Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 7:19:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Judge William Grim of Athens Municipal Court found Solich guilty after the former Nebraska coach pleaded no contest.

pleads guilty?  you sure?  

after seeing a ton of nebraskans say "good riddance, i never wanna know anything about him ever again, etc. etc." there sure seems to be a huge interest in the story that i've seen in the local news.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Judge William Grim of Athens Municipal Court found Solich guilty after the former Nebraska coach pleaded no contest.

pleads guilty?  you sure?  

after seeing a ton of nebraskans say "good riddance, i never wanna know anything about him ever again, etc. etc." there sure seems to be a huge interest in the story that i've seen in the local news.  

I plead no contest to street racing and they sure put it on my record
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
what i was getting at was "no contest" is not the same as "guilty".
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
No Contest is not technically the same as pleading guilty, but it has the same effect. The statement is neither a denial nor an admission of guilt. Someone who pleas no contest agrees to accept punishment as if he is guilty of the crime for which he is accused.

In the end, you will be convicted of the crime that you were charged with and your record will show that you have been convicted of the crime that you were charged, hence street racing on your record.  

SBG
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No Contest is not technically the same as pleading guilty, but it has the same effect. The statement is neither a denial nor an admission of guilt. Someone who pleas no contest agrees to accept punishment as if he is guilty of the crime for which he is accused.

In the end, you will be convicted of the crime that you were charged with and your record will show that you have been convicted of the crime that you were charged, hence street racing on your record.  

SBG

lookie a ambulance !!! go get it
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought he plead no
contest to ruining
a great football team??

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought he plead no
contest to ruining
a great football team??

A football team that will stay ruined for a long time because an 8 win season is unacceptable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top