Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 7:15:22 AM EDT
Hmmmm. Sounds like a good plan to me and finally a Stokes idea that I can support.

But I bet Stokes would still want the sales tax on local gun show sales sent to Jacktown.

By the way, did anybody else notice that the latest NRA Rifleman magazine lists no gun shows in Jackson? Kind of strange.

Here is what Stokes said:

-------------------------------------------

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Gun enthusiasts had the chance to purchase new firearms at the Fairground's Trade Mart building this weekend, but it's wasn't an event welcome by all Capital City Leaders.

With the number of shootings happening in the Capital City, Councilman Kenneth Stokes believes having gun shows in Jackson isn't good for the city's crime rate or wallet.

"Not all money is good money." said Councilman Stokes. "Dope boys make money, but that ain't good money."

At these gun shows, Stokes says "gun runners" load up on firearms, then resell them to poor neighborhoods. He believes they need to go and that it is clear that other cities have room for them.

"The Cadillac dealership moved to Madison. Mercedes Benz is in the process of moving to Madison." added Stokes. "Move these gun shows to Madison. Move these gun shows to Madison County and Rankin County. We don't need them in Jackson."

When asked if he believed the state needed stronger regulations when it comes to purchasing guns, Stokes says he didn't think that would help and that our lawmakers wouldn't be addressing the issue any time soon.

"As long as it's these young black kids that's killing each other, the Governor and others don't care." Stokes said. "It's people like Kenny Stokes who say it's wrong for a black man to be killed. It's wrong for a white man to be killed. It's wrong for a Hispanic man to be killed, because the bible says, 'thou shall not kill'."

---------------------------------------------
Link

Yeah, get gun shows out of Jackson and Jackson's murder rate should go down to zero. Love that logic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me. I decided years ago to no longer do any business in Jacktown because of ass-clowns like Kenny. I do not want my money going towards funding their genuinely racist regime and I always welcome the opportunity to spend my money elsewhere. Fat Albert's latest comments only further demonstrate that if he were any less intelligent, he would not fit the criteria for a living organism.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The fairgrounds is not owned by the city of Jackson, no matter what they want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Chicago must have alot of gun shows by this logic
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Rankin County would be happy to host.

Jackson must be flush with tax dollars to be able to completely alienate an entire industry.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I worked part time for three different brick and mortar gun stores that also worked almost every fairgrounds trademart gun show.  I quit a few years ago.  I also worked full time for one of the government run medical centers in Jackson.

The same drug addicts that would show up every week at the hospital with a new ache or pain for the sole purpose of obtaining drugs to get high would make straw purchases at those gun shows for the gangs.  Most of the time it would be a crack head woman.  We do not know if she could pass the NICS check because all of the owners and employees of the stores I worked for knew it would be a straw purchase and we would immediately tell the addict that we would not sell to them.

This is how it worked:
3 or 4 gang members in a group would come by the table and look at a particular handgun usually a glock on a corner.
One of the group would lay his hand flat on the gun in question.  The addict would be about 40 feet down the aisle to watch which gun he put his hand on.
The group would move about 40 feet down the aisle subtly passing a wad of cash to the addict.
The addict would walk up to our table.  Put her hand flat on the same gun and look 40 feet down the aisle to the gang group.   If it was the gun they wanted then the group would nod their head "YES" that it was the gun they wanted.  If it was not the gun they wanted they would shake their head "no" and she would put her hand flat on another gun to see if that was the right gun.

Once she put her hand on the right gun, she would leave her hand there, get our attention and say that she wanted to buy that gun.  We would say "NO" and then she would proceed to beg us like addicts do to sell her the gun.  She would come up with every form of ID you can imagine to include what she said was active duty military ID but was really VA patient ID.

Once she failed to purchase with us, the gang group would go to one of the nitwits who either lost their FFL due to poor practices or never had a FFL in the first place and is selling their "private collection" and does no paper work.  Then they would go through the same con process at those tables.

If I saw these guys sell the addict a gun, I would go over and tell the non-FFL seller that they just sold to a straw purchasing, well known in the area drug addict.  To a man most of them would tell me that if they had known they would not have sold the gun.  I am not naïve enough to believe that.

So, from my observations during my gun show years, Kenneth Stokes is pretty much telling the truth.  I had a unique perspective having worked in both healthcare with the local drug addicts and the local firearms industry.

The exception was the Big Pop shows.  I never observed the gangs or the addicts even entering those shows.  Big Pop seemed to run a first class show compared to the others.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Good info.  Thanks.

Do you really think that the gangsters were loading up on firearms, then reselling them to poor neighborhoods?

I suspect they were buying them for personal gangster type use, or possibly for exporting to Chicago gangsters.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
They were not loading up on large amounts of guns and did not appear to be organized enough for reselling.  They did not try this like 40 times over the gun show weekend.  The individuals in the group appeared to be putting their collective money together to give to their straw purchaser.  They seemed to have a strong desire to get the gun but were not overloaded with cash.  Somebody with a strong desire to purchase is not usually a purposeful reseller.  I would think that they were just giving the straw purchaser a crack rock or two, small quantity of meth or a few Xanax to make the purchase.

Yes, I would also suspect they use the straw purchased guns for local gangster thug use and the only way the gun would go to a place like Chicago is if their cousin from Chicago talked them out of it on a trip to Mississippi.  The only reason they would sell or trade it is if they needed some dope money for themselves to get high.  There is also probably a great potential for them to simply lose the gun somewhere just like they do not have enough responsibility to maintain or keep up with any piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Jackson has been a third world shithole for as long as I can remember, and the more ghetto thuggity thugs move in and around it, the more their cancer spreads and ruins everything around it.

I despise what's happening to my home state.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Several years ago, my young adult son and I went to a Jackson gun show and walked all over the place.

One table staffed by a little old lady and her husband had a new H&K .45 USP Compact for something like $700.  I thought about it and passed.

As we were leaving, I had second thoughts and decided to buy it.

We walked back to the table and it was gone.

My heart was broken a little and I said something to the little old lady behind the table.

She said, "Oh, I still have it.  Some black gangsta type boys looked at it and wanted to buy it but I told them that it was already sold.  You can buy it if you want it."

She pulled it out from underneath the table where she had hidden it and I bought it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top