Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 1:45:29 PM EDT
I have a buddy that lives in Palmer.  He has been there almost 2 years.  What should I do? in that area.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Does he have guns?  You can go shooting.

Not too much to do out there that you cant do anywhere else and I dont really know of any great places to eat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Go hike around Hatchers Pass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drive to Seward
Drive to Kenai then to Homer
Drive to Denali
Go to McCarthy and explore the old mine
Drive to Mt. View and try not to get shot

FWIW, We got snow last night in Fairbanks and I believe some parts of Anchorage did as well
View Quote
I used to walk home from Clark middle school as a kid (on Mt View). Sometimes it feels like these kind of statements are hyperbole sometimes they seem accurate. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
hook up with the ATV group and do some backcountry stuff with them. most are great guys and will let you ride shotgun for gas money, some of them get REALLY far off the pavement.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm visiting as well. Take a couple hours and hike up to the top of Flat Top. The view is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Pioneer Peak if you have the legs for it...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not from alaska but i have stayed in Palmer a few times.  Will you be bringing your family (if u have kids there is a reindeer ranch).  There is a gun range in Palmer but i have no other info.  I think it was Matsu valley shooting range?  There's also a good coffee roaster in Palmer though they were for sale when i was there.

I really liked the Palmer Ale House for pizza and beer.  Turkey Red has good Med food and desserts. There are two supermarkets in Palmer as well so it's easy to get supplies to do your own cooking too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top