Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 11:56:11 PM EDT
Hopefully the new management team comes out with something tasty. I was at the brewery last weekend and there were some really drinkable small batch brews for sampling.

Maybe shedding the English style ale handcuffs will be a good thing for them. They've been using the same strain of yeast since they started, I learned.

When I was there only 2 of the dozen or so big fermentation vessels had beer in them.

Fingers crossed because they were the ones who started the craft beer revolution in Maine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They make some great beer, I love the autumn and winter ales.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
They are doing a new IPA called Riverside that will be released outside of the taproom. I like it so much I bought a growler to keep
refilling. It is well worth trying. Tastes as good or better than any of the new kid on the block dry hopped IPAs.

They also have an IPA called Industrial but it's only a available at the taproom right now.

I'm very encouraged.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm. Ive never been, i may have to check it out
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Does Shipyard still contract brew for them as far as the beer that is sold by distributors to retail stores and other bars - bottles and kegs?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure what they did in the past but Geary's does everything inhouse these days. They do contract with a mobile canning service that comes in and does their cans. Bottles and kegs are done with Geary's machinery.

Speaking of cans, they just did their first batch of Riverside IPA pint cans on Friday! Look for them. Great IPA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top