Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 5:44:24 PM EDT

Yes it that time of year again.
To open some beers, and start cooking some boudin for the tailgate 
Football season is here, and returns to the Bayou State, with Saints season opener this Thursday night.
I thought I would start the annual  thread about beloved football teams here in Louisiana 

So lets talk about some football that is played here the bayou state.

Friendly trash or full on bleeding purple and gold support everything is welcome  

Highschool football is also welcome for discussion or just general bragging about.

Pictures of games you go to, food you cook, Game watching set ups, tailgating photos, are all welcome
Have fun and be safe

2015 - 2016 thread
2016 - 2017 thread
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am interested to see how Coach O' does this year. I think he has real passion and heart with the tigers.
But I am excited, and interested to see how it goes this year.
(still alitte bummed about the World Series thought)

Also, I am sorry but I do not have a good feeling about New Orleans this year.
I am saying they will go, between 5 & 11 or 7 & 9 at the best.
And I do not know what the answer is in New Orleans.
Defense? O_Line? Coaching change?

Also remember starting at the end September all Thursday night games will be stream able live with Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dvm_us_or_cs_sh_pr_928tnf_a?node=16591210011&pf_rd_p=cd60e5fc-9a3f-4763-9d3d-b5805644696c&pf_rd_r=2CGFDJYYCFFTSF2D1D10
I am kind of interested to see how this goes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Orgeron definitely has an uphill battle.  I honestly don't know how LSU will do.

I plan on taking my son to his first football game this year (he'll be 5 by then).  I haven't picked which game, but it will likely just be a cupcake game. We went to his first baseball game earlier this year against TA&M.  Pretty cool for it to have been a team that was CWS material.

I'd also like to make a road game for LSU this year.  If any of the Miss St. Cola Warriors can swing it, I was thinking of going to that one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot say how I feel about our chances this year.  There are a lot of unknowns - especially with the OL - but like always, I am cautiously optimistic.  I have a lot of faith in Aranda and Canada, but I suspect there are going to be a lot of bugs on the offensive side of the ball to be worked out.  But, with Guice in the backfield, and if Edwards-Helaire is as good as advertised, I feel good about our ability to run it, if the OL can handle their end.

I guess my biggest fear is Etling trying too hard to keep his spot and playing outside of his skill set.  Whereas he may have felt safer with keeping his spot had Miles still been at the helm, O may well put Brennan in if Etling stumbles.  Etling coming in after Harris stumbled may be playing on his mind.  That is a lot of pressure I am not confident he can handle.  But, I have been wrong before...a lot!

It's refreshing to talk football without the bloodbath of TigerDroppings.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Mike has made his official appearance.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just realized the first LSU game of the season kicks off at 8:30 at night.
Those boys from Utah, Mormons. They are going to in for a world of surprise, after all day LSU tailgating in Fans.

I just hate that it is not in Death Valley, but in Houston.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Houston is basically home field advantage.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Houston is basically home field advantage.
View Quote
Exactly!  

Let's GEAUX boys!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Because of the weather, the game has been moved to NOLA.

https://twitter.com/LSUfootball/status/902298378771595267/photo/1

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
LSU didn't let BYU passed the 50 yd line.

We know those feels.

I am pretty disappointed in our red zone performance (once again). Why do we always struggle to get touchdowns in those situations?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
So I get up to make my second half Crown & Coke.
And Syracuse gets a safety. They get a safety on the LSU.

WTF.

I want to love Coach O. I really do. Because I believe he really loves the tigets.
But if they lose tonight. And they do not win 6 games and are not bowl electable. 
It is going to be along sad season. And we will be spending the rest of the season discussing Coach O replacement.

And LaTech, that was a heart breaker also.

Maybe you if New Orleans has another dissipating season maybe Sean Payton can come coach LSU.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
At this point, I'll be surprised if this coachig staff makes it through the season. LSU is not looking like it should. All the preseason hype was definitely undeserved.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So last week at about this time, after the Syracuse game.
I was going to make a post about how, it might not be completely Coach O's fault, because of bad recruiting on Les part.

But after this week, well damn, just Damn.
Coach O and staff might just need to go.
I will say the only way he can save his job now is if he beats Bama.

On a second level of complaining the Saints are not looking to bad, but dang trying no to watch the games.

And on a personal complaint I hung a 65in TV outside to sit out watch football, and grill. And now, damn LSU sucks, we are boycotting the NFL..... First World Problems......

Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a great day in Death Valley!!!

My favorite picture I took today

LSU lifting the Golden Boot Trophy with the win.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Great pics. It was a perfect day for a football game.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Got the Big Green Egg going
While watching a great LSU game

Link Posted: 12/24/2017 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I am sorry guys, I have fallen behind on updating this.

The great state of Louisiana was represent in the three college bowl games this year.
Bowl season started this year with Celebration Bowl, featuring a team from Louisiana, the Grambling State Tigers losing to the North Carolina A&T
The second bowl to feature a Louisiana this year was  Frisco Texas DXL Bowl. Featuring the Louisiana TECH bulldogs taking on the SMU Mustangs.    This game end with a 51 - 10 LA TECH victory!!!  With the LA TECH <strong>Defense</strong> putting up more point than the SMU offence....

The Third bowl is coming up New Years day
Featuring the <strong>LSU TIGERS </strong>taking on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at the Citrus Bowl, at noon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top