Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:54:55 PM EDT
Who if anybody shoots there frequently? I always thought you had to sign up through MWR and get a membership to shoot, but today I was told by one of the Marines that I should just show up, as someone is always manning the ranges on the weekends. Do they need a post registration for firearms like Schofield? Puuloa is pretty convinient being it is only a 5 minute drive from my house, and the rules and regulations are so much better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:10:24 PM EDT
There is a Fedreal Law that must allow the General Public use of all Federal RIFLE ranges.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:56:15 PM EDT
I do believe you need to be a member to shoot. It's cheap though, like $20/yr. Anyone can shoot in the matches.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:48:20 PM EDT
I have also shot at K-bay. You need to be sponserd on by an active duty Marine. The shoots take place twice each month on Friday afternoons.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:17:18 PM EDT
Im already active duty so that wont apply. Im gonna call tomorrow if I ever get time during work to find out for sure what the requirements are, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:03:15 AM EDT
nf,
email or IM me sometime and I'll tell you what I know about Puuloa... 2 SBCT master gunners run the ranges down there for the Army and have co-use priveleges with the USMC. They are the ones who host, RSO/OIC, and help train us for our SR&GC combat pistol shoots once a month. We just shot there all day last Sunday. You are missing out on a good deal.

Copperhead
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:03:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Copperhead16:
nf,
email or IM me sometime and I'll tell you what I know about Puuloa... 2 SBCT master gunners run the ranges down there for the Army and have co-use priveleges with the USMC. They are the ones who host, RSO/OIC, and help train us for our SR&GC combat pistol shoots once a month. We just shot there all day last Sunday. You are missing out on a good deal.

Copperhead

Ive been doing ranges for my battalion there for the last 2 weeks myself, they are qualifying on the far back range as I type. Ill shoot you a email concerning the next scheduled fun time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:39:12 PM EDT
are you in 3-25?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:26:31 PM EDT
209th.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:58:13 PM EDT
too bad, was thinking I might run into you in my new battalion...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:01:52 AM EDT
Your arms rooms are right next to mine.
Top Top