Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 12:17:54 AM EDT
I was raised in Houston and have lived here all my life so hurricanes are something I'm used to.  Still, there's something just odd about a hurricane heading to the Ireland/UK.  Looks like it will be a category 1 or possibly a Tropical Storm at landfall in Ireland.   While not as bad as what we've seen lately they can still make a mess of things.  Hope everyone is taking it seriously and getting prepared.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a tad breezy tonight, but I'm in the east so the weather god smiles on us most of the time.

Did have a nice pink sun this afternoon, dust from the Sahara in the upper atmosphere apparently. Very surreal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a tad breezy tonight, but I'm in the east so the weather god smiles on us most of the time.

Did have a nice pink sun this afternoon, dust from the Sahara in the upper atmosphere apparently. Very surreal.
View Quote

I'm glad you've been blessed with good weather.   Have you heard anything about the rest of the UK and Ireland?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing too serious on a large scale.
There have been a few deaths from falling trees and the like which is serious enough but not in a large scale. There is some local flooding but again not too large scale. Mostly in the west, Wales, Ireland, western and north western England and western Scotland.
Always a shame for the victims but it could have been so much worse but I think the strength wasn't as high as first feared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top