Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 5:10:22 PM EDT
Hello. I might have an opportunity to travel to your fine state on contract this Summer, and I had a few questions.
My job might take me to the following towns:
Ellsworth
Dover Foxcroft
Lincoln
Machias,
Is there anything I should know about those places, such as "stay far, far away," or are they G2G?
Also, are there any nice shooting ranges nearby?
Things to do, places to go?

It looks like my state has reciprocity with your's, and your gun laws seem pretty good, so no worries there. And of course, I'll have to stop by and see the cool folks at the Windham plant

TIA.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Tons of great things to see and do in those areas.

Definitely good to go, no worries at all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you take into account cost of lodging in elsworth.... gateway to acadia tourist central.

Also maine is a constitutional carry state.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Most definitely. My employer will be covering lodging, so no worries there. And constitutional carry sounds like a winner to me

Thanks for the info.

(Edited for grammar)
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not far from Machias.
If ya got any free time, I'll give ya the ten cent tour of downeast Maine..
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most definitely. My employer will be covering lodging, so no worries there. And constitutional carry sounds like a winner to me

Thanks for the info.

(Edited for grammar)
View Quote
Just be aware that Maine semi-Constitutional carry prohibits carrying in Acadia National Park unless you have a Maine firearms license and requires you to announce that you are carrying if stopped by police.

We just returned from a week in Bar Harbor, spent 3 days in Acadia ccw'g. Never saw police and only saw 2 NP Rangers in Acadia (one was in the Visitor Center). One other thing to be aware of: Fed Law makes it a felony to carry in a Federal Building that is occupied by employees, as much as there is supposed to be a sign outside any such building I never saw one sign in Acadia.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Post again when you know which areas you'll be in, I can think of tons of cool things to see in those areas.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello again. Sorry for the late response, and thanks for all of your replies.

As it turns out, I won't be coming out to Maine for work after all, at least for the foreseeable future.

I might just drop in for some summer fun, however.

Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top