BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cant , not clever enough with a computer, but other owners  must have them , cos i think it was from his mailing list.

Thats ok, just forward them as a normal e-mail to anyone on here, and they can post them for you.

In fact, you can even use mine: [email protected]

Another owner will be along in a mo that can do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]

I can guess why
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The "humble pie" gag was just a reference to the naysayers who are being proved wrong on here.
Its a very british thing , unfortunatly, to kick a man when he,s down. There are a lot of posts on here regarding Bobs poor customer relations. Its a fact. Funny, in dealing with him for the last five years at my time at syss....i,ve never had a problem, in 1. Getting hold of him, and 2. getting things sorted out. Maybe its because i,m polite, and dont pull the guy to bits.
My friend had this delivered today.

Its a 6.8, and Bobs had a shit load of grief souring parts for it, particularly the barrel, and its taken a long time. The owner has been in constant , polite contact with Bob, even whilst he was recently in the states, as all this shit over the unicorn was raging. He e-mailed my mate, almost every day with updates etc. All sorted, no problem.
Bob has his ups and downs, his customer service can lack sometimes, thats a fact too, but accusing the guy of "sharp practise" and other things is unfair in my view.
I,ve no affiliation to Bob, apart from being a customer of his. I will shortly be a customer of Mr Bradley,s too, so hold no favouritism.
Guess i just dont like online bullying.

Its amazing how helpful people will be for you, when you are polite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "humble pie" gag was just a reference to the naysayers who are being proved wrong on here.
Its a very british thing , unfortunatly, to kick a man when he,s down. There are a lot of posts on here regarding Bobs poor customer relations. Its a fact. Funny, in dealing with him for the last five years at my time at syss....i,ve never had a problem, in 1. Getting hold of him, and 2. getting things sorted out. Maybe its because i,m polite, and dont pull the guy to bits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/baldiedave/68spc.jpg

Its a 6.8, and Bobs had a shit load of grief souring parts for it, particularly the barrel, and its taken a long time. The owner has been in constant , polite contact with Bob, even whilst he was recently in the states, as all this shit over the unicorn was raging. He e-mailed my mate, almost every day with updates etc. All sorted, no problem.
Bob has his ups and downs, his customer service can lack sometimes, thats a fact too, but accusing the guy of "sharp practise" and other things is unfair in my view.
I,ve no affiliation to Bob, apart from being a customer of his. I will shortly be a customer of Mr Bradley,s too, so hold no favouritism.

Same service here. Well said Baldie .
I like that
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You are Bob arent you!?!
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ugh! Looks like shit!

It's got more fucking rails than Railtrack!
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We only have you;re word that ALL UnicornsR are legal… for the time being. I seem to recall my Brocock was legal once.

Quoted:
Its a very british thing , unfortunatly, to kick a man when he,s down.

Well, I'm Irish and anyways, kicking his immenseness would give me a broken leg to go with my broken arm.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Bob has his ups and downs, his customer service can lack sometimes, thats a fact too, but accusing the guy of "sharp practise" and other things is unfair in my view.

The 'sharp practice' comment was not meant in relation to customer service. My only experience of that is anecdotal and I completely accept that people who have had bad experiences talk louder than those with good experiences. The comment was in relation to the issue of releasing a product that already had questions surrounding it without making sure every i was dotted and t was crossed.

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nice looking rifle there.

Glad you had a good experience with Bob, My experience with him over the years has also been OK and I've nothing against the guy, except that Idodn't feel my custom was particularly welcome..

However, this isn't a case of kicking a man while he was down at all, this is a case of stating concerns and asking questions about a new product, all of which were legitimate and could have been taken on board by Bob in adressing what potential customers needed to know.  In fact Bob was never down, he had sold his products and was on a well earned holiday in the US........ the people who had bought the rifles where the ones that had been kicked because they had lost their property and people were naturally concerned about the attention this may have brought and potential loss of their investment.

