Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2006 5:38:35 PM EDT
Are there any machinists in Lincoln who would tackle the idea of doing a couple of 0% lowers? Ill buy a few lowers if interested.

Tracy
tw62t@aol.com
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:12:40 AM EDT
I don't know any machinists personally. I met a guy that works at Lincoln Machine. He did a rail for my H&K SL8 for beer money and cost of material. It was about a 6 hour job to get the final fit right. Suggest going into a local shop and seeing if anyone wants to do it. My guess is that they will welcome a new challenge.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:18:36 PM EDT
I believe making your own lower has to be a personal project. Basically you have to do the machining yourself. If the machine shop machines out lowers for commercial availability, they have to have a firearms manufacturing license.

I could be wrong, but I still suggest looking into it to be 100% sure that this would be legal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:43:14 PM EDT
It sucks when I dont type what Im thinking. I was thinking maybe me and whomever has the equipment could do a build together. Instead of an 80% lower do a complete lower from a casting. Ill do some looking and asking.
Thanks guys.

Tracy
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 5:40:05 PM EDT by scottryan]

Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
I believe making your own lower has to be a personal project. Basically you have to do the machining yourself. If the machine shop machines out lowers for commercial availability, they have to have a firearms manufacturing license.

I could be wrong, but I still suggest looking into it to be 100% sure that this would be legal.

If no money changes hands, it is hard to prove anybody is dealing/manufacturing without a license.
Top Top