Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2017 7:19:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't he campaign on being a one term governor?
View Quote
That's the way I remember it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Didn't he campaign on being a one term governor?
View Quote
Yep.  Every single time I was around him during the campaign and the comment or question came up regarding him running for two terms it was ALAWAYS NO.  We spoke about it several times personally, and every time his answer was the same.  "Blademan, I am not a politician.  I am going to get the gas-line going and then I am out.  One and done."

The main issue of why I helped him is that he promised me that he would fix the illegal hiring activity and corruption at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.  Airport manager John Parrott has been filling senior level management positions with individuals that didn't even meet the required minimum qualifications.  This is INCREADIBLY UNSAFE!  You now have an Airport Operations Superintendent that has never even driven the airfield, and still to this day couldn't.  Nor can she train new applicants.

The Manager and Assistant Manager for Airfield Maintenance didn't meet the required minimum qualifications either.  So you have a couple of guys who have no real world experience with heavy equipment at all, nor has the Manager ever supervised any maintenance employees prior to being given the management position by John Parrott running that department.  The amount of waste and horrible heavy equipment procurement decisions, made by those two is incalculable.  So many good and talented people have left that it is dangerous.  Plowing and maintaining a busy airfield is hazardous enough when everything is going right.  Now it is getting completely out of hand.

It is also illegal to do this type of hiring.  See the Alaska Constitution Article 12, Section 6 Merit System and AS 39.25.010, Codes under 2 AAC 07, etc.  Other highly qualified people applied for those jobs but were denied.

Bill knows everything about what happened under Parnell's Commissioners with this and has refused to fix it.  He flat out lied to me over and over about this.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Walker sucks.  The gas pipeline's economically impossible.  Stop wasting money and effort on it.

He illegally cut the dividend.

He refuses to cut state government spending seriously.

He keeps hiring these consultants for ludicrously high salaries saying "they're the only ones who can do their job" but there are never any results for the taxpayers.

He's almost as bad as Murkowski.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like Byron. I know him personally and I don't care for him one bit. His wife is nice and very personable, He is a pompous ass. I will say that he was the person to say good morning to my wife every day and the shitstick Walker would not say anything when addressed. Sean was at least social and very nice to us. I miss Parnell.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't like Byron. I know him personally and I don't care for him one bit. His wife is nice and very personable, He is a pompous ass. I will say that he was the person to say good morning to my wife every day and the shitstick Walker would not say anything when addressed. Sean was at least social and very nice to us. I miss Parnell.
View Quote
Funny story about Byron.  Right after the election Byron stopped by to check out his State issued SUV.  He didn't like the wheels that were on it.  So the equipment shop ordered up new wheels for the vehicle that were more fancy.  I heard they spent about $1000 on the new wheels.  While it wasn't that much money, it was his tone, and the principle of the matter overall.  It pissed the guys off in our shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top