Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just quoting for my announcement in the next few days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any news?

I think you already know how this is going to go. I know I do.

So..... We should give up without a fight?

No genius. Not what I said at all. Fight all you want. I know better. I've been fighting the good fight way before you even owned a firearm. I know how NJ works. You "out of State" boy's clearly don't.

The corrupt NJ Liberal Democratic anti 2A "machine" will never let you win no matter what. They will lie, cheat and do anything to stop you from winning. Doesn't matter if your 100% within your legal rights or not. They will find a way to shoot you down whether legal or not.

Doubt me? Then do some reading of how Frank Lautenburg became our Senator!!!

Late in the 2002 Senate election against Republican Doug Forrester, Torricelli received a formal letter of admonishment from the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics, for his involvement with campaign donor David Chang.[14][15] The investigation was later dropped when attorney Mary Jo White issued a letter of clearance.[16][17] In his withdrawal speech on September 30, 2002, he stated that despite leaving public office in a different way than he had planned, he was proud of his service.[citation needed] Shortly thereafter, the New Jersey Supreme Court unanimously ruled that the Democratic Party could legally replace Torricelli's name on the ballot with that of former U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_New_Jersey,_2002

100% ILLEGAL but the NJ Supreme Court ruled other wise!!

Just quoting for my announcement in the next few days.

It would be nice to have a win in this shit state. But I'm not getting my hopes up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your efforts.Good luck, knock"m dead.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Great job!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Albert got his permit today.  
View Quote

That's great.

Now what about the rest of NJ? Or are we still destined to be victims?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It's not over.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats to Albert and to you Nolo. This must have been expected as NJ courts fully realize giving one permit will allow them to avoid facing charges that might force them to give us all permits. Interested to hear the next steps once ready to make them public, one permit does not a right to bear arms make.

Enjoy the win! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
"N-word" who the fuck is Albert. - <edit> L_d Coc #1

Can I get some background on the plaintiff

Edited: <I just work here.>
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"N-word" who the fuck is Albert. <edit> L_d Coc #1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nolo can obviously tell you better than I can, but here's the press release from NJ2AS:

After dealing with years of life-threatening situations from violent gang members in Newark, and battling almost 3 years in New Jersey's courts for his basic constitutional and human rights, Albert Almeida has been issued his concealed carry permit.

Albert, a father of two girls, owns a property management company which collects rent from many buildings in Newark and surrounding areas. After having his life threatened several times by tenants who were known gang members and convicted violent felons, he sought a conceal carry permit which requires approval from his local police chief and a Superior Court Judge. After his permit application was denied due to not satisfying the albatross of justifiable need, he filed a lawsuit against the State.

Albert spent years in court to exercise his constitutional and natural right to protect himself--a basic right which is exercised by tens of millions in other states, including 11 states which do not require any form of permit (Constitutional carry).

"Only in New Jersey do the Prosecutors and Judges claim the reason why they plea bargain with violent felons (by providing reduced sentencing and dropping the worst offenses) is because the courts are overwhelmed, but then simultaneously fight honest law-abiding citizens to the fullest extent. New Jersey citizens want nothing more than to protect themselves against the same violent felons which the courts plea bargain with and release from prisons early under compassionate release programs" said Alexander Roubian, President of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.

Albert's lead attorney, Stephen Stamboulieh, said: "It is a fantastic result, given that Mr. Almeida has waited years to exercise his Second Amendment rights in New Jersey, only to be forced to file a federal lawsuit to be vindicated.  While this process is slow and takes a considerable amount of time, energy and resources, we are pleased that New Jersey finally admitted Mr. Almeida met justifiable need; something it knew back when it first denied his permit in October, 2013 and gave him three options: which included to shut down his business, conduct his private business in a different manner, or hire a private armed security guard."

Albert's organization, the Party of Six, the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, and attorneys Stephen Stamboulieh, Ryan Watson, and Alan Beck, will continue to work for New Jerseyans and seek to restore their Second Amendment rights through strategic litigation
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nolo, did the recent regulatory changes from a few months ago that altered what constitutes "justifiable need" play a part in Albert getting his permit?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nolo can obviously tell you better than I can, but here's the press release from NJ2AS:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After dealing with years of life-threatening situations from violent gang members in Newark, and battling almost 3 years in New Jersey's courts for his basic constitutional and human rights, Albert Almeida has been issued his concealed carry permit.

