry standard in the trades these days. Would I use them again? Yeah probably but I'd watchdog the shit out of them.  

Caveat Emptor
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We just had 3 exterior doors changed out, two double doors one single. We went through Viewpoint. Doors are Thermatru. Not super high end but quality seems pretty good. We also upgraded on the locksets with 3 point locks.

I got a couple other estimates and the prices vary wildly. I removed and replaced all interior and exterior trim so I can't comment on their installers finish quality. A couple minor things came up and the installer kind of had an "if you find it I'll fix it" attitude. I would guess that's an industry standard in the trades these days. Would I use them again? Yeah probably but I'd watchdog the shit out of them.  

Caveat Emptor
View Quote
Thanks Brother.
I will look into them.
A question for you... how long did it take to get the doors once you picked them?

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It was about 2 weeks from order to call for install, another couple days to get schedules aligned. One of the double doors was right out in the wind and weather so I had to work around that. Not an off the shelf in stock fit like you might get with the big box stores. Overall, especially the one out in the wind and weather, which is also the master bedroom, we almost can't hear the wind when it's howling like it does.

Pretty good doors, OK price, attentive service, adequate installation, which is probably the most important aspect. Time will tell, winter might change my mind about viewpoint.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was about 2 weeks from order to call for install, another couple days to get schedules aligned. One of the double doors was right out in the wind and weather so I had to work around that. Not an off the shelf in stock fit like you might get with the big box stores. Overall, especially the one out in the wind and weather, which is also the master bedroom, we almost can't hear the wind when it's howling like it does.

Pretty good doors, OK price, attentive service, adequate installation, which is probably the most important aspect. Time will tell, winter might change my mind about viewpoint.
View Quote
Ok thanks man! Im looking at getting some new doors before in gets too cold. Im gonna check these guys out next week. I appreciate the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top