The fact that Bob is an excellent engineer has never been questioned, the fact that he makes excellent guns has never been questioned, What has been brought into question is the customer service, and the lack of information that was available.  We all have mates who had bought these guns and all of us felt a little uneasy at the lack of information given that some of us were looking to buy one. It was unfortunate to see an interesting new product come on sale only to be told to mind our own business when we asked about it, and an expectation that we should accept a product which always had the potential to be a little controversial with the authorities.  

As for accusations about sharp practice, I can't say I saw any.  Online bullying isn't tollerated, nor should it be.  Now what is interesting is that so far today you have come online and accused ARFCOM members of making false accusations, making libelous comments and online bullying.  

As far as I'm concerned if I have good customer service I'll report that on a forum, as it's a way of reporting satisfaction and backing up a supplier who look after me.  I have nothing but good things to say about SYSS, Bradley Arms,  Osprey Rifles and York Guns, Bob Wightman and many others because I have always had exceptional service. With SGC Bob and some others I kind of get the impression that they think they are doing your a favour, and that your business isn't important to them, no matter how polite you are.  Nobody is saying don't buy Bob's kit either....... what they are saying is that it was a poor show from the customer perspective

You can't have people on one hand saying how wonderful you are, and then spit the dummy when people take issue with something you may have done wrong.  At the end of the day it's just opinions on the internet.

All Bob needs to do is step up his game a little with regard to customer service and he will reap the benefit.  Or he can ignore the feedback.  It's up to him at the end of the day but I'd rather things improve and get better for him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:Bob has his ups and downs, his customer service can lack sometimes, thats a fact too, but accusing the guy of "sharp practise" and other things is unfair in my view.

The 'sharp practice' comment was not meant in relation to customer service. My only experience of that is anecdotal and I completely accept that people who have had bad experiences talk louder than those with good experiences. The comment was in relation to the issue of releasing a product that already had questions surrounding it without making sure every i was dotted and t was crossed.

Tethered goats
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You are Bob arent you!?!

No I'm Spartacus Bob!
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tethered goats

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tethered goats

That be a sheepy............goats go  ...... B a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a, and then try to eat your trousers.

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tethered goats

Did you hear about the bloke who got five years for acting the goat?

His mate got seven years for fucking him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cant , not clever enough with a computer, but other owners  must have them , cos i think it was from his mailing list.

Thats ok, just forward them as a normal e-mail to anyone on here, and they can post them for you.

I don't think there were 3 e-mails were there..........?

Says a lot for your integrity, and the content of your previous and future 'Bob praising' posts.

There was only one issued at the end of the current saga:

TO ALL 9MM OWNERS,
WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED  THAT THE FORENSIC SCIENCE  LAB EXAMINED THE PRODUCTION RIFLE  AND FOUND IT TO BE SECTION 1, NOT SECTION 5, DEVON AND CORNWALL POLICE ARE WAITING FOR PERMISSION TO DO ANYTHING FROM THE HOME OFFICE, WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF ANY FURTHER DEVELOPEMENTS AS WE GET TO KNOW THEM,
BEST REGARDS
BOB CLARK

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#20]

It just don't look right, but I's sure somebody loves it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a conversation with Bob a wee while ago and he mentioned folk had enquired about other calibres inc .223 & .308.  He said that the limitations of the (or a) blow back action would make it very difficult to chamber a gun in anything other than a pistol round.  Consider the size of the spring required for a blow back .308, I'm not sure I'd want to be testing the gun!!!

Hat's off to Bob and folk like Alan Westlake who are using all their skills (and own investment) to make our shooting just a little more interesting.  And without wanting to blow smoke up his arse  I'll include our very own Bradders as well

Smudge
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#22]
What do you mean, bob made this for me, it's great - bit heavy though

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This "sharp practise"...
Would it include quoting one price and then charging substantially more?
Would it include fitting replacement parts without discussion that didn't need replacement?
Would it include fitting and charging for parts that weren't specified?
Would it include [PM me for this one]?