Albert, a father of two girls, owns a property management company which collects rent from many buildings in Newark and surrounding areas. After having his life threatened several times by tenants who were known gang members and convicted violent felons, he sought a conceal carry permit which requires approval from his local police chief and a Superior Court Judge. After his permit application was denied due to not satisfying the albatross of justifiable need, he filed a lawsuit against the State.

Albert spent years in court to exercise his constitutional and natural right to protect himself--a basic right which is exercised by tens of millions in other states, including 11 states which do not require any form of permit (Constitutional carry).

"Only in New Jersey do the Prosecutors and Judges claim the reason why they plea bargain with violent felons (by providing reduced sentencing and dropping the worst offenses) is because the courts are overwhelmed, but then simultaneously fight honest law-abiding citizens to the fullest extent. New Jersey citizens want nothing more than to protect themselves against the same violent felons which the courts plea bargain with and release from prisons early under compassionate release programs" said Alexander Roubian, President of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.

Albert's lead attorney, Stephen Stamboulieh, said: "It is a fantastic result, given that Mr. Almeida has waited years to exercise his Second Amendment rights in New Jersey, only to be forced to file a federal lawsuit to be vindicated.  While this process is slow and takes a considerable amount of time, energy and resources, we are pleased that New Jersey finally admitted Mr. Almeida met justifiable need; something it knew back when it first denied his permit in October, 2013 and gave him three options: which included to shut down his business, conduct his private business in a different manner, or hire a private armed security guard."

Albert's organization, the Party of Six, the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, and attorneys Stephen Stamboulieh, Ryan Watson, and Alan Beck, will continue to work for New Jerseyans and seek to restore their Second Amendment rights through strategic litigation
Saw that. I'm a member of NJ2AS

Any more gory details ?

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I mean it's great and all but I can't get excited until the same is extended to every oppressed citizen of the fucking prison known as New Jersey. It's sad and pathetic that we need to go to court and fight for our fucking rights, it pisses me off having to ask fucking permission to buy a fucking BB gun, a handgun and a rifle. The fact that Albert basically begged for his rights just pisses me off.

Fuck this fucking state.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I mean it's great and all but I can't get excited until the same is extended to every oppressed citizen of the fucking prison known as New Jersey. It's sad and pathetic that we need to go to court and fight for our fucking rights, it pisses me off having to ask fucking permission to buy a fucking BB gun, a handgun and a rifle. The fact that Albert basically begged for his rights just pisses me off.

Fuck this fucking state.
View Quote
I agree with you, fuck New Jersey.

But carrying that attitude and turning our back is how the problem exacerbates and spreads like it did in New England and Commiefornia. This shit needs to stop. I'll continue to donate and educate the uninformed when and where I can.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But carrying that attitude and turning our back is how the problem exacerbates and spreads like it did in New England and Commiefornia. This shit needs to stop. I'll continue to donate and educate the uninformed when and where I can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck this fucking state.

Don't get me wrong, I donate and educate. But I'm just so disgusted and tired of being criminalised.

I just wish the win was bigger. I still feel like this one win is a drop in a bucket of losses. It's just disheartening.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I donate and educate. But I'm just so disgusted and tired of being criminalised.

I just wish the win was bigger. I still feel like this one win is a drop in a bucket of losses. It's just disheartening.
View Quote
Piece by piece my friend. Thats how it got this way, thats how we can turn it back.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Piece by piece my friend. Thats how it got this way, thats how we can turn it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh don't get all delusional on us here. NJ won't be getting carry short of an armed rebellion. They have granted permits in similar situations before. Don't go pricing out that single stack 9 just yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oh don't get all delusional on us here. NJ won't be getting carry short of an armed rebellion. They have granted permits in similar situations before. Don't go pricing out that single stack 9 just yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

One can only hope. I was simply trying to shed light on the constant "FNJ" posts that contribute nothing to the discussion. Chances are that I will be long gone before we see actual progress.

