Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 7:49:20 AM EDT
Hello fellow AR owners,
  I plan on moving back to Massachusetts within the coming weeks and have heard many contradicting answers about bringing my AR there. I have talked to many gun stores, a Massachusetts G.O.A.L. rep, and even a Massachusetts police department about doing so. I have been told you can't buy one but you can own one. Others say differently. I'm hoping one of you has done something similar when moving to Massachusetts. I don't want to have to sell my AR before. Hopefully one of you have any insight one this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This would be more appropriate in this section:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_8/55_Massachusetts.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Posted there. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The way I understand it for Mass right now is that you can own one BUT their liberal Bitch Attorney General signed some kind of ban that is going
through the courts right now for AR's. I really am not sure if that is going to stand or not. This may be why you have not gotten a straight answer yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Move to Nh.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move to Nh.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Why go THERE?  That's nuts.  Nor New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and some others.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why go THERE?  That's nuts.  Nor New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and some others.
View Quote
Ummm, CT too! Dont leave out this liberal POS state!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The issue is, MA law states you can't have an AR (based upon the 94 AWB criteria) unless it was registered in MA before 1998.

Then you have MA compliant ARs which is  what the AG banned by saying there is no such thing as MA compliant. She basically used an interpretation that the MA legislature rejected as too broad when they passed it.

She then stated that MA compliant rifles that were registered in MA before June 20, 2016 were illegal but she was not going to prosecute.

So basically, it's a cluster Fuck. As has been said many times before, "I lost all my ARs in a boating accident"
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to move for work sadly. Believe me, I'm not looking forward to tons of gun laws or state income tax...
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have to move for work sadly. Believe me, I'm not looking forward to tons of gun laws or state income tax...
View Quote
NH....

where in MA would you have to relocate to?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nh is your friend
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Two things at a minimum that you'll have to address if you determine that you can bring your ARs into MA (not an easy thing to figure out). You will have to pin your adjustable stocks (which a MA dealer has to do when you purchase one in state - if that's still possible), and you have to determine if your muzzle device is legal, and if so, pin that also. As a great example of the complete lack of understanding of firearms among the people who write these gun control laws, a standard GI flash suppressor is illegal, but a pinned compensator, like the BCM comp, is legal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The issue is, MA law states you can't have an AR (based upon the 94 AWB criteria) unless it was registered in MA before 1998.

Then you have MA compliant ARs which is  what the AG banned by saying there is no such thing as MA compliant. She basically used an interpretation that the MA legislature rejected as too broad when they passed it.

She then stated that MA compliant rifles that were registered in MA before June 20, 2016 were illegal but she was not going to prosecute.

So basically, it's a cluster Fuck. As has been said many times before, "I lost all my ARs in a boating accident"
View Quote
Please cite what MGL specifically states that any AR MUST be registered in MA before 1998 to be a legal Pre-ban (made on/before 9/13/1994)??  I'll wait . . .

The rest of what you stated is correct.

It will take another 3-5 years for the courts to sort her BS out and she'll be gone from that job before that happens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Duped thread.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top