Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:48:32 AM EDT
I need a new carbine to carry in the car,  I gotta hurry n get my funds to build one.  

7 murders in Little Rock in the past 9 days. If you believe the news that is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel safe - my glock 24 just came back
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats why I carry a 10mm.  And an AR in back.  Last Friday I was in WLR and had to dial 911 cause some dude passed out and ran up on the curb on Markham in front of Acadamy.  I just wanted to add that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I need a new carbine to carry in the car,  I gotta hurry n get my funds to build one.  

I feel ya!

The one that happened out on hilaro springs last week was less than a quarter mile from grand parents house.

This shite is just crazy!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel ya!

The one that happened out on hilaro springs last week was less than a quarter mile from grand parents house.

This shite is just crazy!!

My brother lives near Hilaro springs.  He's fairly well armed but not good enough.  As far as I can tell it's a mini gang war.  Most of the ones I've heard about were gang related.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have time to get out, load, chamber and draw down, your self defense alibi. just went out the window. Your not going to have time to pull out a carbine rifle in a self defense situation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you have time to get out, load, chamber and draw down, your self defense alibi. just went out the window. Your not going to have time to pull out a carbine rifle in a self defense situation.

Just depends on how you explain it, but it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by 6
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just depends on how you explain it, but it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by 6

Unless you're carrying the rifle illegally uncased, loaded and in the immediate vicinity, you just won't have time.  Joe car jacker isn't going to walk up to you and let you retrieve your rifle. If you haven't already, get a CCW and carry on your person. Leave the carbine at home (unless it's a SHTF situation..) and use a weapon that is meant for close encounters. I'm not trying to discourage your purchase, but IMO it's wrong for your application. The most important thing is common sense and situational awareness. I offer this advice to you, because I was once robbed, get this, while sitting in an automatic car wash... So it can happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh I know all that.  Like I said I grew up in Little Rock  I just want something more than 16 rounds of .40 close by.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My sister and her husband have lived in Clark County since 1989, one of their daughters goes to a college in Little Rock. You guys nightmare stories and theirs sure can mess with the mind...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea but Clark County is pretty safe. Its just LR.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My sister and her husband have lived in Clark County since 1989, one of their daughters goes to a college in Little Rock. You guys nightmare stories and theirs sure can mess with the mind...

Don't pay mind to me, I come from the Phoenix metro area. The population is about the population of the state of Arkansas. LR is a tiny town compared to where I come from, so don't let my experience scare ya.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Mainly, it's PARTS of LR that are dangerous. Before I moved out to Bryant, I lived on Welch St, downtown LR ( east side of the freeway, off 9th st. in Da Hood) and we could hear small caliber gunfire every once in awhile, mainly over from the Hanger Hill area. Only good thing that came from living down there was if I *needed* to pop a stray cat or whatever, you could get away with it.
And believe it or not, the whole time I lived there (about 2yr) we never got broke into, had anything stolen, cars messed with - nothing. Though one night when I was at Aberdeen, some drunk was of in the street infront of our house screaming and cussing - scared my wife. But she got HER gun and was ready for the worst.
Oh and does anyone remember the shooting they had about a year or so ago where thug #1 shot hug #2 with a MAK90 over 'dissin' his wheels at the Rolex detail/car wash on 9th st? That was 2 blocks from our house and I remember hearing it and telling the wife.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
A guy riding my bus in Fayettenam walks on crutches because he cought 3rds of 9mm in his thigh during a house invasion/robbery.  Shattered his femur. and yet they took nothing.  He woke up with a gun to his head in his teammate's home in LR.  IIRC, he played on some Arena League football team or something.

Crazy $hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top