By your standards, these lawsuits are probably in vain.

ETA: When I lived in NEPA I carried a G19
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One can only hope. I was simply trying to shed light on the constant "FNJ" posts that contribute nothing to the discussion. Chances are that I will be long gone before we see actual progress.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you move to New Jersistan?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Good news, but what does it really mean.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Why did you move to New Jersistan?
View Quote
See my response in the other thread.
I'll move back once I make my fortune or the laws here get worse, whichever come first
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm just going to keep assuming non-resident NJ CCW permits are still made out of unobtainium.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Anything new?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Almeida is the only one I really care about. Sure the taser case is good but not as good as the CCW case. IMO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

NJ requested another 30 day extension in our taser case.
View Quote
How many times are they allowed to do this?

Am I wrong in assuming they are going to "extend" this into oblivion?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taser answer due on 11/10. Will post when NJ files.

http://www.sdslaw.us/single-post/2016/11/11/In-a-baffling-answer-filed-by-New-Jersey-in-the-Taser-case

New Jersey denies that its stun gun/taser law is unconstitutional, and that somehow, New Jersey civil procedure rules apply in federal court (where we have the, ahem, federal rules of civil procedure).  Let's just skip to the point.  New Jersey, in a filing in a criminal case three days prior to answering in the NJ2AS/Mark Cheeseman case, already admitted its stun gun ban is unconstitutional.  

How does that even happen?  Are different people from the AG's office responding to the two different cases and they're not aware of the contrary positions because they don't talk to each other?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#44]
So does this mean I can apply for a CCW and get approved now?

Oh wait....stun guns.....

So, the state acknowledges that it's unconstitutional stun gun laws are unconstitutional. Does that mean we can buy stun guns now? I mean I guess this is a win...certainly not the win that I and I'm sure others want but I suppose it's a step in the right direction....

Sorry, I still find it hard to get excited; especially on a stun gun verdict.....Maybe if we'd get a real win I'd feel different.

Is this even a win?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is this even a win?
View Quote

Dude. I know we're all jaded living in NJ, but after all this time of people ignoring NJ or saying "that's just the way it is, you should move," we have someone trying to fight the politicians here and make a difference. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all.

Yes it's just stun guns, but maybe there are some women who won't carry a gun, but they would use a taser. I care about their self defense too. We didn't get here in a day and we won't fix it in a day. We've had years of anti gun law upon anti gun law.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taser answer due on 11/10. Will post when NJ files.

http://www.sdslaw.us/single-post/2016/11/11/In-a-baffling-answer-filed-by-New-Jersey-in-the-Taser-case

Thanks Nolo. I suspect they'll just change the law to a!low ownership but ban carry, but thanks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dude. I know we're all jaded living in NJ, but after all this time of people ignoring NJ or saying "that's just the way it is, you should move," we have someone trying to fight the politicians here and make a difference. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all.

Yes it's just stun guns, but maybe there are some women who won't carry a gun, but they would use a taser. I care about their self defense too. We didn't get here in a day and we won't fix it in a day. We've had years of anti gun law upon anti gun law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this even a win?

While I can appreciate your optimism, the fact remains that they will just change to comply while still denying rights, if they change it at all. I mean why bother, there's no actual penalty when the state breaks the law. Just about every municipality in the state blatantly breaks the law on every FPID and PPP application. There are no repercussions.

What everyone whom still has hope fails to understand is that no matter how many cases we "win" we still lose. The legislature, courts, police, city and town councils, PTA, rotary club, citizenry, and come next year the governor are 110% against us with prejudice. They control all aspects of our lives. Until we do what we will never do, it won't change.

Look at DC, look at NYC, NJ post Heller. It doesn't matter they control it all. Disobey, leave, or throw away your guns. Those are the three options come 2018.

I appreciate everything nolo is doing, but in the end it just won't matter.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#50]
This case encompasses more than just stun guns. For the 1st time the Atty. Gen. in New Jersey has recognized the Second Amendment, Heller, and Caetano. With the probability of a conservative Supreme Court there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Change will not happen overnight, but there is the probability that substantial change will occur.

Nolo thank you for your continued efforts.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top