Oh BTW, Krieger isn't spelled DPMS

ETA: of course these were only alleged to me by a bloke down the pub....

For me its all centred around being told the only way mine could have gone semi-auto would have been 'if I'd damaged it'  or 'it was the fault of the ammo  - which could happen in any gun.' ......

The vast majoirty of unicorns sold do appear to be section 1, based on what people are writing here. I remain to be convinced about mine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Whether or not SGC have indulged in sharp practices or not is a moot point given the amount of negative publicity over the Unicorn. I think this will overshadow the past and will influence future customers.

I have had two rifles from SCG - one V22 many years ago and one Speedmaster in 6.8 SPC not so long ago. Both were non standard in that I asked for slight modifications. Both rifles had a spec agreed and when they arrived, both were to spec. The V22 was ready for collection 5 days after the order was placed. The Speedmaster took 2 weeks.

The V22 had a few feed problems but when pointed out, SGC replaced the mag immediately and it solved the problem. I NEVER had a single problem with the Speedmaster.

Now, I am in the market for a .223 AR. I narrowed it down to SGC and Bradley Arms. Then I went with the latter - Why ?

Easy - although I have never had any problems with SGC, I keep reading about those that have. And looking at the dates, it would appear that customer service is dropping off as time goes by.
Second - I honestly think that SGC will have their hands full for a while sorting out the Unicorn issue.

And finally, the clincher for me - Having trawled the interweb and having spoken to lots of shooters, I cannot find one Bradley Arms customer with any complaints. If Bradley Arms were on EBAY, it would have 100% feedback !

I wish SCG all the luck in the world. Bob has been a nice person in all his dealings with me. He has proven that he can think laterally and be innovative when it comes to building firearms. Hopefully he can be innovative in turning around what has been a very negative PR incident.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are Bob arent you!?!

No I'm Spartacus Bob!

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And finally, the clincher for me - Having trawled the interweb and having spoken to lots of shooters, I cannot find one Bradley Arms customer with any complaints.

Which might also mean that the ones who tried to complain have disappeared without trace
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whether or not SGC have indulged in sharp practices or not is a moot point given the amount of negative publicity over the Unicorn. I think this will overshadow the past and will influence future customers.

I have had two rifles from SCG - one V22 many years ago and one Speedmaster in 6.8 SPC not so long ago. Both were non standard in that I asked for slight modifications. Both rifles had a spec agreed and when they arrived, both were to spec. The V22 was ready for collection 5 days after the order was placed. The Speedmaster took 2 weeks.

The V22 had a few feed problems but when pointed out, SGC replaced the mag immediately and it solved the problem. I NEVER had a single problem with the Speedmaster.

Now, I am in the market for a .223 AR. I narrowed it down to SGC and Bradley Arms. Then I went with the latter - Why ?

Easy - although I have never had any problems with SGC, I keep reading about those that have. And looking at the dates, it would appear that customer service is dropping off as time goes by.
Second - I honestly think that SGC will have their hands full for a while sorting out the Unicorn issue.

And finally, the clincher for me - Having trawled the interweb and having spoken to lots of shooters, I cannot find one Bradley Arms customer with any complaints. If Bradley Arms were on EBAY, it would have 100% feedback !

I wish SCG all the luck in the world. Bob has been a nice person in all his dealings with me. He has proven that he can think laterally and be innovative when it comes to building firearms. Hopefully he can be innovative in turning around what has been a very negative PR incident.

Guns on eBay
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 3:54:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And finally, the clincher for me - Having trawled the interweb and having spoken to lots of shooters, I cannot find one Bradley Arms customer with any complaints.

Which might also mean that the ones who tried to complain have disappeared without trace

Thats a good point.

Many dead bodies have been disposed of in Epping Forest. Apparently.

And Bradders has set himself up quite near it.

Hmmmmmm

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#29]
They  was Dama Dama fluffy B
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Mark is allways happy to deal face to face with a customer! But then he knows what you look like
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Brick-Top Bradders.

