Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 4:55:05 PM EDT
I have read Maines gun laws and I am a little confused. Can a person with a permit from CT carry in Maine? It says they do not reconize my permit but it also says no permit is needed to carry in Maine. Could someone help clearify this for me please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Permitless concealed carry applies to residents and non-residents alike.  As long as you are over 21 and not prohibited from owning a firearm, you can carry concealed.  There is a duty to report that you are carrying if you come into contact with law enforcement.  

Here is the State Police webpage on the issue.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your reaponse, I look forward to my time up there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
It might be wise to check with some of the Mass members to see what BS laws apply to transporting across their state.
In years past it was a year in the clink for possession.
Be safe...
Where in Maine are ya heading?
I'm way downeast..
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I am pretty familiar with Mass, and I am staying in Saco/Old Orchard beach area. Going to head to Buckfield to see a friend for a day or two as well. Gotta Say Maine is awesome!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I travel through MASS to ME all the time and haven't had a problem.  Just pack as you would expect to pack: unloaded, locked, separate boxes for everything and bury it in the trunk.  You'd have to do something pretty bad to have your car searched and it if was, you'd be fine.  Once in Maine first draw in some of that free air as you enter Kittery.  That big sign on the highway is serious;  This is the way things ought to be!  

Rome
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one. I see the last reply was in 2017, Ill be coming up after the New Year (2019) for some icefishing, snowmobiling and shooting. Has anything changed as far as the carry laws go or is what was posted in here still accurate?

Also, am I ok to bring up Ar15s and suppressors? (Heading up to hundreds of acres of private property)

Thanks

ETA: The ARs and suppressors would not be for hunting, if that matters. We are strictly target shooting.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you  are not a prohibited person, you will be fine. Constitutional Carry!
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Careful with the suppressor, per BATF you need to let them know if any NFA items leave the "Home" state to which they are registered.  CYA...
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Careful with the suppressor, per BATF you need to let them know if any NFA items leave the "Home" state to which they are registered.  CYA...
View Quote
The form 5320.20 for interstate transport only lists certain NFA items: "destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun."  Silencer and any other weapon (AOW) aren't listed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The form 5320.20 for interstate transport only lists certain NFA items: "destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun."  Silencer and any other weapon (AOW) aren't listed.
View Quote
This was my understanding as well.

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not required for suppressors or AOWs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Great info in here.

I just accepted a job in Bar Harbor.

This tennessean is going to spend some time in your beautiful state.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Great info in here.

View Quote
be aware you still need a permit to carry in acadia national park I believe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok. Thanks. Good to know.

I've got a lifetime carry permit from Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great info in here.

View Quote
Beautiful? Only for the 2 weeks of summer we get.
Other than that, the weather sucks.

2 seasons here, winter and the 4th of July.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top