User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would love it if MA purged their voter rolls to get me off of there.

I haven't voted in MA in ages, been registered in multiple different states, and I still got a random call from someone in town last year at my phone number from 3400 miles away from said town I grew up in asking me to support something at the town meeting.

If we can keep an R majority in the 22 elections, we might able to fix some of the student vote issues.  I think CACR36 and HB1574 is a start at tightening things.  

Judging from other social media outlets, if we simply legalized weed, I bet a lot of kids wouldn't bother voting.
View Quote
It's a cumbersome issue to get off the voter rolls when you move out of state.

I was an appointed official in my MA town and knew everyone in town hall, etc. What I learned is that when you register to vote in another state, your prior state is never notified to remove your name. It is only automatic when you register in a different MA town. When I asked my town clerk in MA how to handle it, he told me that he needed a letter signed by both my Wife and myself specifically asking to be removed from the voter registration rolls. Apparently this is the only proof acceptable to the MA Secretary of State. This is in spite of the fact that I sent a prior letter resigning my appointed positions, stating that we had moved to NH.

I'm certain that 99.999999999999% of people that move out of MA never asks or goes to this length to be removed.

I have no idea how NH does it or not, and hope to make this my home for the rest of my life, so I won't need to find out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's a cumbersome issue to get off the voter rolls when you move out of state.

I was an appointed official in my MA town and knew everyone in town hall, etc. What I learned is that when you register to vote in another state, your prior state is never notified to remove your name. It is only automatic when you register in a different MA town. When I asked my town clerk in MA how to handle it, he told me that he needed a letter signed by both my Wife and myself specifically asking to be removed from the voter registration rolls. Apparently this is the only proof acceptable to the MA Secretary of State. This is in spite of the fact that I sent a prior letter resigning my appointed positions, stating that we had moved to NH.

I'm certain that 99.999999999999% of people that move out of MA never asks or goes to this length to be removed.

I have no idea how NH does it or not, and hope to make this my home for the rest of my life, so I won't need to find out.
View Quote

Alaska was easy.  I simply sent the state and email and got a reply within a half hour.  NC had a nice simple form to mail in.  MA just has the list of town clerks to contact, and I'm not really interested in bothering with that.  
https://www.eac.gov/voters/voter-registration-cancellations

When registering here, I did so with a NC DL, a previous voter registration address in AK, but moving up from Louisiana.  The clerk was a bit befuddled.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Senate Session Day tomorrow.

Going through Senate Home-->Senate Meeting Schedule-->Senate Session

Should be direct link:
Click on "Session Day Packet". I THINK that all the bill under the "consent calendar" are up. Or it could be "Regular Calendar".

I'm not seeing a whole lot of crazy stuff, so i would consider this a familiarization of the site. The Hearing reports are available and can be interesting reads.

What the deal with SB310? Kind of a weird one-private license plate scanners?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I wonder what SB310 is really all about?

"This bill permits the owners of private property to obtain and use a license plate reader for thesole purpose of recording and checking license plates."
View Quote

About the only thing I can think about is large corporate properties(do we have those) or big time condo complexes either trying to control or monitor access.  

I'm also wondering how much they cost.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top