He knows who keeps pigs.

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think there were 3 e-mails were there..........?

Says a lot for your integrity, and the content of your previous and future 'Bob praising' posts.

There was only one issued at the end of the current saga:

TO ALL 9MM OWNERS,
WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED  THAT THE FORENSIC SCIENCE  LAB EXAMINED THE PRODUCTION RIFLE  AND FOUND IT TO BE SECTION 1, NOT SECTION 5, DEVON AND CORNWALL POLICE ARE WAITING FOR PERMISSION TO DO ANYTHING FROM THE HOME OFFICE, WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF ANY FURTHER DEVELOPEMENTS AS WE GET TO KNOW THEM,
BEST REGARDS
BOB CLARK

I though certain derriére sniffers were claiming the Unicorn® was home free?
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What do you mean, bob made this for me, it's great - bit heavy though

http://www.brassfetcher.com/images/tacticoolAR15.jpg

I think  I need a bigger gun case !!!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This "sharp practise"...
Would it include fitting replacement parts without discussion that didn't need replacement?
Would it include substituting a different trigger to the one ordered and not saying?
Would it include taking an order via his website for parts not in stock and taking 3 months to make a refund?

personal experience

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This "sharp practise"...

Some more SGC personal experience.

Many years ago I spec'd and ordered an AR for Highpower service rifle comps. This was before Bradders was in business.

When the rifle arrived, there were parts that were not as specified and would have moved me out of service rifle class. And the barrel was rubbing against the (now not) free-float handguard.

RFD that I ordered through phones up Bob, and after much to-ing and fro-ing eventually its agreed to replace the non spec parts. We then come to the free float handguard:

RFD - "Barrel is rubbing on the free float hadguard"

Bob - "tell the buyer that when he slings up, the barrel wont be rubbing any more"

I admit thats pretty sharp, I'd never have thought of that - I'd have said "OK, send it back, I'll fix it"

Rifle was sent back without any payment. My wishes generally don't get answered, so I'm assuming that Bob didn't stuff it up his arse. Sideways.

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#37]
rock river arms sure as hell isn't  making the six position stocks he fits as theirs
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#38]
i've had 5 rifles built by SGC and haven't had any issues with any of them. Just my experience.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Word on the ranges is that Bob is looking to do the same action for several different pistol calibres. Don't know if this it true, but if it is this is good news.

It looks like the new action could become well established, and the shenanigans of the last few weeks will be firmly put behind him.

Link Posted: 3/20/2010 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Lets hope if more calibres are to be made that they'll take unmodified mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You can use standard 9mm AR mags in the unicorn

Promag or Colt work well, the bolt hold open feature is wasted though

Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really? I thought the Unicorn only took modified Uzi mags?
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Word on the ranges is that Bob is looking to do the same action for several different pistol calibres. Don't know if this it true, but if it is this is good news.

It looks like the new action could become well established, and the shenanigans of the last few weeks will be firmly put behind him.

'Dear Chief Plod,

I wish a Sec 1 variation for a 9mm semi automatic rifle… The original grounds for prohibiting their possession by the public was that their high rate of fire rendered them 'especially dangerous', as the Unicorn® can achieve as high a rate of fire as a Sec 5 semi automatic rifle, the ban on possession semi automatic centrefire rifles  is effectively null and void.

Yours faithfully…'
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Would be nice if we could get a foot in the door to get semi's back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Give me a call when he or someone starts on rifle caibres. Until then I'm happy with my semi-auto rimmie......
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

really? I thought the Unicorn only took modified Uzi mags?

Ah, more of Mr Bob's shenanigans

The Uzi mag is only 'modified' by cutting the slot for the AR mag catch. You can do that yourself
But even easier to buy a cheap promag, ready to go out of the packet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Still no sign of the alleged emails?
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#48]
what's the capacity of the promag's ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Probably lost in the post..................
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably lost in the post..................

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top